Advanced Installer is a powerful and easy to use Windows Installer authoring tool, enabling developers to create reliable MSI packages That meet the latest Microsoft Windows logo certification guidelines. Extremely easy to use, powerful, fast and lightweight.
Advanced Installer simplifies the process of building Windows Installer packages by providing a very easy to use, high level interface to the underlying technology. The program implements all Windows Installer rules and follows all the advised best practices.
With this simple, intuitive interface, building a Windows Installer package will take just a few minutes. Start the program, add a few files, change the name, hit the Build button and you are done. No scripts to learn, no seminars to attend.
Advanced Installer project files are stored in XML format. This way, they can be easily checked into a version control system. The software installer also operates at command line, so you can build your release packages in a completely automated script, like Make, Ant or NAnt. Furthermore, the most common operations are also implemented as command line actions, so you can modify your project in an automated fashion.
Advanced Installer will organize your application in Features and Components as per Windows Installer guidelines. This way you can take advantage of advanced software installer features like partial install and repair without having to do anything. Further customizing the organization is easy and intuitive.
Packed as native EXEs, DLLs or script files and written in C, C++, VBS or JS, Custom Actions give you the full power to add anything you want, anywhere you want to your software installer.
Advanced Installer Top Freeware Features:
- MSI. Create valid MSI setups for your applications respecting all written and unwritten Windows Installer rules.
- UAC. Build installers that run flawlessly on Windows, supporting their security model.
- Side-by-Side. Create packages for different versions of your application.
- Imports. Import from Visual Studio, InstallShield LE, WiX, Eclipse, Inno Setup, NSIS and regular MSI/MSM packages.
- Fonts. Register fonts in the Windows OS. Specify registration names for non-TrueType fonts.
- Environment Variables. Create, append or prepend user or system environment variables.
- Autoregister. Auto registration for files that support it. You can schedule at install time.
- Files and Folders. Install and uninstall files and folders. Set attributes, create shortcuts.
- Registry. Install and uninstall registry keys and entries.
- Template projects. Create templates based on your current project and ready-to-use for your future projects.
- Add/Remove. Customize your application’s listing in the “Add/Remove Programs” page of Control Panel.
- XML projects. Easy to check into version control systems and share between multiple developers.
- Command Line. Build your release packages in completely automated scripts, like Make, Ant, NAnt, TeamCity, Jenkins or MSBuild.
- Run and Log. Launch your MSI package while pretty printing the full Windows Installer log.
- Launch Conditions. Visually specify conditions necessary (applications, frameworks, etc.) for your package to run.
- Smart Formatted Editing. Editing (MSI)Formatted fields offers reference auto-completion, syntax and error highlights and resolved value hints.
- Per-User/Per-machine. Create installers that can be install as required: per-user or per-machine if the user is Administrator.
- Include Merge Modules. Include frameworks, libraries, and other prepackaged dependencies into your installers with just a few mouse clicks.
- Advanced shortcuts (hard links, symbolic links, directory junction)
- Check out the rest 23 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 19.7.1 (August 1, 2022):
- Bug fixes: Protect against potential hijacking vulnerability for WinSxS DLL dependencies of setup executable
Changes in Advanced Installer 19.7 (July 18, 2022):
- Windows Explorer context menu entries for Windows 11
- Check out the rest 33 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 19.6 (June 23, 2022):
- Project Solution – link multiple projects in a solution
- Check out the rest 19 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 19.5 (May 23, 2022):
- Toast Notifications support for the Updater
- MSIX Sparse packages – Grant package identity to non-UWP desktop apps
- Check out the rest 28 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 19.4 (April 26, 2022):
- Configure Windows Explorer context menu entries
- Resume installation after reboot during the upgrade process
- Installer Analytics: support for custom properties logging
- Non-MSIX runtimes dependencies
- Support for declaring MSIX packages as prerequisites in an MSI/EXE setup
- Support creation of MSIX Framework packages
- Check out the rest 37 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 19.3 (March 21, 2022):
- Support for Active Setup mechanism
- New Shortcuts view page
- Over 34 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 19.2 (February 21, 2022):
- GitHub Actions Integration
- MSIX flexible virtualization
- Logon Trigger for a specific user (Scheduled Tasks)
- Over 41 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 19.1 (January 20, 2022):
- New option in Upgrades view: Generate GUIDs for all components
- New search type in the Extended Search Properties to detect installed APPX/MSIX versions
- New MSIX declarations: “User Data Accounts Provider”, “Lock Screen Component”
- Over 41 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 19.0 (December 17, 2021):
- Users & Groups Browse
- MSIX support for unsigned development packages
- Predefined launch conditions for Windows 10 version 21H2 (November 2021 Update)
- Over 33 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 18.9.1 (December 2, 2021):
- The MSIX build operation was failing in Repackager GUI
- MSI Quick Editor was crashing upon validation of certain folder IDs
- Application Folder was missing from the Files and Folders view when editing an MSI in Quick Edit
- Disabled unnecessary MSIX validations from the MSI Quick Editor
- An incorrect dialog frame size was set for high DPI machines
Homepage – https://www.advancedinstaller.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 159 MB
This is a unified package containing the complete Advanced Installer application, which includes Freeware, Professional, For Java, Enterprise and Architect features. Freeware features can be accessed at any time by creating a project of type “Simple”.
Creating any other type of projects requires non-freeware features. These are fully enabled during the trial period, after which you must purchase a license to continue using them.