WIPE is a free, easy to use and powerful security tool. It allows you to protect your privacy by clearing browser history and cache, cleaning index.dat files, securely removing cookies.
It also safely deletes autocomplete history and temporary internet files and erases any other tracks that you leave behind after having used your pc.
WIPE removes all traces of your online and offline activities in Windows OS. Also in the most popular browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera) and in many of other, daily used software. Only the evidence of your activities, which is recorded and stored by your computer without your permission, is erased.
WIPE incoporates US DoD 5220.22-M, Gutmann (full 39 steps) and Russian GOST algorithms to completely erase your personal and private data. That makes deleted usage tracks unrecoverable.
- Complete solution to remove user tracks. WIPE clears user browsing history, cookies, index.dat files, cache, logs, temporary internet files, autocomplete search history, recent document list, recent keywords list in toolbars, cached thumbnails of viewed pictures, registry cache and many many other areas.
- Clear tracks collected by Windows. WIPE clears history records, tracks and evidences of computer usage made in Windows. Nobody will be able to find out what you did on your PC.
- Clear tracks in 100s other applications. WIPE will also clear tracks, evidences, garbage files in many other programs that you might have installed on your PC.
- Impressive list with tracks preview – after running Wipe will show you convenient list of all tracks that you have on your PC, calculates amount of files and registry records.
- Tracks preview. You can click any item in the list to see which tracks (information) stored under it to deside if you need to clear it.
- Separated by areas. Every program in the list (including Windows) have several options to clean. User can specify what to clean more carefully. Every area have its own checkbox.
- Closing running programs. The app checks for running programs and will close those that necessary for successful cleanup.
- Watching for success. WIPE will verify tracks removal and will notify you if any file or registry record wasn’t deleted correctly. This can happen if some running program locking files/registry records.
- No restore. Wipe uses anti-recovery methods, even file names will be renamed to digits so noone will be able to guess content of deleted files.
- Reminds you ro clean your PC. Wipe tray agent can remind you to clean your PC when you have finished with Internet browsing.
Changes in Wipe 17.33:
- Added support for current version of browser Comodo Dragon 72.
- Added support for future version of Adobe Flash Player 33.
- Minor update for support of Yandex browser.
- Minor update for support of Palemoon browser.
- Minor update for support of Vivaldi browser.
- Verified support and signatures of the following programs: FireFox, UCBrowser, Chrome, SeaMonkey, Maxthon, SlimJet, Torch and Iron browsers.
Homepage – https://privacyroot.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1,10.
Size: 859 KB