Shadow Defender is an easy-to-use desktop security and privacy protection tool for Windows systems. It prevents the unwanted or malicious changes from being made to a PC.
With Shadow Defender you can run system in a virtual environment, called Shadow Mode and all the attacks will happed in the virtual environment, not the real environment. If attacks happened, all you need to do is to reboot your system.
After reboot, the system will be restored to the original state, as if nothing happened. And meanwhile you can save the selected files and folders to the real environment.
Shadow Defender’s protection concept is very easy to grasp. For the software to do its job properly you have to place the disks installed on your computer into Shadow Mode. By doing this, the application will take a snapshot of the disk and run every file in virtual mode.
You will have the same access to the files on the disk but any write action will be virtual. This means that no matter how many worms and spywares you infect your computer with, they will not affect the real system at all because of the virtualization. Once you snap out of this “parallel dimension” every change to the system and the files on the disk will be discarded.
Shadow Defender Features:
- Prevent all viruses and malwares.
- Surf the internet safely and eliminate unwanted traces.
- Protect your privacy.
- Eliminate system downtime and maintenance costs.
- Reboot to restore your system back to its original state.
The conclusion in this sense is that the computer will not be affected by any change and no malicious files will be written to the PC. The greatest thing is that you can choose what can actually get stuck on the disk while in Shadow Mode. More than this, you can decide in advance what files and folders should not benefit from Shadow Mode protection.
Shadow Defender Users
- Maintain a system free from malicious activities and unwanted changes.
- Test software and game installations in a safe environment.
- Protect against unwanted changes by shared users (suitable for workplaces and educational institutions).
Changes in Shadow Defender 184.108.40.2066 – August 5, 2020:
- Fixed: Fix a bug related to Exclusion List on Windows 10.
Changes in Shadow Defender 220.127.116.110 – May 08, 2018:
- Fixed: An error message ‘You Need to Format the Disk before You Can Use It’ when enter/exit Shadow Mode.
- New: Some GUI changes.
Homepage – https://www.shadowdefender.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 3.29 MB