Microsoft Edge is a lightweight web browser for Windows, Android and iOS. It gives you one continuous browsing experience across your mobile devices to your Microsoft Windows 10 PC.
Your stuff syncs in the background, allowing you to browse across devices, without skipping a beat. It has new features, including integration with Cortana, annotation tools, and a reading mode.
You can view your favorites, reading list, browsing history, and downloads at the Hub. A sidebar providing functionality similar to Internet Explorer’s Downloads manager and Favorites Center. In addition, the browser includes an integrated Adobe Flash Player and a PDF reader. It also supports asm.js.
Microsoft Edge does not support legacy technologies such as ActiveX and Browser Helper Objects, and will instead use an extension system.
Familiar Microsoft Edge features like the Hub allow users to organize the web in a way that cuts through the clutter, making it easier to find, view and manage their content on-the-go.
Microsoft Edge Features:
Continue on PC: Go anywhere and pick up where you left off by seamlessly moving content between your mobile device and PC (requires Windows 10 Fall Creator’s Update).
Data Sync: Your favourites, passwords and reading list are synced across your devices. So no matter the device, your browser is always personalised to you.
Hub View: Your favourites, reading list, history and books all in one place. Finding and managing your content is simple.
QR Code Reader: Easily read QR codes at the touch of a button. Microsoft Edge will pull up the reading and information right onto your screen.
Voice Search: You can now use your voice to search the web. Ask a question or speak a prompt to use the web in more natural, familiar ways.
InPrivate: When you browse with InPrivate mode, your browsing data (history, temporary internet files, cookies) won’t saved on your PC.
Changes in Microsoft Edge 79.0.301.2 Dev:
- Added a setting to show or hide the feedback smiley face from the toolbar.
- The first round of Family Safety features is now available on Windows 10.
- Added an option to the New Tab Page for users signed into the browser with a work or school account to show Office content from their organization instead of news content.
- Added a toolbar to Reading View for easy access to Read Aloud and text viewing options.
- Added the touchscreen scrolling behavior that the existing version of Edge was known for.
- Added a button in Settings on Mac to open Microsoft AutoUpdate.
- Added right-click support to menu items on Mac.
- Added the ability to automatically remove extensions from a user’s device when they’ve been removed from the store they were installed from.
- Fixed an issue where the browser has high CPU usage when idle.
- Fixed an issue where the new tab page sometimes crashes when scrolled.
- Fixed a browser crash when using the new tab page.
- Fixed a browser crash when using IE mode.
- Fixed a browser crash when using Collections.
- Fixed a browser crash when importing data from another browser.
- Fixed a webpage crash when viewing PDF documents.
- Fixed an issue where webpages sometimes crash when typing in passwords.
- Fixed an issue where Netflix shows error D7354 when trying to play a video.
- Fixed some hangs.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to print a webpage while it’s in Reading View only prints a single paper’s worth of content instead of the entire webpage.
- Fixed an issue where certain Read Aloud voices don’t work properly.
- Changed the InPrivate icon into a square, as requested by user feedback.
- Fixed an issue where users signed into the browser with a personal Microsoft account are unable to sync favorites and other content.
- Fixed an issue where users with multiple accounts lose their account pictures on Taskbar shortcuts.
- Fixed an issue where the Taskbar shortcut sometimes appears as the default sheet of paper.
- Fixed an issue where the tab title in the tab band or on the Task Bar is incorrect if a PDF document is open.
- Fixed an issue where selecting large amounts of text in PDF documents doesn’t work properly.
- Fixed an issue where searches from the address bar are always in English despite the user’s language being set to some other language.
- Fixed an issue where Top Sites on the new tab page disappear or are reset after upgrading to a new version of Edge.
- Fixed an issue where translating a page into a different language and then back into its original language shows an error instead of performing the second translation.
- Fixed an issue where certain webpage controls like the calendar picker aren’t appearing.
- Fixed an issue where the feedback smiley face is removed from the toolbar when it shouldn’t be.
- Fixed an issue where the feedback smiley face isn’t rendered properly.
- Fixed an issue where hitting the ESC key on the warning dialog that appears when attempting to close the browser while a download is in progress closes the browser instead of just dismissing the dialog.
- Fixed an issue where the warning about closing the browser while there’s an ongoing download never appears again after it’s dismissed the first time.
- Fixed an issue where certain functionality like delete doesn’t work on the downloads shelf.
- Fixed an issue where it’s possible to sign into a work or school account using the wrong type of email.
- Fixed an issue where Single Sign-On signs users into the wrong account if they sign into the browser with a different work or school account than the one they’re currently signed into Windows with.
- Fixed an issue where autofill settings are unexpectedly turned off by default for some users.
- Fixed an issue where cookies are unexpectedly disabled on new installations.
- Improved text input in Collections.
- Fixed an issue where two scroll bars sometimes appear in Collections.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling a website installed as an app from the Control Panel doesn’t give any indication as to whether or not it’s succeeded.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where clicking in menus sometimes doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where corrupted characters appeared in the F12 Dev Tools.
- Fixed an issue where certain icons are inappropriately mirrored in right-to-left language installations.
Changes in Microsoft Edge 22.214.171.12473 for Android:
- Picture-in-Picture mode is available with this update (on devices with Android 8.0 and above).
- General bug fixes and performance improvements.
Changes in Microsoft Edge 44.5.3 for iOS:
- As of this release, we’ll no longer support books on Microsoft Edge or related features.
- This release includes general bug fixes and performance improvements.
Homepage – https://www.microsoft.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (64-bit)
- Android 4.4 and higher,
- iOS 9.0 or later.
Size: 63.4 MB