KeePass is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key file. So you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database.
The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms. A password database consists of only one file that can be transferred from one computer to another easily.
KeePass supports the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES, Rijndael) and the Twofish algorithm to encrypt its password databases.
Both of these ciphers are regarded as being very secure. AES e.g. became effective as a U.S. Federal government standard and is approved by the National Security Agency (NSA) for top secret information.
KeePass uses the common CSV export format of various passwords safes like Password Keeper and Password Agent. Exports from these programs can be easily imported to your KeePass databases. The password list can be exported to various formats like TXT, HTML, XML and CSV.
KeePass is portable: it can be carried on an USB stick and runs on Windows systems without being installed.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in KeePass 2.38 Professional:
- The installers (regular and MSI) now create an empty ‘Languages’ folder in the application directory, and the portable package now also contains such a folder; language files should now be stored in this folder.
- Added button ‘Open Folder’ in the language selection dialog, which opens the ‘Languages’ folder.
- Added button ‘Open Folder’ in the plugins dialog, which opens the ‘Plugins’ folder.
- Added a runtime activation policy setting (to improve compatibility with Microsoft User Experience Virtualization).
- Added option ‘Icon’ and an option for specifying the placeholder behavior (replace or not, or both forms) in the ‘Print’ / HTML export dialog.
- Printing / HTML export: the notes of a group are now displayed below the group name.
- Enhanced the Password Exporter import module to support XML files created by version 1.3.4.
- Added workaround for Microsoft Office breaking the ‘Print’ shell verb for HTML files.
- Added workaround for Mono list view item deletion bug.
- Added workaround for Mono command line argument encoding bug.
- KPScript: the ‘
AddEntry‘ and ‘
EditEntry‘ commands now support the ‘
-setx-Icon‘ and ‘
-setx-CustomIcon‘ parameters, which set the icon of the entry.
- KPScript: the ‘
ChangeMasterKey‘ command now supports the ‘
-newpw-enc‘ parameter (for specifying the new master password in encrypted form, compatible with the
- KPScript: the ‘
ListEntries‘ command now supports all ‘
-ref-*‘ and ‘
- Password quality estimation: improved compatibility with process memory protection.
- Improved UI scaling when using KeePass on multiple systems with different DPI values.
- Printing / HTML export: improved embedding of CSS.
- Printing / HTML export: spaces in passwords are now encoded as non-breaking spaces.
- Improved UI updating in the ‘Print’ / HTML export dialog.
- Enhanced KDE system font detection.
- Improved fatal error handling.
- Various improvements in the language selection dialog.
- KPScript: improved behavior of ‘
-ref-*‘ parameters when combined with the ‘
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
- Fixed HTML generation bug: when the option ‘Use monospace font for passwords’ was turned off, a generated HTML file in ‘Details’ mode could contain invalid end tags.
Homepage – https://keepass.info
Size: 3.08 MB