Adobe Photoshop software accelerates your path from imagination to imagery. Ideal for photographers, graphic designers, and web designers. The professional standard delivers new features such as automatic layer alignment and blending that enable advanced compositing.
Live filters boost the comprehensive, nondestructive editing toolset for increased flexibility. And a streamlined interface and new timesaving tools make your work flow faster.
Adobe Photoshop Extended software delivers all the features in Photoshop. Plus new features for working with 3D imagery, motion-based content, and advanced image analysis.
If you work in film, video, multimedia, 3D, architecture, manufacturing, engineering, medicine, or science, Photoshop Extended is for you.
Adobe Photoshop 2020 gives more freedom, speed, and power to make incredible images real. You’ll get dozens of new and reinvented features, including the most advanced sharpening tool available.
Use all-new Smart Sharpen to make details stand out. Turn low-res shots into big, high-res images. Get all the advanced 3D editing and image analysis tools. They were previously available only in Adobe Photoshop CC Extended.
Quickly restore sharpness to images blurred by camera motion, whether the blur was caused by a slow shutter speed or long focal length. With Camera Shake Reduction, you can make your shots steady – even if your hands aren’t.
Overall Adobe Photoshop 2020 features:
- Revolutionary new features, a fluid user experience, and improved access to the unrivaled power of Photoshop.
- A more intuitive user interface and new nondestructive editing features that put you in control, including the new Adjustments and Masks panels
- Content-Aware Scaling – advanced auto-blending that extends depth of field, and industry-leading editing and compositing with reengineered color-correction tools
- Significant productivity enhancements that provide increased flexibility and enable you to leverage the power of today’s faster graphics processors
- Breakthrough 3D editing and compositing capabilities and improved video controls to dramatically expand your creative options
- Comprehensive image analysis with enhanced measurement and counting tools, as well as support for DICOM images and MATLAB processing routines
- Creative Cloud Libraries
- Adobe Stock
- Design Space (Preview)
- Export artboards, layers, and more
- Layer Styles
- Device Preview and the Preview CC companion app
- Blur Gallery | Restore noise in blurred areas
- Glyphs panel
- Camera Raw
- 3D printing
- 3D imaging
- UI toolkit for plug-ins and scripts
Adobe Photoshop is part of Creative Cloud. That means you have access to all the latest updates and future releases the moment they’re available. Use Save to Cloud to keep your files organized across multiple computers. And with Behance integration, you can share your projects straight from Photoshop and get immediate feedback from creatives around the world.
Adobe Photoshop 2020 Highlights:
- Get started faster
- In-app search
- Tighter integration with Adobe XD
- Stock templates, 3D objects, and search
- Support for SVG color fonts
- New Creative Cloud Libraries capabilities
- Creative Cloud Assets improvements
- Introducing Typekit Marketplace
- Enhanced Properties panel
- Better overall performance
- Converting a 16-bit file to 8-bit results in corruption
- Pen Pressure doesn’t work when recording an action
- Photoshop freezes when using adjustments with rulers enabled
- Document canvas displays black areas with GPU enabled
- Error when switching tools with Content-Aware Crop active
- Unknown error when saving files with special characters in the file name or file path
- Crash when copying/pasting adjustment layers from RGB to CMYK document
- Inconsistent Default and Reset setting behavior in filters
- Photoshop doesn’t remember Crop To setting when placing multiple PDFs
- Snapping issue when moving layer groups and smart object layers
- Crash Report form says ‘invalid email address’ if the address contains special characters
- Paste in Place doesn’t work correctly when copy and pasting Frames
- Eyedropper tool switches window focus (Windows 10)
- Double-click using the Wacom pen button doesn’t work
What’s New in Adobe Photoshop 21.1.3:
- Brush panel keeps resetting to default
- Adobe Save for Web Error: Could not complete this operation. An unknown error has occurred (macOS Catalina)
- Pen pressure is lost while painting with a pressure sensitive brush on Wacom (Windows 10)
- Can’t change the brush size with Wacom Airbrush stylus wheel (Windows 10)
- Brush projection doesn’t change cursor shape
- Jitter in brush strokes with Wacom
What’s New in Adobe Photoshop 21.1.2:
- Tilt doesn’t work with Wacom tablet and certain brush tips
- Legacy Swatches get rendered incorrectly
- Transforming text doesn’t live preview changes
- Buttons on Layers panel get stuck in down state
What’s New in Adobe Photoshop 21.1.1:
- Security fixes.
- Crash using Shadow/Highlights adjustment with Histogram panel showing. (macOS)
- Right-clicking on the Paths and Channels panel doesn’t show the context menu. (Windows)
- Lighting Effects doesn’t work and renders black when Show Transform Controls is enabled.
- Zoom keyboard shortcuts no longer work to resize a floating document window.
- Moving the layer opacity slider doesn’t update the canvas until the mouse button is released. (Windows)
- Select & Mask workspace shortcuts don’t work when custom keyboard shortcuts are loaded.
- Problem playing an action that saves over an existing file. (Windows)
- Alt-click/Option-click to set transform axis point doesn’t work correctly.
- Cloning from a small document to a larger document doesn’t work correctly.
- Can’t open tiff files from ACDSee or Faststone.
- Helvetica Regular doesn’t appear in the fonts list. (macOS Catalina)
- Crash when using the Type tool.
- Selecting key frames for a duplicated layer selects keyframes for the previous layer in Timeline.
