Brave Browser is a free, fast, secure and open source web browsing application based on the Chromium and available for your all devices. Complete with a built-in ad blocker that prevents tracking and provides security protection with optimized data and battery performance.
The Brave is much more than a web browser, it is a new way of thinking about how the web works. Brave is on a mission to fix the web by giving users a safer, faster and better browsing experience while growing support for content creators through a new attention-based ecosystem of rewards.
Browse Faster – Load pages 3x to 6x faster
Watch Brave in action, head-to-head-to-head against Chrome and Firefox. Brave loads pages three times as fast out of the box with nothing to install, learn or manage.
Switching is easy – Import and continue where you left off
It’s easy to import your settings from your old browser. You can do it during the welcome tour or later through the menus. All of your old browser profiles will appear in a list. You can import other browser data through the main menu item called “Import Bookmarks and Settings.”
Support your favorite sites with Brave Rewards
Turn on Brave Rewards and give a little back to the sites you frequent most. Earn frequent flyer-like tokens (BAT) for viewing privacy-respecting ads through Brave and help fund the content you love.
Browsing the web with Brave is free: with Brave Rewards activated, you can support the content creators you love at the amount that works for you.
The browser can automatically distribute your contributions based on how much time you spend on sites. Or, you can choose to tip sites directly, and even offer a fixed monthly tip amount.
All of this works while keeping your browsing history private. Your funds are made available to site owners through an anonymous ledger system, so you can’t be identified based on the sites you visit and support. Over 10,000 publishers and content creators have registered to receive Brave Rewards.
Remember: these contributions are optional – browsing the web with Brave Browser is free.
Brave Browser Feature List:
- Ad blocking
- Fingerprinting prevention
- Cookie control
- HTTPS upgrading
- Block scripts
- Per-site shield settings
- Configurable global shield defaults
- Earn by viewing private ads
- Tip your favorite creators
- Contribute monthly to sites
- Auto-contribute to sites
- Verify with Uphold and move funds in and out of your wallet
- Become a verified creator and start earning BAT from tips, contributions and referrals
Tabs and Windows
- Private Windows
- Pinned Tabs
- Drag and drop
- Close Options
- Find on page
- Print page
- Clear browsing data
- Built-in password manager
- Form autofill
- Control content access to full-screen presentation
- Control site access to autoplay media
- Send “Do not track” with browsing requests
- Choose default search engine
- Use keyboard shortcuts for alternate search engines
- Option to use DuckDuckGo for private window search
- Add Bookmark
- Autosuggest URLs
- Search from address bar
- Autosuggest search terms
- Show/hide bookmarks toolbar
- Show secure or insecure site
Extensions and Plugins
- Brave Desktop now supports most of the Chrome extensions in the chrome web store
Changes in Brave Browser 1.19.86:
- Added native IPFS support.
- Added Greaselion support for Twitch creators.
- Added “Tabs from other devices” under brave://history when sync is enabled.
- Updated pre-populated search engine list.
- Updated visuals for both “New private window” and “New private window with Tor” to make it easier to distinguish between the two windows.
- Updated New Tab Page background images.
- Updated Brave Rewards onboarding panel under brave://welcome.
- Update referrer handling for better compatibility.
- Updated directory path of admin policy on Linux.
- Implemented ad conversion against the complete URL chain of trust.
- Removed Chromium noscript dialog from the URL bar.
- Removed duplicate controls from brave://settings/newTab.
- Replaced the “Add Card” tab under New Tab Page with sub-tab “Edit Cards”.
- Fixed ad crash when refilling unblinded tokens after downloading catalog due to invalid blinded tokens.
- Fixed ads not being displayed after restart if catalog fails to download but a previous catalog bundle exists.
- Fixed fifth background image (yellow) not being used on tip banner.
- Fixed clicking on “Open in Tor” button from Guest window does not connect to Tor network.
- Fixed Tor crash in certain cases.
- Fixed Tor not working when multiple profiles are opened at the same time.
- Fixed open tabs not always being synced to other devices in sync chain.
