AVG Internet Security 2021 is a complete AVG protection for PC and online identity! This award-winning AVG antivirus software gives you unbeatable Internet AVG security by protecting against viruses, spyware, hackers, spam and malicious websites.
AVG latest Internet Security 2021 provides multiple layers of protection for everything you do online, which means you don’t have to worry about identity theft, viruses, or visiting harmful sites.
You can shop and bank online safely, enjoy your life on social networks, or surf and search with confidence of a real-time protection.
AVG Internet Security 2021 is a reliable and easy-to-use solution for home and small office users which is trusted by millions of users worldwide. Its fast scan and video streaming, smart security won’t slow your computer down.
With this Internet Security you also have access for the first time to AVG Identity Theft Recovery Unit that will help you get your life back in order if you ever become a victim of identity theft – online or offline. Only AVG Internet Security 2021 gives you real-time protection against malicious websites thanks to our AVG LinkScanner technology.
Additionally, AVG Internet Security 2021 pulls together elements of AVG’s firewall, identity protection, and anti-virus signature detection capabilities to deliver the most accurate detection of new and unknown threats. When you install AVG Internet Security 2021, every one of these features is fully-functional – there’s no need to do a thing.
AVG Internet Security 2021 Features:
- AntiVirus. Helps stop, remove, and prevent the spreading of viruses, worms or trojans.
- AntiMalware (AVG Resident Shield). Protects you from malware on your PC and helps stop anything that’s infected.
- Anti-Spyware. Keep your identity safe from the Spyware and Adware that tracks personal information.
- AVG Anti-Rootkit. Detects and removes dangerous rootkits that hide malicious software that seeks to take control of your computer.
- AVG Enhanced Firewall. Blocks hackers attempting to access the private data stored on your PC. Stops malware taking over your computer or from harming other peoples. Works on wired and wireless networks.
- AVG LinkScanner Surf-Shield. Smart prevention technology that stops you hitting infected or criminal sites. Actively checks every web page just before you click and stops you if it detects anything suspicious.
- AVG Turbo Scan. Dramatically shortens security-scanning times thanks to a smarter scanning sequence that follows the order in which files are saved to the hard drive.
- AVG Protective Cloud Technology. Identifies and prevents emerging threats “in the cloud” via automatic updates to your antivirus software.
Other Security Features:
- AVG Email Scanner. Detects infected or rogue inbound attachments so they can’t damage your PC. Works as a plug-in for email applications including Microsoft Outlook or as a scanner for POP3, SMTP and IMAP accounts.
- AVG Anti-Spam. Stops spammers and scammers getting to you. Reduces your risks of falling prey to online spam by scanning and checking all your emails for suspect content and code.
- AVG Online Shield. Checks files before you download them to ensure they are safe, and protects you as you exchange files using MSN and Yahoo! and ICQ.
- Ransomware Protection against attacks that encrypt personal photos, documents, emails, etc. for ransom. AVG Internet Security’s anti-ransomware technology shields files so PCs can’t be held hostage.
- Webcam Protection ends webcam spying for good by blocking malware and untrusted apps from hijacking webcam to spy on users. Users now have total control over what uses their camera, and can even force all apps (even the safe ones) to ask their permission before they can access PC’s webcam.
- AVG Community Protection Network. Instantly converts every new threat encountered by any member of our community into protection for everyone. It adds up to ever-better antivirus protection for the entire AVG community.
- AVG Social Networking Protection. Checks the links that get exchanged when you’re on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter etc. to help keep you and your friends safe.
- AVG Do Not Track. Lets you identify which websites are collecting data on your online activities and gives you the choice whether to allow it. Supports Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- AVG Identity Protection. Not only keeps your personal information safe when you’re busy online, but also stops criminals stealing personal data on your PC.
- AVG WiFi Guard. Helps you avoid the rogue WiFi access points used by hackers by alerting you when your PC tries to access an unknown WiFi network.
- Game Mode. Keeps scans and updates at bay whilst you play to avoid lags and freezes. Also safeguards your digital profile from hackers looking to steal and sell your game rewards.
- AVG Accelerator. Maximizes connection speeds and the download of binary data to deliver faster, smoother video streaming. Dramatically enhances the experience of YouTube videos.
- File Shredder. Deletes data securely using processes that prevent them being accessed or recovered by someone else.
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus 2021 21.3.3174:
- Better scan performance — made a lot of small performance improvements to various security components (running on background)
- Improved Rescue Disk — added a portable web browser to our Rescue Disk so you can search the web even when Windows isn’t working
- Fewer distractions — no longer show pop-up messages when your antivirus is open
- Passive Mode fix — fixed a bug that would sometimes disable Passive Mode soon after it was turned on
Bug-fix and improvement highlights for hardcore fans:
- Because of an expiring MS certificate for signing drivers, we had to block updates and installations of users with outdated/unpatched versions of Win7 (up to KB3033929). Unless they update their OS, they will stay on 21.2 version.
