HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard (Sophos Product) is an advanced, real-time protection and malware removal software. It has all the features found in HitmanPro, including a powerful, professional-grade virus cleaner.
The most traditional virus cleaners simply remove offending malware files. HitmanPro’s deep scan and clean goes the extra mile by eradicating all traces and remnants of the malware that previous security software may have left on your computer. It will be like your computer was never infected in the first place.
Furthermore, HitmanPro.Alert stops brand-new, never before seen threats by proactively seeking out and analyzing suspicious behaviors and activities.
It goes beyond old-school antivirus to deliver advanced, real-time protection against the latest hacking, ransomware, program exploits, webcam spying, and online banking risks.
- Advanced Malware Removal. Finds and removes all traces of known and new malware
- PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) Removal. Targets apps that are actually spyware, adware, and more
- Advanced Real-Time Protection. Protects against new and developing malware, PUAs, and program exploits to prevent infection from the latest threats
- Advanced Ransomware Protection. Stops all types of ransomware from encrypting your files and boot drive
- Advanced Web Protection. Blocks phishing attacks and compromised websites for safe browsing and shopping
- Online Banking Protection. Certified by MRG Effitas to secure banking on web browsers
- Advanced Exploit Prevention. Prevents vulnerable programs from hacking to gain access to your system.
- Privacy Protection. Blocks access to your webcam and microphone, and any attempts to monitor your keystrokes
HitmanPro.Alert watches for ransomware-style behavior. Not just known ransomware, allowing it to catch brand new variants that other security software can’t recognize. If a file gets encrypted, HitmanPro.Alert makes a backup file. HitmanPro.Alert recognizes this behavior as potential ransomware and stops the process. It then rolls back the encryption by replacing the encrypted files with the saved backups. Then removes the ransomware itself. HitmanPro.Alert also blocks unwanted encryption of the boot drive, another tactic used by hackers to get money. The program does all this automatically without the need for user interaction.
HitmanPro.Alert adds an additional layer of security around vulnerable programs, watching for behavior that is malicious in nature. The found infections it promptly removes. HitmanPro.Alert then replaces infected Windows resources with safe, original versions. This prevents these programs from being exploited and used against the user.
Keeps Your Privacy
HitmanPro.Alert blocks unauthorized access to your webcam, keeping your private life private. It beefs up browser security and warns you if the browser has been compromised in anyway. It also encrypts your keystrokes, rendering keyloggers useless and keeping what you type safe. These advanced privacy features led MRG Effitas to award HitmanPro.Alert their Secure Online Banking certification.
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.21 Build 945 (2022-06-20):
- Improved Syscall
- Improved WipeGuard
- Improved CryptoGuard5
- Improved HollowProcess
- Improved ROP detection on crashing processes
- Improved HeapHeapHooray also covers powershell_ise now
- Changed Lockdown Added MSDT.EXE as LOLBIN to proactively block Follina exploitation attempts
- Several other changes under the hood
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.19 Build 923 (2021-11-30):
- Improved Game detection.
- Improved LockdownLoadImage whitelisting.
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.18 Build 921 (2021-11-17):
- Added cmdl32.exe as LOLBin so Application Lockdown will block it when used by protected applications.
- Improved CookieGuard that prevents arbitrary decryption of web browser secrets (protects session cookies and login data).
- Improved Thumbprint generation for DLLs dropped by protected applications (LockdownLoadImage).
- Improved detection of games to boost compatibility.
- Fixed a minor bug in the Syscall mitigation; this mitigation stop bypasses via unsupervised system calls.
- Several other minor fixes.
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.17 Build 915 (2021-11-12):
- Added LockdownLoadImage mitigation to applications under the Office protection category; mitigates e.g. CVE-2021-40444.
- Added Extended information in alert when CookieGuard detects cookie grab by untrusted code in a web browser, e.g., hashes of remote owner process and owner module.
- Fixed Compatibility of Enforce DEP with Norton Security.
- Fixed Small memory leak that occurred when switching CryptoGuard modes.
- Fixed Compatibility with Windows CET (Shadow Stack).
- Fixed Benefits Info button now lands on the correct page.
- Improved HollowProcess (Main Thread Hijack; MTH) mitigation to detect Cobalt Strike Beacon installing over SMB.
- Improved CookieGuard, fixed some small issues.
- Improved Compatibility with Visual Studio triggering alerts.
- Changed Re-enabled global Syscall mitigation. You can find in in the Advanced interface, under Risk reductions > Process Protection > Unexpected system calls (Stop evasion of security hooks).
Homepage – https://www.hitmanpro.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
Size: 5.13 MB