- Fixed autoplay dialog being displayed under URL bar if global content settings under brave://settings/content/autoplay is toggled.
- Fixed brave://discards loading blank page.
- Fixed incorrect number formatting for Crypto.com widget.
- Fixed Brave Today intro card not being dismissed after being viewed.
- Fixed Brave Today history scoring being limited to 100 items.
- Fixed geolocations using the wrong endpoints in certain cases.
- Fixed PDF files automatically downloading and opening on click.
- Upgraded Chromium to 88.0.4324.96.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.18.78:
- Upgraded Chromium to 87.0.4280.141
Changes in Brave Browser 1.18.77:
- Added Arm64 support for macOS (Apple Silicon, M1 CPU).
- Fixed rewards panel not being translated in certain locales.
- Fixed not being able to play HBO Max content due to “kVideoPlaybackQuality” being disabled.
- Fixed not being able to play videos on https://www.imdb.com.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.18.75:
- Added QR code under brave://rewards for iOS devices.
- Fixed issue where the New Tab Page was causing persistently higher CPU and GPU usage.
- Fixed issue where the number of Brave Ads delivered per day was incorrectly being limited by the ads per hour selection.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.18.70:
- Added Brave Today news feed on the New Tab Page. (#12574)
- Added support for day-parting of Brave Ads. (#5234)
- Added P3A metrics for Brave Today. (#12974)
- Added P2A metrics in Brave Ads. (#11060)
- Added Greaselion support for Vimeo creators. (#11465)
- Added setting for “New tab page shows” under brave://settings/newTab. (#2999)
- Added protection against private browsing detection. (#11543)
- [Security] Added privacy notice to Uphold wallet linking modals. (#11431)
- Implemented the ability to remove other devices in a sync chain. (#11232)
- Implemented navigator.deviceMemory farbling. (#12348)
- Implemented Brave Rewards onboarding. (#12138)
- Implemented new panel design for monthly contributions. (#11929)
- Improved the display of custom background images in the Brave Rewards tipping banner. (#12057)
- Improved heuristic for determining first/third-party-ness of ads for default cosmetic filtering. (#1998)
- Improved contrast among tabs. (#8576)
- Enabled Global Privacy Control. (#12875)
- Updated default search engine to Yandex for new installations in certain regions. (#12327)
- Updated Brave Rewards extension to be non-persistent. (#6462)
- Updated error messaging on Brave Rewards tipping banners. (#12224)
- Updated macOS dock icons to be smaller. (#8662)
- Removed redundant rewards setting to address user confusion. (#11467)
- Removed Dapp detection for https://www.nytimes.com. (#12709)
- Fixed Crypto Wallet infobar incorrectly being displayed for Google Calendar and Gmail. (#12942)
- Fixed navigator.userAgent farbling not being applied in workers. (#12230)
- Fixed Canvas farbling in disconnected iframes. (#12303)
- Upgraded Chromium to 87.0.4280.101.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.17.75:
- Added “Don’t ask again” button under Crypto Wallet infobar.
- Fixed menu items missing from bookmark context menu when using German locale.
- Updated “Ad notifications received this month” text under brave://rewards to “Ads received this month”.
- Upgraded Chromium to 87.0.4280.88.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.17.73:
- Added support for CNAME adblocking.
- Added support for including New Tab Page Sponsored Image views in “Estimated pending rewards” and “Ad notifications received this month” for Brave Ads.
- Added Greaselion support for Twitter creators.
- Added Greaselion support for GitHub creators.
- Added Greaselion support for Reddit creators.
- Added promotion for Uphold Equities Card.
- Added P3A metrics for the New Tab Page.
- Added setting for “Cycle through the most recently used tabs with Ctrl-Tab” under brave://settings/appearance.
- Improved user interface to make it easier to interact with “.onion” sites.
- Improved top site tiles on the New Tab Page.
- Improved Dapp detection so that it is not triggered on https://web.archive.org.
- Implemented WebGL2 fingerprint farbling protections.
- Implemented User Agent fingerprint farbling protections.
