WIPE is a free, easy to use and powerful security tool. It allows you to protect your privacy by clearing browser history and cache, cleaning index.dat files, securely removing cookies.
It also safely deletes autocomplete history and temporary internet files and erases any other tracks that you leave behind after having used your pc.
WIPE removes all traces of your online and offline activities in Windows OS. Also in the most popular browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera) and in many of other, daily used software. Only the evidence of your activities, which is recorded and stored by your computer without your permission, is erased.
This data wiper incoporates US DoD 5220.22-M, Gutmann (full 39 steps) and Russian GOST algorithms to completely erase your personal and private data. That makes deleted usage tracks unrecoverable.
- Complete solution to remove user tracks. WIPE clears user browsing history, cookies, index.dat files, cache, logs, temporary internet files, autocomplete search history, recent document list, recent keywords list in toolbars, cached thumbnails of viewed pictures, registry cache and many many other areas.
- Clear tracks collected by Windows. WIPE clears history records, tracks and evidences of computer usage made in Windows. Nobody will be able to find out what you did on your PC.
- Clear tracks in 100s other applications. WIPE will also clear tracks, evidences, garbage files in many other programs that you might have installed on your PC.
- Impressive list with tracks preview – after running Wipe will show you convenient list of all tracks that you have on your PC, calculates amount of files and registry records.
- Tracks preview. You can click any item in the list to see which tracks (information) stored under it to deside if you need to clear it.
- Separated by areas. Every program in the list (including Windows) have several options to clean. User can specify what to clean more carefully. Every area have its own checkbox.
- Closing running programs. The app checks for running programs and will close those that necessary for successful cleanup.
- Watching for success. WIPE will verify tracks removal and will notify you if any file or registry record wasn’t deleted correctly. This can happen if some running program locking files/registry records.
- No restore. Wipe uses anti-recovery methods, even file names will be renamed to digits so noone will be able to guess content of deleted files.
- Reminds you ro clean your PC. Wipe tray agent can remind you to clean your PC when you have finished with Internet browsing.
Changes in Wipe 2020.08:
NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Added window that will notify you when the software update is available and you will be able to choose to install it now or later. Previously, the program installed all updates in hidden mode on the background. Now you can choose.
- Added cleaning of Dr Web cache of certificates.
- Improved cleaning of Windows Core: added logs of user’s USO.
- Improved application startup time.
- Improved speed of cleaning and speed of the interface: we have completely removed popup tooltips, they eat a lot of resources and their benefits are controversial. You can still access data which was in the tooltip box by clicking “info” icon.
- Improved settings storage. Now all preferences related to our software will be stored not in the registry, but in the user folder.
- Improved setup script. Now applicaton will be installed into the Program Files folder, instead of user data folder. From now on installation will always require administrative priveleges.
- Fixed by default the program will not run with administrative priveleges.
- Removed question at first startup if user wants to run application with administrative priveleges. We will not confuse you with this question. This option will be available in the settings.
Changes in Wipe 18.08:
- Added support for cleaning in browser Chrome 81.
- Added support for cleaning in browser FireFox 74 and 75.
- Added support for cleaning in browser Opera 67.
- Added support for cleaning in browser Slimjet 26.
- Added support for cleaning in browser Comodo Dragon 80 and 81.
- Removed support for expired app: Chrome 64-74
- Removed support for expired app: Dragon 52-74
- Removed support for expired app: FireFox 56-66
- Removed support for expired app: Flash Player 25-27
- Removed support for expired app: IceDragon 50-59
- Removed support for expired app: Opera 50-59
- Removed support for expired app: SlimJet 50-72
- Removed support for expired app: Yandex Browser 17-18
- Removed support for expired app: WinZip 17-19
Changes in Wipe 18.07:
- Added support for new browser Yandex 20
- Added support for browser Comodo Dragon 79
- Added support for browser FireFox 73
- Added support for browser SlimJet 25
- Added support for browser Torch 69
- Also, the following apps received minot updates: Flash Player, Vivaldi browser, Palemoon browser.
Changes in Wipe 18.06:
- Fixed bug that displayed popup browser window with expired advertising during installation or update.
- Added support for future version of browser Chrome 80.
- Added support for future version of browser FireFox 72.
- Updated Palemoon browser to version 28.8.
- Updated Flash Player to version 32.303.
- Updated Yandex browser to version 19.12.
Changes in Wipe 18.05:
- Cleaning improvement: added support for future version of browser Chrome 79.
- Cleaning improvement: added support for future version of browser FireFox 71.
- Cleaning improvement: added support for future version of browser Comodo Dragon 78.
- The following browsers has received minor updates: Yandex, Slimjet, Palemoon, Vivaldi.
- Security improvement: new code signing certificate has been used to extend software validation till 2022.
Changes in Wipe 18.04:
- Interface translation to german language has been corrected by human. Many thanks to our volunteer who helped us!
- Updated support for cleaning Yandex browser.
- Updated support for cleaning Firefox browser.
- Updated support for cleaning Slimjet browser.
- Updated support for cleaning Palemoon browser.
- Updated support for cleaning Vivaldi browser.
- Updated support for cleaning Chrome browser.
- Updated support for cleaning Flash player.
Homepage – https://privacyroot.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1,10.