Sumatra PDF is a slim, free PDF, XPS, DjVu, PDF, ePub, MOBI, CHM, CBZ and CBR reader for Windows with a minimalistic design. Simplicity has a higher priority than a lot of features.
This reader is small and starts up very fast. Options are a little thin on the ground but the application provides a very comfortable environment for reading PDFs. And you can print documents without much hassle. Furthermore, you can take this over Adobe Acrobat any day for looking at eBooks.
Also Sumatra PDF is designed for portable use. It’s just one file with no external dependencies so you can easily run it from external USB drive. And it takes up little disk space.
Portable Edition is the lightweight app, so you can view PDF files on the go. You can place it on your USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive or a CD. Also you can use it on any computer, without leaving any personal information behind.
Sumatra PDF can do for you:
- open PDF files via menu
- open PDF files via drag and drop
- set different zoom levels via menu
The application does not lock the PDF file. Without closing the PDF file a user can recompile the text document and generate a new PDF file and then press the R key to refresh the PDF document. Printing is achieved in Sumatra by transforming each PDF page into a bitmap image. This results in very large spool files and potentially slow printing on printers with little memory. Hyperlinks that are embedded in PDF documents are not active in Sumatra.
This reader is multilingual, with 20 community-contributed translations. Supports SyncTeX, a bidirectional method for synchronizing TeX source and PDF output produced by pdfTeX or XeTeX.
Changes in Sumatra PDF 3.2 (2020-03-15):
- upgraded core PDF parsing rendering to latest version of mupdf. Faster, less bugs.
- support for multiple windows
- improved management of favorites
- dropped support for Windows XP. Use 3.1.2 on XP.
Changes in Sumatra PDF 3.1.2 (2016-08-14):
- fixed issue with icons being purple in latest Windows 10 update
- tell Windows 10 that SumatraPDF can open supported file types
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
SumatraPDF reader supports the following document types:
- PDF (.pdf)
- eBook formats:
- unencrypted EPUB (.epub)
- MOBI (.mobi)
- Fiction Wise (.fb2, .fb2z, .zfb2)
- .pdb (Palm DOC format)
- comic book files: .cbz, .cbr, .cbt, .cb7z
- DjVu (.djv, .djvu)
- Microsoft Compiled HTML Html (.chm)
- XPS (.xps)
- images (.tga, .gif, .jpg, .j2k, .png, .webp, .tiff)
If Ghostscript is installed, we support PostScript (.ps, .eps) files.
Size: 14.2 MB