WIPE is a free, easy to use and powerful security tool. It allows you to protect your privacy by clearing browser history and cache, cleaning index.dat files, securely removing cookies.
It also safely deletes autocomplete history and temporary internet files and erases any other tracks that you leave behind after having used your pc.
WIPE removes all traces of your online and offline activities in Windows OS. Also in the most popular browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera) and in many of other, daily used software. Only the evidence of your activities, which is recorded and stored by your computer without your permission, is erased.
This data wiper incoporates US DoD 5220.22-M, Gutmann (full 39 steps) and Russian GOST algorithms to completely erase your personal and private data. That makes deleted usage tracks unrecoverable.
- Complete solution to remove user tracks. WIPE clears user browsing history, cookies, index.dat files, cache, logs, temporary internet files, autocomplete search history, recent document list, recent keywords list in toolbars, cached thumbnails of viewed pictures, registry cache and many many other areas.
- Clear tracks collected by Windows. WIPE clears history records, tracks and evidences of computer usage made in Windows. Nobody will be able to find out what you did on your PC.
- Clear tracks in 100s other applications. WIPE will also clear tracks, evidences, garbage files in many other programs that you might have installed on your PC.
- Impressive list with tracks preview – after running Wipe will show you convenient list of all tracks that you have on your PC, calculates amount of files and registry records.
- Tracks preview. You can click any item in the list to see which tracks (information) stored under it to deside if you need to clear it.
- Separated by areas. Every program in the list (including Windows) have several options to clean. User can specify what to clean more carefully. Every area have its own checkbox.
- Closing running programs. The app checks for running programs and will close those that necessary for successful cleanup.
- Watching for success. WIPE will verify tracks removal and will notify you if any file or registry record wasn’t deleted correctly. This can happen if some running program locking files/registry records.
- No restore. Wipe uses anti-recovery methods, even file names will be renamed to digits so noone will be able to guess content of deleted files.
- Reminds you ro clean your PC. Wipe tray agent can remind you to clean your PC when you have finished with Internet browsing.
Changes in Wipe 2021.12:
Important system update
For sure, you will notice one great change – window that offers you to upgrade to Professional version no longer have 8 seconds countdown. You don’t have to wait 8 seconds to close that window, you can close it immediately.
There are also few more changes… From time to time any software needs maintenance to keep working smoothly. The time has come for our app also – with this update we are making few small changes and fixing couple of bugs related to the interface, making sure that our app is up to date.
Changes in Wipe 2021.11:
- Added 40 new zones for cleanup, more third-party apps supported!
- Improved cleaning in Windows OS (our app will clean list of suggested apps, which is based on user activity history).
- Improved automatic translations, added Polish language.
- Fixed issue with the startup record which can result in the app crash on Windows startup.
- Fixed issue with the startup record which could be disabled.
- Disabled reminder which offers you to support our apps by posting links in the social media. This wasn’t too much popular, so we have decided not to disturb you with that.
Changes in Wipe 2021.10:
- In this update we have improved uninstaller module: it has been also signed by code signing certificate to prevent security issues. Previously, unsigned executable could rise warning message in your antivirus, but this is now resolved.
Even if you don’t have plans to uninstall our app it is better to have all program files signed with the new code signing certificate.
Changes in Wipe 2021.09:
- Added 108 new zones for cleanup.
- Added new versioning policy: from now on version number will start with two digits – year of release, and two next digits will mean build number. The dot will be removed (but will remain in technical information).
- Improved user interface of several service screens.
- Fixed issue with the blinking menu. It should and it will blink, but will not crash anymore.
- Fixed few other small bugs.
Changes in Wipe 2021.08:
- Several minor bug fixes.
- Improved user interface of some screens.
- In addition, we have changed interval for subscription reminder, it’s increased from 60 days to 90 days. In other words, it won’t disturb you too much.
Changes in Wipe 2021.07:
- Added 118 new zones for cleanup. Mostly, these new zones related to Windows Defender and Chrome browser (as well as any other Chromium based browsers). Total number of zones now 3686.
- Added Hungarian translation (partial).
- Fixed issue with the incorrect information on the License screen for owners of Professional version.
- Fixed several minor issues related to the app’s core.
Changes in Wipe 2021.06:
- Added 188 new zones for cleanup. Total number of all supported zones is 3568. If you have some app installed and it’s not in our list – please let us know! We will add it very quickly.
- Added couple of new quotes from very famous person. He is a president. Once he was on Time’s magazine cover. And, seriously, we don’t know why we didn’t add him before… Try to guess – who is he? 🙂
- Fixed critical bug “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” resulting in an app crash. Please accept our apologies!
Changes in Wipe 2021.04:
NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Added 288 new zones for cleanup, total now is 3089.
- Added 3 new functions to improve secure cleaning, you can read more here.
- Improved process of closing conflicting applications – you will see small pink popup window that will tell you which application will be closed. This will prevent “frozen” window for better user experience.
- Fixed issue when you click web links in our app and they wont work.
- Fixed issue with half opacity window on application close.
Changes in Wipe 2021.03:
NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Improved processing. Our app no longer checks for permissions for each file, because almost 99% of files belongs to you. We have decided to better track file permission errors, which occurs rarely, instead of verification of permission for each file. This should increase processing speed.
- Improved advanced screen – sections “Windows OS” and “Windows Core” now in joined to one section.
- Added few new zones for cleanup.
BUG FIXES AND REMOVED FUNCTIONS
- Fixed issue when cleaning Chromium browsers (settings of extensions will not be cleaned by default).
- Fixed issue with security permissions
Homepage – https://privacyroot.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1,10.
Size: 6.21 MB