Brave Browser is a free, fast, secure and open source web application based on the Chromium and available for your all devices. Complete with a built-in ad blocker that prevents tracking and provides security protection with optimized data and battery performance.
The Brave is much more than a web browser, it is a new way of thinking about how the web works. Brave is on a mission to fix the web by giving users a safer, faster and better browsing experience while growing support for content creators through a new attention-based ecosystem of rewards.
Browse Faster – Load pages 3x to 6x faster
Watch Brave in action, head-to-head-to-head against Chrome and Firefox. Brave loads pages three times as fast out of the box with nothing to install, learn or manage.
Switching is easy – Import and continue where you left off
It’s easy to import your settings from your old browser. You can do it during the welcome tour or later through the menus. All of your old browser profiles will appear in a list. You can import other browser data through the main menu item called “Import Bookmarks and Settings.”
Support your favorite sites with Brave Rewards
Turn on Brave Rewards and give a little back to the sites you frequent most. Earn frequent flyer-like tokens (BAT) for viewing privacy-respecting ads through Brave and help fund the content you love.
Browsing the web with Brave is free: with Brave Rewards activated, you can support the content creators you love at the amount that works for you.
The browser can automatically distribute your contributions based on how much time you spend on sites. Or, you can choose to tip sites directly, and even offer a fixed monthly tip amount.
All of this works while keeping your browsing history private. Your funds are made available to site owners through an anonymous ledger system, so you can’t be identified based on the sites you visit and support. Over 10,000 publishers and content creators have registered to receive Brave Rewards.
Remember: these contributions are optional – browsing the web with Brave Browser is free.
Brave Browser Feature List:
- Ad blocking
- Fingerprinting prevention
- Cookie control
- HTTPS upgrading
- Block scripts
- Per-site shield settings
- Configurable global shield defaults
- Earn by viewing private ads
- Tip your favorite creators
- Contribute monthly to sites
- Auto-contribute to sites
- Verify with Uphold and move funds in and out of your wallet
- Become a verified creator and start earning BAT from tips, contributions and referrals
Tabs and Windows
- Private Windows
- Pinned Tabs
- Drag and drop
- Close Options
- Find on page
- Print page
- Clear browsing data
- Built-in password manager
- Form autofill
- Control content access to full-screen presentation
- Control site access to autoplay media
- Send “Do not track” with browsing requests
- Choose default search engine
- Use keyboard shortcuts for alternate search engines
- Option to use DuckDuckGo for private window search
- Add Bookmark
- Autosuggest URLs
- Search from address bar
- Autosuggest search terms
- Show/hide bookmarks toolbar
- Show secure or insecure site
Extensions and Plugins
- Brave Desktop now supports most of the Chrome extensions in the chrome web store
Changes in Brave Browser 1.5.115:
- Fixed CPU/performance issues in certain cases.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.5.113:
- Upgraded Chromium to 80.0.3987.149.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.5.112:
- Added ad conversion attribution for Brave ads.
- Added ability for websites to determine if browser is Brave.
- Improved compatibility with MetaMask and allow web3 provider selection.
- Improved fingerprinting privacy by removing “navigator.deviceMemory”.
- Removed reference to star icon used to bookmark pages under the bookmark manager.
- Updated top sites background from translucent to opaque under New Tab Page.
- Updated text in the “Ads” panel under brave://rewards.
- Fixed favorites and bookmarks not importing from Safari.
- Fixed intermittent crash if ad confirmations library is called before being instantiated.
- Fixed 5% fee for Brave Rewards not always being sent when multiple tips are sent in quick succession.
- Fixed all confirmation types such as viewed, clicked and dismissed being counted towards the ads per hour limit.
- Fixed incorrect message being displayed on panel and tip banner in certain cases.
- Fixed duplicate ads entries not being added into “7-day Ads History” in brave://rewards.
- Fixed incorrect color being used for the “thumbs up” icon in “7-day Ads History” under brave://rewards.
- Fixed PDFium displaying “Brave Software Drive” in the “Save as PDF” modal.
- Fixed shields content should be specific to the page that the shields panel is opened from.
- Fixed shields warning not visible when changing between advanced vs simple view while using dark theme.
- Fixed “brave-browser.list” being removed on Linux whenever upgrading Brave.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.4.95:
- Added the ability to look up an archived page using the Wayback Machine.
- Added option in brave://settings to disable Tor component.
- Updated order of certain items on the hamburger menu.
- Updated theme selection to be per install instead of per profile.
- Fixed sync crash in certain cases.
- Fixed ads history being limited to 99 entries.
- Fixed ads history entries not being displayed in reverse chronological order.
- Fixed ads history showing incorrect date on Linux.
