AVG Internet Security 2021 is a complete AVG protection for PC and online identity! This award-winning AVG antivirus software gives you unbeatable Internet AVG security by protecting against viruses, spyware, hackers, spam and malicious websites.
AVG latest Internet Security 2021 provides multiple layers of protection for everything you do online, which means you don’t have to worry about identity theft, viruses, or visiting harmful sites.
You can shop and bank online safely, enjoy your life on social networks, or surf and search with confidence of a real-time protection.
AVG Internet Security 2021 is a reliable and easy-to-use solution for home and small office users which is trusted by millions of users worldwide. Its fast scan and video streaming, smart security won’t slow your computer down.
With this Internet Security you also have access for the first time to AVG Identity Theft Recovery Unit that will help you get your life back in order if you ever become a victim of identity theft – online or offline. Only AVG Internet Security 2021 gives you real-time protection against malicious websites thanks to our AVG LinkScanner technology.
Additionally, AVG Internet Security 2021 pulls together elements of AVG’s firewall, identity protection, and anti-virus signature detection capabilities to deliver the most accurate detection of new and unknown threats. When you install AVG Internet Security 2021, every one of these features is fully-functional – there’s no need to do a thing.
AVG Internet Security 2021 Features:
- AntiVirus. Helps stop, remove, and prevent the spreading of viruses, worms or trojans.
- AntiMalware (AVG Resident Shield). Protects you from malware on your PC and helps stop anything that’s infected.
- Anti-Spyware. Keep your identity safe from the Spyware and Adware that tracks personal information.
- AVG Anti-Rootkit. Detects and removes dangerous rootkits that hide malicious software that seeks to take control of your computer.
- AVG Enhanced Firewall. Blocks hackers attempting to access the private data stored on your PC. Stops malware taking over your computer or from harming other peoples. Works on wired and wireless networks.
- AVG LinkScanner Surf-Shield. Smart prevention technology that stops you hitting infected or criminal sites. Actively checks every web page just before you click and stops you if it detects anything suspicious.
- AVG Turbo Scan. Dramatically shortens security-scanning times thanks to a smarter scanning sequence that follows the order in which files are saved to the hard drive.
- AVG Protective Cloud Technology. Identifies and prevents emerging threats “in the cloud” via automatic updates to your antivirus software.
Other Security Features:
- AVG Email Scanner. Detects infected or rogue inbound attachments so they can’t damage your PC. Works as a plug-in for email applications including Microsoft Outlook or as a scanner for POP3, SMTP and IMAP accounts.
- AVG Anti-Spam. Stops spammers and scammers getting to you. Reduces your risks of falling prey to online spam by scanning and checking all your emails for suspect content and code.
- AVG Online Shield. Checks files before you download them to ensure they are safe, and protects you as you exchange files using MSN and Yahoo! and ICQ.
- Ransomware Protection against attacks that encrypt personal photos, documents, emails, etc. for ransom. AVG Internet Security’s anti-ransomware technology shields files so PCs can’t be held hostage.
- Webcam Protection ends webcam spying for good by blocking malware and untrusted apps from hijacking webcam to spy on users. Users now have total control over what uses their camera, and can even force all apps (even the safe ones) to ask their permission before they can access PC’s webcam.
- AVG Community Protection Network. Instantly converts every new threat encountered by any member of our community into protection for everyone. It adds up to ever-better antivirus protection for the entire AVG community.
- AVG Social Networking Protection. Checks the links that get exchanged when you’re on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter etc. to help keep you and your friends safe.
- AVG Do Not Track. Lets you identify which websites are collecting data on your online activities and gives you the choice whether to allow it. Supports Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- AVG Identity Protection. Not only keeps your personal information safe when you’re busy online, but also stops criminals stealing personal data on your PC.
- AVG WiFi Guard. Helps you avoid the rogue WiFi access points used by hackers by alerting you when your PC tries to access an unknown WiFi network.
- Game Mode. Keeps scans and updates at bay whilst you play to avoid lags and freezes. Also safeguards your digital profile from hackers looking to steal and sell your game rewards.
- AVG Accelerator. Maximizes connection speeds and the download of binary data to deliver faster, smoother video streaming. Dramatically enhances the experience of YouTube videos.
- File Shredder. Deletes data securely using processes that prevent them being accessed or recovered by someone else.