- Updated design for Brave Rewards tipping banners.
- Re-enabled Safe Browsing for downloads.
- Removed Bitcoin.com widget from the New Tab Page.
- Removed known user tracking parameter “_openstat” from query strings.
- Fixed Greaselion race condition which caused the content-level tip button text to not display properly.
- Fixed favicon for verified Twitter creators not being displayed correctly under the rewards panel.
- Fixed inability to tip a creator from the rewards panel if content-level tips were disabled.
- Fixed content-level tip button not displaying for the selected tweet on a Twitter thread.
- Fixed Twitter handle not displaying correctly when tweeting about a tip in certain cases.
- Fixed issue where tipping a user’s likes on Twitter would result in the incorrect Twitter handle being displayed in the tweet.
- Fixed alignment of content-level tip button on certain GitHub pages.
- Fixed content-level tip button not being displayed on certain GitHub pages.
- Fixed landed confirmations being created without clicking on the Brave Ad notification.
- Fixed issue where Brave Ad confirmations failed to migrate from older versions if Brave Ads were off in certain cases.
- Fixed issue where WebGL shader API was incorrectly being blocked in certain cases.
- Fixed issue where trackpad zoom on Google Maps was too sensitive.
- Fixed certain maps not displaying properly.
- Fixed incorrect initial display of bubble buttons from the URL bar.
- Fixed “Customize Dashboard” tool tip text incorrectly being shown outside of the Customize Dashboard modal.
- Fixed labels under brave://settings for consistency.
- Upgraded Chromium to 87.0.4280.67.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.16.76:
- Upgraded Chromium to 86.0.4240.198.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.16.75:
- Changed HTTP error code Brave uses when blocking network request to better match what other browsers and tools expect, to increase compatibility with crowdsourced filter lists.
- Upgraded Chromium to 86.0.4240.193.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.16.72:
- Fixed reCAPTCHA constantly being displayed when logging into certain websites.
- Fixed fingerprinting issues in certain cases by reverting “navigator.deviceMemory”.
- Fixed webview crash in certain cases by using proper origin.
- Removed iOS QR code function from brave://rewards.
- Upgraded Chromium to 86.0.4240.183.
Changes in Brave Browser 1.16.68:
- Added Crypto.com widget to the New Tab Page.
- Added the ability to use 24-hour clock on the New Tab Page.
- Added QR code under brave://rewards for iOS devices.
- Added Greaselion support for YouTube creators.
- Added Auto-Contribute feature flag to Greaselion.
- [Security] Fixed WebTorrent redirect issue as reported on HackerOne by d3f4u17.
- [Security] Encrypted private wallet data preferences for Brave Rewards.
- Updated Startpage search to give attribution to Brave.
- Updated Dapp detection script to be minified.
- Updated Dapp detection to use window.ethereum.
- Updated Brave Ads to automatically limit unwanted Brave Ads delivery.
- Updated Tor to use an OS selected port number.
- Updated “Learn more” link under brave://settings/help which displays in certain cases on Windows.
- Renamed “Web3 provider for using Dapps” to “Ethereum provider for using Dapps” under brave://settings/extensions.
- Removed known email tracking parameters from Vero URLs.
- Removed known tracking parameter “yclid” from URLs.
- Removed intra-site requests from the query string filter.
- Removed prompt to select Dapp provider when MetaMask is installed.
- Removed login flow from Brave Rewards in certain cases when a KYC’d Uphold user wallet was previously connected.
- Fixed issue where restoring a Brave Rewards wallet failed in certain cases.
- Fixed breakage on sites that use “addthis” scripts in certain cases.
- Fixed issue where long translations on the “Connect to Gemini” button for the Gemini widget did not display properly.
- Fixed “Customize Dashboard” modal to remove unnecessary scroll bars.
Homepage – https://brave.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or later
- OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later
- 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04+, Mint 17+, Debian 9+, openSUSE 15+, Fedora Linux 28+, or CentOS/RHEL 8+
- iOS 12.0 or later.
- Varies with Android device
Size: 69.9 MB