KeePass is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key file. So you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database.
The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms. A password database consists of only one file that can be transferred from one computer to another easily.
KeePass supports the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES, Rijndael) and the Twofish algorithm to encrypt its password databases.
Both of these ciphers are regarded as being very secure. AES e.g. became effective as a U.S. Federal government standard and is approved by the National Security Agency (NSA) for top secret information.
KeePass uses the common CSV export format of various passwords safes like Password Keeper and Password Agent. Exports from these programs can be easily imported to your KeePass databases. The password list can be exported to various formats like TXT, HTML, XML and CSV.
KeePass is portable: it can be carried on an USB stick and runs on Windows systems without being installed.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in KeePass 2.33 Professional:
- Added commands in the group context menu (under ‘Rearrange’): ‘Expand Recursively’ and ‘Collapse Recursively’.
- Added option ‘When selecting an entry, automatically select its parent group, too’ (turned on by default).
- Added placeholders for data of the group that is currently selected in the main window:
- While importing/synchronizing, indeterminate progress is now displayed on the taskbar button (on Windows 7 and higher).
- Added optional parameters ‘Filter – Group’ and ‘Filter – Tag’ for the ‘Export active database’ trigger action.
- Pressing the Escape key in the main window now locks the workspace (independent of the current database locking state, in contrast to Ctrl+L).
- Added option ‘Extra-safe file transactions’ in ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ -> tab ‘Advanced’.
- Added customization option to specify how often the master key dialog appears when entering incorrect master keys.
- Plugins: added event ‘
FormLoadPost‘ for the main window.
- KPScript: the ‘
GetEntryString‘ command now supports the ‘
-Spr‘ option, which causes KPScript to Spr-compile the field value (i.e. placeholders are replaced, field references are resolved, environment variables are inserted, etc.).
- Improved database synchronization performance.
- Improved object reordering during a database synchronization for new and relocated groups/entries.
- Improved synchronization of deleted objects information.
- Improved database synchronization to prevent implicit object deletions.
- HTML export/printing: the notes column now is twice as wide as the other columns.
- When entering a Spr-variant password in the entry dialog, the quality estimation is now disabled.
- Group tooltips are now displayed for about 30 seconds.
- The root group is now always expanded when opening a database.
- Improved private mode browser detection.
- Improved DPI awareness declaration (on Windows 10 and higher).
- Improved regular expression searching performance in usual use cases.
- Improved natural string comparison performance (on Unix-like systems).
- Improved mnemonic characters in the ‘Rearrange’ menus.
- Upgraded installer.
- Various UI text improvements.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
Homepage – http://keepass.info
Size: 2.93 MB