LastPass Password Manager is a free password management program that makes web browsing easier and more secure. It is available as a plugin for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, and Safari.
LastPass has the tools to help you follow best security practices, with a unique, strong password for every account. The software also allows you to easily create a LastPass account and import your existing passwords.
Password Manager also supports password generation, site sharing and site logging. Passwords are protected by a master password and are encrypted locally and are synchronized to any other browser. Moreover, LastPasss has a form filler that automates password entering and form filling.
Furthermore, the program does more than remember your passwords. Keep track of other important information and simplify your online life.
LastPass Password Manager Features:
- Auto-pilot for all your passwords. LastPass removes obstacles, letting you get back to the things you love most.
- Log in and go. Once you save a password in LastPass, you’ll always have it when you need it; logging in is fast and easy.
- Simplify online shopping. When you’re ready to make a purchase, your profile will fill all your payment and shipping details for you.
- Generate strong passwords. The built-in password generator creates long, randomized passwords that protect against hacking.
- Store digital records. Insurance cards, memberships, Wi-Fi passwords… keep all your notes safe and easy to find.
- Share effortlessly. Some things shouldn’t be sent in a text. Conveniently and safely share passwords and notes with anyone.
- Prepare for the unknown. Let trusted friends and family access your LastPass account in the event of an emergency or crisis.
LastPass Premium Edition
This Password Manager offers a premium subscription (for only $1 per month). That includes iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone, Windows Mobile, WebOS and Symbian applications, enhanced support, multi-factor authentication and no advertisements. Protect yourself against phishing scams, online fraud, and malware.
LastPass Enterprise Edition
Offers true Single Sign On capability to your organization. It allows your users a simple and secure method to login to both websites and applications. It is browser neutral, and platform agnostic. Powerful centralized administration tools allow you to manage, control, and audit end user actions.
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes in LastPass 4.59.0 – Chrome, Edge, Safari, IE, Opera (October 26, 2020):
- Minor enhancements to in product messaging capabilities, including message display in the web vault and other improvements.
- After extension installation is complete, a new user will be automatically signed into LastPass and begin the onboarding tour as an overlay to their Vault. If the user dismisses the tour, their overlay will minimize and they will be directed to their Vault.
Changes in LastPass 4.58.0 – Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, IE (October 12, 2020):
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes in LastPass 4.57.2 – Firefox (September 28, 2020):
- Fixed an issue where the new user automatic sign-in was not working properly when using the Firefox extension.
Changes in LastPass 4.57.1 – Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera, IE (September 28, 2020):
- We’ve made enhancements to the Security Dashboard by improving the way we calculate your Security Score as well as adding tooltips to help you use the dashboard more easily. We are also offering our LastPass Premium and Families users a free month of ExpressVPN. Visit the Security Dashboard within your LastPass Vault and click the ExpressVPN icon to take advantage of this offer.
- After registering for LastPass new users will be automatically signed into their account once extension installation is complete instead of having to manually sign in.
- Note: The automatic sign-in is not available on IE, Edge and Safari
Changes in LastPass 4.56.0 – Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera, IE (September 14, 2020):
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes in LastPass 4.54.0 – Chrome, Edge, Opera, IE (August 14, 2020):
- New: New UI with improved performance for the extension login.
- New: Choose which multi-factor authentication option to login with if you have multiple enabled.
- Note: The new UI for the extension login is not available for Safari or IE.
- Fixed: Override Session Lifetime policy message is no longer misplaced in Safari.
Changes in LastPass 4.53.0 – Chrome, Edge, Opera, IE (July 31, 2020):
- LastPass has added the Security Dashboard, your command center for digital security. In one view you can see your weak and reused passwords as well as any alerts on compromised accounts that need immediate action. Stop worrying about data breaches. Our new dark web monitoring feature proactively watches all accounts related to your email addresses or usernames for breach activity and alerts you when you need to take action. This functionality will be rolling out over the next few weeks – so if you don’t see it, check back soon!
Changes in LastPass 4.52.0 – Chrome, Edge, IE, Opera (July 16, 2020):
- Fixed: Auto logout policy was not respected in some cases.
- Fixed: The button to accept permissions were cut off on German and French languages.
Changes in LastPass 4.51.0 – Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera, IE (July 2, 2020):
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes in LastPass 4.50.0/4.50.1 – Chrome, Edge, Opera, IE (June 18, 2020):
- New: Session lifetime override policy.
Changes in LastPass 4.49.0 – Chrome, Edge, Opera, Edge (June 3, 2020):
- New: Updated login UI.
- New: Users can now choose to use an alternative MFA option at login.
Changes in LastPass 4.48.0 – Chrome, Safari, IE (May 13, 2020):
- Improved: More reliable federated user account detection.
- Improved: ‘None’ folder category in your Vault is now renamed to ‘uncategorized’ for better clarity.
- Fixed: The running LastPass Mac App can interrupt the computer restart.
Changes in LastPass 4.47.0 – Chrome, Edge, Safari, Opera, IE (April 30, 2020):
- Improved: Idle time calculation.
- Fixed: Unable to disable ‘Clear clipboard after this many seconds’ in Preferences.
- Fixed: Unable to disable the ‘Remember Password’ feature via enabling ‘Log out when all browsers are closed’ in Preferences.
- Fixed: ‘Account Logoff on browser close’ policy doesn’t work correctly on Opera and IE.
Changes in LastPass 4.46.0 – Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Opera, IE (April 15, 2020):
- Fixed: Recommend or Require Linked Personal Account Policy can be circumvented by using the Browser Toolbar Dropdown.
Changes in LastPass 4.45.0 – Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Edge, IE (April 3, 2020):
- New: Chromium-based Edge – Windows Installer incorporates the new Edge extension.
- Improved: Import and Export feature works without having to install the binary component.
- Fixed: Firefox – Extension can crash after account has been created.
- Fixed: Safari – Matching sites is showing the count of a previously navigated domain.
Changes in LastPass 4.43.1 – Firefox, Edge, IE (March 11, 2020):
- New: Copy to clipboard consent added due to increased security measures released in Firefox v74
Changes in LastPass 4.43.0 – Chrome, Safari, IE, Edge, Opera (March 4, 2020):
- Fixed: Safari App Extension – Browser Toolbar Dropdown resizes after logout.
- Fixed: Mac App – Quick Search freezes.
Changes in LastPass 4.41.0 – Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE (January 28, 2020):
- Improvement: ‘Log out after inactivity’ feature works without the binary component.
Changes in LastPass 4.40.2 – Chrome, Opera (January 16, 2020):
- Fixed: Unable to install extension in Chrome and Opera when Browser Language is set to Italian.
Homepage – https://www.lastpass.com
Size: 90.8 MB