- Fixed multiple landed confirmations being created in certain cases.
- Fixed broken formatting of monthly contributions on brave://rewards for some locales.
- Fixed rewards notification icon not being shown on verified publisher sites.
- Fixed extensions being blocked when verifying Brave Rewards wallet.
- Fixed “too many redirects” error caused by Brave’s user-agent.
- Fixed P3A toggle selection not being respected in all open windows.
- Upgraded Chromium to 80.0.3987.122.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.3.115:
- Fixed several crashes and stability issues by temporarily disabling sync.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.3.113:
- Added New Tab Page Sponsored Images.
- Added the ability to opt-in to user private Brave ads for over 30 new regions.
- Added the ability for multiple segments to trigger ad notifications.
- Added OS level targeting for ads.
- Added server configurable default tip amounts.
- Added web compatibility reporter on Brave Shields.
- Added additional zoom levels.
- Added the ability for users to disable autocomplete.
- Added the ability to disable Tor via Admin policy.
- Added auto-compaction for sync to reduce transferred data amount.
- Updated permissions for Uphold user wallets for Brave Rewards.
- Updated UI for the Brave Rewards widget on the New Tab Page.
- Updated text to indicate that wallet verification is optional.
- Updated “Thank you” text on monthly contribution banner.
- Updated ads panel on brave://rewards to display BAT with 1 decimal place.
- Updated speaker button on pinned tabs so it cannot be clicked.
- Updated Widevine setting to be install specific instead of profile specific.
- Updated the New Tab Page to be more dynamic.
- Updated sync chain preferences.
- Disabled out of process rasterization by default.
- Fixed crash which occurred when
extensions-toolbar-menuis enabled in brave://flags.
- Fixed ads crash in certain cases.
- Fixed Brave Rewards widget not reflecting auto contribute amount.
- Fixed wallet balance not updating dynamically on the tip banner.
- Fixed incorrect balance displaying when rewards is toggled off.
- Fixed claim banner not being removed from brave://rewards in certain cases.
- Fixed the tipping banner always showing a disabled vertical scrollbar.
- Fixed multiple entries displaying in ads history for the same ad notification.
- Fixed inability to open ad notifications from notification center on Windows.
- Fixed certain cases where browser doesn’t retry to get new signed ad tokens.
- Fixed global shields setting for “Only block cross-site cookies” not working.
- Fixed missing context menu items.
- Fixed inconsistent naming for Site Settings in brave://settings/clearBrowserData.
- Fixed exported password file name.
- Fixed “Add to Chrome” being displayed instead of “Add to Brave” in Chrome Web Store.
- Fixed inability to login to Expensify with Google Authentication.
- Fixed certain cases where bookmarks are missing from sync after chain creation.
- Fixed certain cases where bookmark location changes are not synced to other devices on chain.
- Fixed issue with sync chain reset when device is offline.
- Fixed webview crash on
- Fixed display glitches in certain cases.
- Fixed top sites widget not moving up when stats widget is hidden on the New Tab Page.
- Fixed typescript files not displaying syntax highlighting in Developer Tools.
- Upgraded Chromium to 80.0.3987.87.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.2.43:
- Upgraded Chromium 79.0.3945.130.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.2.42:
- Upgraded Chromium to 79.0.3945.117.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.2.41:
- Added auto refresh of page after selecting “Always allow autoplay on…” from URL bar.
- Added setting to allow “Remote debugging” in brave://settings/privacy.
- Added ability to choose between Crypto Wallets or MetaMask for Dapps.
- Updated Monthly Contribution text for Brave Rewards.
- Updated tip banner to contain “Thank You” message after tip is made.
- Improved general performance by only loading WebTorrent component when torrent or magnet pages are opened.
- Revamped bookmark structure to improve syncing across multiple platforms.
- Disabled option to open Tor in a Guest window.
- Fixed certain cases where multiple auto contributions were occurring. )
- Fixed crash when attempting to open brave://sync from Tor window.
- Fixed extensions denial of service issue as reported on HackerOne by world_languages.
- Fixed incorrect number of maximum daily ad notifications.
- Fixed Developer Tools Audit feature so it no longer freezes.
- Fixed GTK+ dark theme display issue on Linux.
- Fixed incorrect SUID sandbox on Linux.
- Fixed inability to log into Bing Rewards.
- Fixed “Relaunch” button resetting “Use Google Services for Push Messaging” selection.
Homepage – https://brave.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or later
- OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later
- 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04+, Mint 17+, Debian 9+, openSUSE 15+, Fedora Linux 28+, or CentOS/RHEL 8+
- iOS 12.0 or later.
- Varies with Android device
Size: 66.2 MB