Kerio Control (Kerio WinRoute Firewall) is an award-winning UTM firewall designed to protect businesses from a comprehensive range of invasive and crippling corporate network threats.
Kerio Control’s auto-updating security layer detects and prevents emerging threats automatically while providing network administrators with flexible user policy tools. The software also provides the complete bandwidth management and QoS control, detailed network monitoring, and IPsec VPN connectivity for desktops, mobile devices and multiple sites.
Designed for corporate networks, it defends against external attacks and viruses and can restrict access to websites based on their content.
Kerio Control provides superior network protection and intelligence that is stable, secure, and above all, simple to manage. That sets new standards in versatility, security and user access control.
Kerio Control is equipped with VPN server, optional embedded Sophos Anti-Virus, integrated customizable ISS Orange Web Filter, and user-specific Internet access management. Also provides a multi-layer architecture for protecting networks, servers and users.
Kerio has added a new IDS/IPS system. It plays an instrumental role in detecting and preventing application exploits and malicious traffic. Just like built-in Sophos gateway antivirus, the IDS/IPS gets frequent automatic updates to ensure that networks are continuously shielded from emerging threats.
Intrusion Prevention System
- Signature based backet analysis
- IP blacklisting
- Rule management
ICSA Labs Certified Firewall
- Industry accepted standard test criteria
- Corporate level criteria – enforces default security policy immediately after installation
- Secure access remote administration – all changes to security policy are logged
Application Layer and Network Firewall
- Create inbound and outbound traffic policies.
- Protect servers without the need for a DMZ through application-friendly NAT traversal.
- Perform stateful packet and protocol inspection and logging.
- Filter viruses and worms from incoming and outgoing traffic.
- Simplify deployment with integrated Sophos engine.
- Dual anti-virus ready for extra protection.
- Block access to websites with harmful or inappropriate content
- 53 different categories of web content
- Apply categorization to traffic statistics
- Unlimited site to site connections
- Mac, Windows, and Linux VPN clients
- Clientless SSL-VPN for Windows networks
New in Kerio Control 9:
- MyKerio. Multiple administrators can manage appliances within an organizations
- Shared definitions in MyKerio. Allow you to create and manage IP address groups, URL groups and time ranges directly in MyKerio and share them across multiple Kerio Control appliances in a single organization.
- 2-step verification in MyKerio. The 2-step verification in MyKerio improves the security by requiring an authenticated user to provide an additional form of identification.
- Preventing denial of service attacks. The connection limits configuration that protects against denial of service (DoS) has been redesigned and now includes enhanced default settings.
- Bandwidth management works on IPv6. Supports bandwidth management on IPv6 including custom rules and bandwidth reservation.
- Zero-touch provisioning of Kerio Control Box. Deploy it using MyKerio. If Kerio Control Box is running and connected to the Internet, you can activate and configure the appliance remotely in MyKerio.
- Automatic identification of network interfaces. During installation, Kerio Control identifies Internet interfaces and local interfaces automatically.
Changes in Kerio Control 9.3.0 Build 3273 (April 9, 2019):
- High Availability – Active/Passive – Enable a secondary (Slave) identical Kerio Control to take over when the primary (Master) device is offline
- IKEv2 Support (enable via console)
- Fixed: Primary IP for WAN interface changes after reboot
- Fixed: Last few entries of DHCP reservation list not displayed correctly in Firefox
- Fixed: Address group still visible after being deleted
- Fixed: IPSEC Tunnel drops in certain circumstances
- Fixed: Configuration restore wizard IP addresses not populating
- Fixed: Teamviewer application not blocked by Content Filter
- Fixed: SafeSearch blocks Yandex
Homepage – https://www.kerio.com/products/kerio-control
Windows 64-bit versions:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
Linux 64-bit versions:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, 7, CentOS 6, 7
- Debian 7, 8
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS, 16.04 LTS
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
VMware Virtual Appliance
Kerio Connect VMware Virtual Appliance comes with a pre-installed OS. Works with:
- Workstation 10, 11, 12
- Fusion 5, 6, 7, 8
- Workstation 12 Player
- vSphere Hypervisor 5.1 and higher
- Minimal HW configuration (1-20 users): CPU 1 GHz 64-bit, 2 GB RAM, 40 GB of free space for message store and backup
- Recommended HW configuration (20-100 users): CPU 2 GHz 64-bit, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB of free space for message store and backup
- Recommended HW configuration (100+ users): CPU 2.8 GHz 64-bit Quad Core, 16 GB RAM, 64-bit OS, 200 GB+ of free space for message store and backup
- Minimal HW configuration (1-20 users): Mac Intel Core2Duo 64-bit, 2 GB RAM, 40 GB of free space for message store and backup
- Recommended HW configuration (20-100 users): Mac Intel Core i5 64-bit, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB of free space for message store and backup
- Recommended HW configuration (100+ users): Mac Intel Core i7 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, 200 GB+ of free space for message store and backup
- The same requirements as for the standard installation + the host OS overhead.
Size: 9.86 MB