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus 2021 21.4.3179:
Major public announcements
- Improved Wi-Fi Inspector — We now scan for even more types of threats, and our improved results screen allows you to better understand what we’ve found thanks to clearer explanations, better organization, and improved tips for resolving detected problems
- No more popups in streams — Good news, Windows 10 users! Our antivirus popups will no longer appear in your screen recordings and streams
- Enhanced exceptions — Exceptions for scans and shields are now easier to add, customize, and maintain
- More installation options — You now have more installation options when activating subscriptions that contain multiple apps
Other notable improvements and new functionalities:
- Family Sharing — Premium Security (Multi-device) users can now share their subscriptions with their family members. Subscriptions can be shared across Windows and Android devices (Mac and iOS to come later)
- We now recognize available (but not activated) products — We’ll no longer show offers for apps that users bought but haven’t yet installed
- We’ve added Detection IDs to Behavior Shield dialogs — Other shields have already had this, but now Behavior Shield also gets a unique ID so our Support and Thread Labs teams can better identify reported threats from screenshots that customers send us
- Added Sandbox and backend analysis parallelization to CyberCapture to minimize interruptions to our users while they interact with suspicious apps
- We’re now applying formatting (time, calendar, etc.) of Windows regional settings in our UI
Bug fixes for:
- Web content opened in the app-cart instead of browser
- Rescue Disks that booted in Windows Preinstall Environment triggered a restart [Win7]
- Sensitive Data Shield was not active after leaving Passive Mode through Settings
- The last file from the multi-selection was omitted
- Manually invoked Passive Mode did not require restart, caused some components (like CyberCapture) to misbehave
- Web Shield samples were not detected after the URL was removed from the exceptions
- …and many others
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus 2021 21.3.3174:
- Better scan performance — made a lot of small performance improvements to various security components (running on background)
- Improved Rescue Disk — added a portable web browser to our Rescue Disk so you can search the web even when Windows isn’t working
- Fewer distractions — no longer show pop-up messages when your antivirus is open
- Passive Mode fix — fixed a bug that would sometimes disable Passive Mode soon after it was turned on
Bug-fix and improvement highlights for hardcore fans:
- Because of an expiring MS certificate for signing drivers, we had to block updates and installations of users with outdated/unpatched versions of Win7 (up to KB3033929). Unless they update their OS, they will stay on 21.2 version.
- Implemented Countdown (auto-close) of Cyber Capture dialogs
- Additional Rescue Disk improvements (postponing toolkit installation until MSI installation finishes, adding retries to downloading RCD files, etc.)
- Fixed cases when both our Firewall and Windows firewall were running simultaneously
- Fixed issue where the restart dialog didn’t appear in Silent Mode
- Fixed issues where our uninstall survey was not displayed
- Fixed issue when the UI didn’t show the correct state of IDP (Behavioral Shield) features
- Some of those scan optimizations mentioned in our public release notes include: Startup, registry callbacks, behavioral events, on-exec DLLs scanning, identified opportunities to skip some scans, etc.)
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus 2021 21.2.3170:
Major public announcements
- Introducing Hack Alerts — From now on, we’ll warn you if any passwords linked to your email address were compromised in a hack or a leak. (Just sign in to Avast Account within antivirus)
- New performance report tool — If you encounter any performance issues on your PC and you suspect we’re the culprit, you can now send us a report so we can investigate the issue (Just go to Settings > Troubleshooting > Record a performance problem)
Bug-fix and improvements:
- AV DNS finally no longer conflicts with our VPN solution
- Fixed product toasters that stole window’s focus
- Arranged for the proper order of dialogs in various alert-dialog flows (for reporting false positives, when the main UI is open, etc.)
- Fixed an issue where Passwords Protection (a Premium feature) was turned off for some users
- Fixed some rare cases where user settings weren’t stored properly during product updates
- Fixed rare problems with WebShield and HTTP/2 HPACK compression
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus 2021 21.1.3164:
- More informative threat alerts — If you get an alert, click ‘See details’ to see what type of threat it is (e.g., adware, ransomware, scam, etc.) and a brief description
- Tidier threat alerts — If you ever run into multiple threats at once, you’ll no longer be bombarded with one alert after another. Instead, we’ve combined these into a single alert according to the shield that detected them
- New detection category — You can now choose to detect or ignore ‘Tools’ like coinminers, game cheats, and key generators as a separate category in your virus scans and core shields
- Alert ID — Every threat alert now includes a unique ID in the bottom-left corner. If you ever share a screenshot with our support team, this ID will help them to identify your problem
- Improved PUP detections— We’re now even better at identifying PUPs (potentially unwanted programs that often come bundled with other apps), so we’ve enabled PUP detection by default. (This will be rolled out continuously and not everyone will have it on straight away – so if you want to be in control yourself just go to Settings > Basic protection > Detections.)
- Fixed compatibility issues with the latest version (2021) of JAWS reader
- Patched Sandbox escape method (along with silent updates to previous AV versions)
- Fixed some unwanted merging of old / default avast5.ini configuration
- Fixed a rare bug that closed the UI when you changed the AV language
- Silenced some background network scans in case they weren’t required
- Arranged for a more thorough uninstall (BugReport file is no longer left over)
- Implemented Remote Access Shield conflict warnings in Passive Mode
- Fixed an issue where detection dialogs were stuck behind the main UI when opened
- …and many other fixes and improvements
Homepage – https://www.avg.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- macOS 10.10.x (Yosemite) and higher.
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and higher.
Size: 524 MB