- Implemented Countdown (auto-close) of Cyber Capture dialogs
- Additional Rescue Disk improvements (postponing toolkit installation until MSI installation finishes, adding retries to downloading RCD files, etc.)
- Fixed cases when both our Firewall and Windows firewall were running simultaneously
- Fixed issue where the restart dialog didn’t appear in Silent Mode
- Fixed issues where our uninstall survey was not displayed
- Fixed issue when the UI didn’t show the correct state of IDP (Behavioral Shield) features
- Some of those scan optimizations mentioned in our public release notes include: Startup, registry callbacks, behavioral events, on-exec DLLs scanning, identified opportunities to skip some scans, etc.)
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus 2021 21.2.3170:
Major public announcements
- Introducing Hack Alerts — From now on, we’ll warn you if any passwords linked to your email address were compromised in a hack or a leak. (Just sign in to Avast Account within antivirus)
- New performance report tool — If you encounter any performance issues on your PC and you suspect we’re the culprit, you can now send us a report so we can investigate the issue (Just go to Settings > Troubleshooting > Record a performance problem)
Bug-fix and improvements:
- AV DNS finally no longer conflicts with our VPN solution
- Fixed product toasters that stole window’s focus
- Arranged for the proper order of dialogs in various alert-dialog flows (for reporting false positives, when the main UI is open, etc.)
- Fixed an issue where Passwords Protection (a Premium feature) was turned off for some users
- Fixed some rare cases where user settings weren’t stored properly during product updates
- Fixed rare problems with WebShield and HTTP/2 HPACK compression
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus 2021 21.1.3164:
- More informative threat alerts — If you get an alert, click ‘See details’ to see what type of threat it is (e.g., adware, ransomware, scam, etc.) and a brief description
- Tidier threat alerts — If you ever run into multiple threats at once, you’ll no longer be bombarded with one alert after another. Instead, we’ve combined these into a single alert according to the shield that detected them
- New detection category — You can now choose to detect or ignore ‘Tools’ like coinminers, game cheats, and key generators as a separate category in your virus scans and core shields
- Alert ID — Every threat alert now includes a unique ID in the bottom-left corner. If you ever share a screenshot with our support team, this ID will help them to identify your problem
- Improved PUP detections— We’re now even better at identifying PUPs (potentially unwanted programs that often come bundled with other apps), so we’ve enabled PUP detection by default. (This will be rolled out continuously and not everyone will have it on straight away – so if you want to be in control yourself just go to Settings > Basic protection > Detections.)
- Fixed compatibility issues with the latest version (2021) of JAWS reader
- Patched Sandbox escape method (along with silent updates to previous AV versions)
- Fixed some unwanted merging of old / default avast5.ini configuration
- Fixed a rare bug that closed the UI when you changed the AV language
- Silenced some background network scans in case they weren’t required
- Arranged for a more thorough uninstall (BugReport file is no longer left over)
- Implemented Remote Access Shield conflict warnings in Passive Mode
- Fixed an issue where detection dialogs were stuck behind the main UI when opened
- …and many other fixes and improvements
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus 2020 20.10.3157:
- Expanded Password Protection – We now protect your passwords in the beta versions of browsers, too. (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and AVG Secure Browser – Premium Security Only)
- Rescue Disk improvements – Windows 7 users can celebrate knowing this feature works for them again, and we’ve improved its performance and made sure it properly cleans up related .DLLs for all users
- Bug stomping – Just the usual bug fixes that keep your antivirus going strong
- Restart PC dialogue no longer ignores the “Next century” reminder. (Just wait and see…)
- Fixed driver incompatibility with HVCI (AV installation now works when Windows Core Integrity memory isolation is on)
- Cleaned our code to remove obsolete pre-alpha and legacy licensing components
- UI now opens properly on scan results after an Explorer scan finishes (was not behaving properly with UI minimized)
- Fixed a crash that happened in log viewer when logs were too large
- Improved service stability by properly terminating some thread-hooks
- We now allow removing services without exe/dll file (fileless service)
- Got rid of unnecessary reboot required after specific types of detections
- …and loads of others
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus 2020 20.9.3152:
- CyberCapture results – Now in your notification center, you can see all results for suspicious files you’ve sent to our Threat Labs
- More versatile Password Protection – Along with Chrome and Opera, now support Microsoft Edge and Avast Secure Browser
- Vote for features – Vote for your favorite premium features, or submit your ideas for new ones.
- Performance improvements – Your antivirus components should now load even faster thanks to simultaneous loading of our main service and VPS
- Moved Do Not Disturb module to separate “tools” service for better performance
- Minor accessibility adjustments (e.g., added tray shortcuts, improved confirmation dialogs when disabling shields, etc.)