- Unable to copy/paste a vector mask path to another clipping path.
- Problem using Color Picker for Solid Color Fill from an action.
- Clicking on a mask doesn’t update it’s properties in the Properties panel. (macOS)
- Crash at launch. (macOS Catalina)
What’s New in Adobe Photoshop 21.1.0:
- Incorrect stroke appearance with Bristle Tip brush preset
- Image unexpectedly shifts when using Paste In Place
- Crash when applying Color Lookup adjustment layer
- Group Vector mask renders incorrectly
- Crash in CoolType when opening file with type layers
- Sample All Layers not remembered in Select and Mask dialog
- Smart Sharpen Radius 0.1 not working with OpenCL enabled
- The state of folders in Presets panels is not remembered between sessions
- Crop Tool moves guides unexpectedly when trying to crop to guides
- Can’t insert menu item for “Fit Layer(s) on Screen” in action
- Keyboard shortcuts to play actions that use the Shift Key don’t work with Home Screen active
- Batch removes part of name after second to the last period in a name
- Save as PNG incorrectly removes certain metadata
- Selection shortcut incorrectly zooms-in to layer bounds
- Warp Grid Options aren’t sticky
- Smart Objects in Frames get out of sync
- Smart Sharpen edit fields go blank when choosing legacy
- Tool Presets incorrectly reset on relaunch
- PSB preview broken for Mac Spotlight and Quick Look plugins
- Crop tool has no side handles in Classic Mode
- Program error when working in Timeline
- Using the keyboard shortcut to zoom doesn’t do smooth animation
- macOS menus/dialogs from Photoshop now support Dark Mode
- Listener events clogged with idMRUFileListChanged events
- Lighting Effects broken when on canvas “Transform Controls” are invoked
- Preferences > Performance > Advanced Settings… incorrectly includes an option to “Use Updated GPU Canvas” – which states that Manta needs to be turned on under technology previews
- Clone stamp source crosshair doesn’t show on white background
- Panels can’t be resized to fit new screen resolution
- SDK – PSD File Format documentation updated
- Active selection on canvas disables Auto Select Layer
- Editing a corner radius for current layer is applied to newly selected layer
- Single path points aren’t displayed properly with ‘Use GPU’ turned on
What’s New in Adobe Photoshop 21.0.3:
- (macOS) Enabled the Hardened Runtime capability to support Apple’s notarization requirements for macOS apps.
- (Windows) Fixed crash with Select Subject.
What’s New in Adobe Photoshop 21.0.2:
- Fixed lag with many slices visible
- Fixed issue that prevented using Save for Web if a background save was in progress (Note: Save for Web is still disabled if a GIF background save is in progress)
- Fixed crash with overlays
- Fixed Program Error when running Open commands run via Insert Menu Item
- Fixed compositing issue with drop shadow/layer effects
- Fixed issue with Blend If not recording correctly in actions
- Fixed redraw issue with Vanishing Point
- Fixed issue where zooming doesn’t zoom to the correct area if canvas is rotated
- Fixed crash when opening password protected protected PDF
- Fixed issue where user permissions are altered/changed unexpectedly after saving a file
- Fixed Program Error when editing adjustment layer in an action
- Fixed issue with Measure Tool protractor feature
- Fixed issue where Import from iPhone or iPad does not work correctly
- Fixed issue where tags field was unexpectedly pre-populated (macOS)
- Fixed issue where crop tool overlays don’t rotate correctly
- Fixed issue where Advanecd Blending options aren’t rendering correctly
- Fixed issue where strokes/layer effects aren’t rendering correctly
- Tightened hit area for Zoom to Layer Contents so groups aren’t also expanded
- Fixed issue where a folder named “Photoshop” is created when saving file to a network drive
- Fixed issue where temp files fill the scratch disk when working with large documents
- Fixed issue where clicking on a Smart Object with a tool no longer offered to rasterize
What’s New in Adobe Photoshop 21.0.1:
- Fixed freeze that would occur when accessing a second dialog from within a dialog on macOS
- Fixed program error while trying to apply perspective warp
- Fixed error dragging presets to document canvas
- Fixed for several customer reported crashing issues
- Fixed performance issues and freezing issue if Home or New Document dialog is left open too long
- Fixed performance issue accessing Save As dialog on Windows
Minimum system requirements for Photoshop CC
Windows Minimum requirement
- Processor: Intel or AMD processor with 64-bit support; 2 GHz or faster processor
- Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10 October 2018 update (64-bit) version 1809 or later
- RAM:2 GB or more of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- Hard disk space: 3.1 GB or more of available hard-disk space for 64-bit installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system)
- Monitor resolution: 1024 x 768 display (1280×800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512 MB or more of dedicated VRAM; 2 GB is recommended
- Graphics processor acceleration requirements: OpenGL 2.0-capable system
- Internet: Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services
macOS Minimum requirement
- Processor: Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
- Operating system: macOS version 10.12 (Sierra), macOS version 10.13 (High Sierra), or macOS version 10.14 (Mojave)
- RAM: 2 GB or more of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- Hard disk space: 4 GB or more of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system)
- Monitor resolution: 1024 x 768 display (1280×800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512 MB or more of dedicated VRAM; 2 GB is recommended*
- Graphics processor acceleration requirements: OpenGL 2.0-capable system
- Internet: Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services
Size: 1.25 GB