Microsoft Edge is a lightweight web browser for Windows, Android and iOS. It gives you one continuous browsing experience across your mobile devices to your Microsoft Windows 10 PC.
Your stuff syncs in the background, allowing you to browse across devices, without skipping a beat. It has new features, including integration with Cortana, annotation tools, and a reading mode.
You can view your favorites, reading list, browsing history, and downloads at the Hub. A sidebar providing functionality similar to Internet Explorer’s Downloads manager and Favorites Center. In addition, the browser includes an integrated Adobe Flash Player and a PDF reader. It also supports asm.js.
Microsoft Edge does not support legacy technologies such as ActiveX and Browser Helper Objects, and will instead use an extension system.
Familiar Microsoft Edge features like the Hub allow users to organize the web in a way that cuts through the clutter, making it easier to find, view and manage their content on-the-go.
Microsoft Edge Features:
Continue on PC: Go anywhere and pick up where you left off by seamlessly moving content between your mobile device and PC (requires Windows 10 Fall Creator’s Update).
Data Sync: Your favourites, passwords and reading list are synced across your devices. So no matter the device, your browser is always personalised to you.
Hub View: Your favourites, reading list, history and books all in one place. Finding and managing your content is simple.
QR Code Reader: Easily read QR codes at the touch of a button. Microsoft Edge will pull up the reading and information right onto your screen.
Voice Search: You can now use your voice to search the web. Ask a question or speak a prompt to use the web in more natural, familiar ways.
InPrivate: When you browse with InPrivate mode, your browsing data (history, temporary internet files, cookies) won’t saved on your PC.
Changes in Microsoft Edge 126.96.36.199 Dev:
New features and behavior:
- Added more strings to the translation work
- Prevent IE-Mode in Application Guard containers
- Ability to set text size and background theme in Reading View is now under flag.
- Ability to use dark mode on downlevel Windows versions 7, 8 & 8.1
- Search box now clears content with Esc or “x” button
Fixes for improved reliability:
- Fixed a crash on Extensions page.
- Fixed a crash in API keys
- Fixed a crash while opening PDFs
- Fix crash in Sync service
- Fix crash due to cached call in renderer
- Fix deadlock in Windows, where Microsoft Edge blocks shutdown.
- Fix crash in JSON parser
Fixes for improved behavior:
- Fix preventing URL redirection in Application Guard.
- Fix to prevent creation of database until needed (performance)
- Subpage headers display the number of search results.
- Fix to close Profile UI on sign-in
- Dev Tools support using OS theme color on Windows 10
- Fix color contrast for selected favorites
- Fixed Copy / Paste keyboard shortcuts on macOS
- Fix for z-order on history page
- Fixed transparency issue on First Run Experience
- Strengthened launching logic for PDF to specified file names and paths
- Fix to show FavIcons in Favorites management page.
- Fix for account removal in Identity
- Fix for sign-in where account pop-up was not topmost window.
- Fix for data imports from Chrome and Edge during First Run experience.
Changes in Microsoft Edge 188.8.131.5273 for Android:
- Picture-in-Picture mode is available with this update (on devices with Android 8.0 and above).
- General bug fixes and performance improvements.
Changes in Microsoft Edge 44.5.3 for iOS:
- As of this release, we’ll no longer support books on Microsoft Edge or related features.
- This release includes general bug fixes and performance improvements.
Homepage – https://www.microsoft.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (64-bit)
- Android 4.4 and higher,
- iOS 9.0 or later.
Size: 63.4 MB