Free Download Manager (FDM) is a light-weight, powerful and easy-to-use, a full-featured download accelerator and manager. Moreover, FDM is 100% safe, open-source software distributed under GPL license.
Free Download Manager allows you to download files and whole web sites from any remote server via HTTP, HTTPS and FTP. With FDM the downloading process will be as easy as never! With FDM you needn’t start the downloading from the beginning after casual interruption.
You can resume unfinished download from the place where it have been interrupted. Also this program warns you if some servers don’t support download resuming.
This Download Manager never downloads the whole file at once. FDM splits files into several sections and then downloads them at the same time allowing you to increase your download speed up to 600%. Also it can be used to organize your downloads, set the connection, launch the programs.
Free Download Manager Features:
- Flash video download. Download video from video sites, such as Youtube, Google Video, etc. You can save the video in native .flv format or convert to one of more popular video formats.
- Bittorrent support. Download files using Bittorrent protocol.
- Upload manager. Easy way to share your files. Upload your files or folders easily to share them with other users.
- Remote Control. Create new downloads or view the list of active and completed downloads remotely, via the internet.
- Portable mode. If you want to use FDM on different computers, you can easily create its portable version and avoid the need to install and configure the program on each computer.
- Enhanced audio/video files support. Preview audio/video files before download is completed and convert file format after download.
- Download acceleration. Free Download Manager splits files into several sections and downloads them simultaneously. That allows you to use any type of connection at the maximum available speed.
- Resuming broken downloads. When the downloading process is interrupted, you don’t need start from the beginning again.
- Adjusting traffic usage. There are several traffic usage modes. You can adjust traffic usage for browsing the Internet and downloading files at the same time.
- Site Explorer. Site Explorer lets you view the folders structure of a web site and easily download necessary files or folders.
- HTML Spider. Download whole web pages or even whole web sites with HTML Spider. You can adjust this tool to download files with specified extensions only.
- Simultaneous downloading from several mirrors. FDM is able to download files from several mirrors simultaneously.
- Zip files partial download. Free Download Manager lets you download only the necessary part of a zip file.
- Absolutely free and 100% safe. Free Download Manager is free, open-source software distributed under GPL license.
Changes in FDM 126.96.36.19920 (2022-11-11):
- “Uncompleted” downloads filter.
- “Enable list of predefined trackers” setting.
- Fixed: completed downloads could end up in the wrong state if auto-shutdown option was used.
- Fixed: bug adding trackers to torrent downloads.
- Fixed: finished torrent download could not resume seeding after an error occurred.
- Fixed: various UI bugs.
- Fixed: Windows: workaround: bug launching Python.
Changes in FDM 188.8.131.5288 (2022-10-28):
- UI zoom settings.
- Remote access: improved stability.
- HTTP downloads: improved speed and stability.
- Improved HLS downloads support.
- “Enable standalone create new downloads windows” option.
- Minor improvements.
- Fixed: downloads priorities mechanism was broken.
- Fixed: bug working in a multi-monitor configuration.
- Fixed: FDM was resetting downloads sort mode at startup in case user-sort mode was enabled.
- Fixed: minor bugs.
- Fixed: Windows: “Failed to create OpenGL context” error message at startup on some configurations.
- Fixed: Windows: bug working with UNC paths.
- Fixed: Linux: clicking on the other apps’ notifications could bring FDM to foreground.
- For developers: add-ons: console.log output goes to the log file now.
Changes in FDM 184.108.40.20692 (2022-08-18):
- Remote access (beta version). For example, access FDM running on your desktop PC from FDM running on your smartphone.
- BitTorrent: setting for changing port for incoming connections.
- File integrity check: SHA-512 support added.
- Improved startup time in some cases.
- Possibility to rename already downloaded files.
- Possibility to sort downloads using Status column.
- Show/hide some columns in the downloads list.
- Minor interface improvements.
- Fixed: bug in the shutting down process, which probably could lead to damage of service data.
- Fixed: FDM was not able to move files on some drives.
- Fixed: minor bugs.
- Fixed: Windows: [experimental] Software mode is enabled by default instead of OpenGL to hopefully avoid various issues.
- Fixed: macOS: bug detecting system theme.
Homepage – https://www.freedownloadmanager.org
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
- macOS 10.12 or later
- Android 5.0 or later
Supported languages: Macedonian, Serbian, Albanian, Croatian, Korean, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese Traditional, Chinese, Czech, German, Dutch. French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese-Brazil, Romanian. Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Uzbek, Greek, Vietnamese, Slovenian.
Size: 29.2 MB