- Corrected some issues with Sensitive Data Shield on x86 systems
- Sensitive Data Shield also now protects manually added files without having to restart your PC
- Fixed minor bug so Behavior Shield doesn’t duplicate detections already covered by File Shield
- Fixed a rare case where Firewall would trigger an ask dialog for already stopped processes
- Fixed a rare case where switching languages could fail
- Fixed some licensing hiccups with Cleanup and VPN wallet keys when being activated by AV
- Optimized scanning of QUIC connections
- …and about 100 others
What’s new in AVG AntiVirus 2020 20.8.3144:
- Improved accessibility – The interface is now better suited for impaired users
- Safer web browsing – Web Shield now supports scanning for threats in Google’s QUIC protocol
- Friendlier CyberCapture – If you stumble upon a file we can’t identify, CyberCapture can send it to our ThreatLabs for a detailed analysis. We’ve updated this entire process to make it easier than ever
- Better Remote Access Shield – Not only do we now support Windows’ Samba protocol, we’ve also added logs to show all remote connection attempts to your computer.
- Firewall recognizes VPNs – Firewall now knows when you’re using our VPN and won’t classify this as an unknown network.
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2020 20.7.3140:
- Signing in via Google or Facebook – If you choose one of these to sign in, we’ll now redirect you to their websites instead of doing it inside of our app
- Fixed shield statuses – The on/off statuses for Password Protection and Remote Access Shield are now properly reflected in your UI. (Avast Premium Security only)
- Improved performance – Your antivirus now runs even smoother thanks to tighter integrations with the Windows registry and boot optimizations
- The incorrect yellow dashboard state after a new version was released, even though auto-updates were on
- The incorrect “expired” dashboard status after an upgrade from free to paid [AVG only]
- SmartScan stopping caused UI freezing in some cases
- Firewall Public mode was not blocking ICMP responses while scanning, but now it does
- Fixed impact of new CEF on IPM content and IDP
- Fixes in restoring settings from backup files
- Changing language needed you to restart, which was not intended
- The incorrect handling of file size in virus chest was preventing more files to be added
- Rescue disk now checks for USB drive size
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2020 20.6.3135:
- Simplified privacy settings – We’ve updated our privacy settings to make it easier to manage your privacy
- Payment notification – If for any reason your payment fails during an automatic subscription renewal, we’ll now let you know on the main dashboard
- Malfunctioned Chrome distribution upon install
- Nasty Passive mode error (frozen UI, disabled service)
- Some more rare Rescue Disk creation failures
- IDP incorrectly stating that detection can/can’t be removed
- Handle leak
- Heap corruption fix
- UI issues when Remote Access Shield or Real Site were disabled as custom install components
- Tray icon misbehavior when enabling/disabling components
- Disabling confusing Firewall toaster on Unidentified network
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2020 20.5.3130:
- Introducing Remote Access Shield – Enjoy even stronger protection against hackers. This new feature lets you choose who can remotely access your computer and lets you block the rest. (Premium Security users only)
- Ransomware Shield is now free – We’re now offering this feature to Avast Free Antivirus users to maximize their ransomware protection
- Easier USB drive protection – We’ll now ask you to scan USB drives when you plug them into your computer. (You can also turn this off in your notification settings)
- Improved taskbar icon – There’s no need to keep your antivirus open during scans. You can now see your scan progress from the Avast taskbar icon
- Better botnet protection – Web Shield is even better about stopping malware from connecting to malicious servers
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2020 20.3.3120:
- SecureDNS now fully works after upgrade from Free to Premium without restart
- Firewall now fully works after upgrade from Free to Premium without restart
- Two application crashes under specific conditions related to SecureDNS and Webshield components
- Firewall blocks Microsoft Wireless Display feature
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2020 20.2:
- New premium feature Password Protection – it protects the passwords stored in Chrome or Firefox.
- New firewall driver.
- Rescue Disc – improved UI, updatable VPS (depends on free space on disk or USB).
- Fixed issue with firewall blocking PPTP and L2TP traffic
- Fixed issue with failed installation on Windows 10 caused by windows update pending (user will be informed that he has to restart PC to successfully install AV)
- Fixed issue with inconsistent status in AVG Free (red text in case you are protected)
- Fixed UI failed to load issue
- Fixed detection and restart dialogues
- Fixed issue with missing post update screen
- Fixed issue with browser category in smart scan
- Fixed issue with Sensitive data shield
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2020 20.1:
- Browser extensions – Improve your browsing with our latest extensions (just open Menu > Browser extensions)
- Fewer popups – If you already have Avast Cleanup Premium, you’ll no longer see offers for it (sorry about that!)
- Improved statuses – The status messages you see on the main screen are now easier to understand
- Fixed Rescue Disk – You can now use Rescue Disk again to restore your PC from advanced attacks
- Other bug fixes – We’ve stomped dozens of other bugs to keep everything running smoothly
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2019 19.7:
- Fixed: When all shields are disabled (e.g. via tray) and enabled, Mailshield is not enabled (sometimes it requires restart in order to start successfully)
What’s new in AVG Internet Security 2019 19.5:
- Fixed crash during Sensitive Data Scan
- Fixed issue when Sensitive Data Scan does not finish in some cases
- Toaster “You are protected” now correctly hides after the 15 seconds
- “Move to Virus Chest” button now works also for detection from File Shield
Homepage – https://www.avg.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- macOS 10.10.x (Yosemite) and higher.
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and higher.
Size: 485 MB