Advanced Installer is a powerful and easy to use Windows Installer authoring tool, enabling developers to create reliable MSI packages That meet the latest Microsoft Windows logo certification guidelines. Extremely easy to use, powerful, fast and lightweight.
Advanced Installer simplifies the process of building Windows Installer packages by providing a very easy to use, high level interface to the underlying technology. The program implements all Windows Installer rules and follows all the advised best practices.
With this simple, intuitive interface, building a Windows Installer package will take just a few minutes. Start the program, add a few files, change the name, hit the Build button and you are done. No scripts to learn, no seminars to attend.
Advanced Installer project files are stored in XML format. This way, they can be easily checked into a version control system. The software installer also operates at command line, so you can build your release packages in a completely automated script, like Make, Ant or NAnt. Furthermore, the most common operations are also implemented as command line actions, so you can modify your project in an automated fashion.
Advanced Installer will organize your application in Features and Components as per Windows Installer guidelines. This way you can take advantage of advanced software installer features like partial install and repair without having to do anything. Further customizing the organization is easy and intuitive.
Packed as native EXEs, DLLs or script files and written in C, C++, VBS or JS, Custom Actions give you the full power to add anything you want, anywhere you want to your software installer.
Advanced Installer Top Freeware Features:
- MSI. Create valid MSI setups for your applications respecting all written and unwritten Windows Installer rules.
- UAC. Build installers that run flawlessly on Windows, supporting their security model.
- Side-by-Side. Create packages for different versions of your application.
- Imports. Import from Visual Studio, InstallShield LE, WiX, Eclipse, Inno Setup, NSIS and regular MSI/MSM packages.
- Fonts. Register fonts in the Windows OS. Specify registration names for non-TrueType fonts.
- Environment Variables. Create, append or prepend user or system environment variables.
- Autoregister. Auto registration for files that support it. You can schedule at install time.
- Files and Folders. Install and uninstall files and folders. Set attributes, create shortcuts.
- Registry. Install and uninstall registry keys and entries.
- Template projects. Create templates based on your current project and ready-to-use for your future projects.
- Add/Remove. Customize your application’s listing in the “Add/Remove Programs” page of Control Panel.
- XML projects. Easy to check into version control systems and share between multiple developers.
- Command Line. Build your release packages in completely automated scripts, like Make, Ant, NAnt, TeamCity, Jenkins or MSBuild.
- Run and Log. Launch your MSI package while pretty printing the full Windows Installer log.
- Launch Conditions. Visually specify conditions necessary (applications, frameworks, etc.) for your package to run.
- Smart Formatted Editing. Editing (MSI)Formatted fields offers reference auto-completion, syntax and error highlights and resolved value hints.
- Per-User/Per-machine. Create installers that can be install as required: per-user or per-machine if the user is Administrator.
- Include Merge Modules. Include frameworks, libraries, and other prepackaged dependencies into your installers with just a few mouse clicks.
- PrerequisiteDlg shown even when all prerequisites were already installed
- The install detection criteria fails to detect already installed prerequisites
Changes in Advanced Installer 21.2.1 (2023-11-07):
- Prerequisite actions added to project when no prerequisites present
- Log displaying ‘backup was created’ even though the option is disabled for backing up current project
Changes in Advanced Installer 21.2 (2023-11-07):
- Run .NET and .NET Framework code as a predefined custom action
- Check out the rest 29 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 21.1 (2023-10-04):
- Testing Installation Packages in Windows Sandbox
- Check out the rest 36 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 21.0 (2023-09-05):
- Brand new look of the Advanced Installer setup theme: Setting the standards for a new default UI for MSI dialogs
- MSI Embedded UI: Modernize and brand MSI installers beyond the classical design boundaries
- Custom Frame Editor: Match the installer background to a custom frame directly in your project
- Support to manage team subscription users from “My Account”
- Check out the rest 18 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 20.9 (2023-07-27):
- Prerequisites Major Revamp: Rollback, Scripts, Scheduling & UI Unification
- Shortcuts with external targets in MSIX packages
- Check out the rest 14 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 20.8 (2023-06-28):
- Advanced Installer Visual Studio Extension: support for publishing .Net AOT projects
- Check out the rest 23 enhancements and bug fixes
Homepage – https://www.advancedinstaller.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 187 MB
This is a unified package containing the complete Advanced Installer application, which includes Freeware, Professional, For Java, Enterprise and Architect features. Freeware features can be accessed at any time by creating a project of type “Simple”.
Creating any other type of projects requires non-freeware features. These are fully enabled during the trial period, after which you must purchase a license to continue using them.