McAfee GetSusp is meant for users who suspect undetected malware on their computer. This tool eliminates the need for deep technical knowledge of computer systems to isolate undetected malware.
McAfee GetSusp is a tool that identifies suspicious files on a given system. While competitive tools provide information about system state and are dependent on user’s technical skills, McAfee GetSusp is the first tool to be able to collect suspect samples with reasonable accuracy.
GetSusp uses a combination of clever heuristics and queries McAfee Global Threat Intelligence to gather suspicious files on the affected system.
For consumers and enterprise users infected with undetected malware – a user only needs to download GetSusp and run it on their system.
With click of a single button, McAfee GetSusp tool scans the system in less than 3 minutes. It gathers suspect files, password protects files into a zip archive, and automatically submits files to McAfee Labs for analysis.
McAfee GetSusp Features:
- Available as a single executable file (32bit and 64bit) with no installation required
- Option to run in different modes – GUI, command line and in ePO
- Allows submission of samples (in GUI mode) or only a MD5 list of the files (in CLI mode) to McAfee Labs
- Checks each file against McAfee Global Threat Intelligence to determine if the sample is clean or suspicious
- Records system and installed McAfee product information like date of execution, environment variables, and details of suspected files
How to use McAfee GetSusp:
- Download the latest version. When prompted, choose to save the executable file to a convenient location on your hard disk. Recommended to create a folder specifically for GetSusp.
- Once downloaded, launch the GetSusp.exe file.
- If necessary, click the preferences to specify your email address to receive an acknowledgement from McAfee Labs for sample submissions. By default, suspicious files are submitted to McAfee Labs in online mode.
- Click the Scan Now button to begin scanning the system. A EULA is prompted for user acceptance every time a scan is initiated. You must accept the license agreement in order to proceed.
- A typical McAfee GetSusp system scan takes around three to five minutes. At the end of the scan, you will see a summary and the scan report.
- Visit the McAfee malware community site or contact McAfee technical support for help in troubleshooting your machine or removing malware.
Homepage – https://www.mcafee.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022
Size: 3.26 MB