HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard (Sophos Product) is an advanced, real-time protection and malware removal software. It has all the features found in HitmanPro, including a powerful, professional-grade virus cleaner.
The most traditional virus cleaners simply remove offending malware files. HitmanPro’s deep scan and clean goes the extra mile by eradicating all traces and remnants of the malware that previous security software may have left on your computer. It will be like your computer was never infected in the first place.
Furthermore, HitmanPro.Alert stops brand-new, never before seen threats by proactively seeking out and analyzing suspicious behaviors and activities.
It goes beyond old-school antivirus to deliver advanced, real-time protection against the latest hacking, ransomware, program exploits, webcam spying, and online banking risks.
- Advanced Malware Removal. Finds and removes all traces of known and new malware
- PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) Removal. Targets apps that are actually spyware, adware, and more
- Advanced Real-Time Protection. Protects against new and developing malware, PUAs, and program exploits to prevent infection from the latest threats
- Advanced Ransomware Protection. Stops all types of ransomware from encrypting your files and boot drive
- Advanced Web Protection. Blocks phishing attacks and compromised websites for safe browsing and shopping
- Online Banking Protection. Certified by MRG Effitas to secure banking on web browsers
- Advanced Exploit Prevention. Prevents vulnerable programs from hacking to gain access to your system.
- Privacy Protection. Blocks access to your webcam and microphone, and any attempts to monitor your keystrokes
HitmanPro.Alert watches for ransomware-style behavior. Not just known ransomware, allowing it to catch brand new variants that other security software can’t recognize. If a file gets encrypted, HitmanPro.Alert makes a backup file. HitmanPro.Alert recognizes this behavior as potential ransomware and stops the process. It then rolls back the encryption by replacing the encrypted files with the saved backups. Then removes the ransomware itself. HitmanPro.Alert also blocks unwanted encryption of the boot drive, another tactic used by hackers to get money. The program does all this automatically without the need for user interaction.
HitmanPro.Alert adds an additional layer of security around vulnerable programs, watching for behavior that is malicious in nature. The found infections it promptly removes. HitmanPro.Alert then replaces infected Windows resources with safe, original versions. This prevents these programs from being exploited and used against the user.
Keeps Your Privacy
HitmanPro.Alert blocks unauthorized access to your webcam, keeping your private life private. It beefs up browser security and warns you if the browser has been compromised in anyway. It also encrypts your keystrokes, rendering keyloggers useless and keeping what you type safe. These advanced privacy features led MRG Effitas to award HitmanPro.Alert their Secure Online Banking certification.
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.21 Build 943 (2022-05-17):
- Fixed Keystroke Encryption and BadUSB Protection which caused a BSOD (APC_INDEX_MISMATCH) on Windows 11 with update KB5013943.
- Added system-wide protection against ‘Hell’s Gate’ defense evasion via direct system calls, or SysCall, on 64-bit applications
- Added protection against cloning of LSASS process to Credential Theft Protection
- Added support for ReFS file system to CryptoGuard
- Added NOTEPAD.EXE to Office template
- Added GPT partition support to WipeGuard
- Added NVMe support to WipeGuard
- Added MITRE ATT&CK references to the CookieGuard, SysCall and RemoteThreadGuard mitigations
- Added alerting to our protection of sticky key abuse (and other accessibility features)
- Added EA Digital Illusions CE AB to game detection
- Improved protection against direct system calls, or SysCall, on 32-bit applications
- Improved handling of certificates on code-signed applications
- Improved CookieGuard alert with information about the application certificate, if any, in the alert
- Improved CookieGuard so it now adds certificate validation information into the alert details
- Improved WipeGuard to protection the Volume Boot Record of all mounted partitions. Previously, only the boot partition was protected.
- Improved WipeGuard to terminate the offending process. Previously, the offending action was only blocked.
- Improved HollowProcess to protect against PEB manipulation in a remote process where PEB is writable
- Improved Lockdown mitigation to isolate modules (DLLs) dropped in attacks via Office documents.
- Improved the per app mitigation settings in the user interface. It now has room for extra checkboxes.
- Change reboot fly-out reminder interval from 1h to 8h
- Changed Dynamic Heap Spray detection; it is now disabled on 64-bit applications
- Changed text for Benefits button to Help center
- Changed Sophos Privacy Notice and Terms of Service
- Fixed issue that prevented restarting of some protected applications when using the ‘restart’ function from the ApplicationPanel (Running applications) when changing a setting.
- Fixed a compatibility issue between our anti-ransomware CryptoGuard 5 and Artisan scrapping book software from Forever Storage
- Fixed displaying icons of UWP applications
- Fixed several user interface inconsistencies
- Fixed false alarm by APCViolation on Avast ‘aswhook’ DLL
- Fixed false alarm by CookieGuard if application starts from a RAM-drive
- Fixed false alarm by HollowProcess on Visual Studio
- Fixed issue with Lockdown inheritance when parent process is OpenWith.exe
- Fixed issue when a user tries to install HitmanPro.Alert on machine where Sophos Home Premium is already installed
- Fixed tray icon burning CPU cycles after install
- Fixed unexpected removal of Forza Horizon 5 under UWP exclusions
- Updated third-party libraries
- Several other changes under the hood
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.19 Build 923 (2021-11-30):
- Improved Game detection.
- Improved LockdownLoadImage whitelisting.
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.18 Build 921 (2021-11-17):
- Added cmdl32.exe as LOLBin so Application Lockdown will block it when used by protected applications.
- Improved CookieGuard that prevents arbitrary decryption of web browser secrets (protects session cookies and login data).
- Improved Thumbprint generation for DLLs dropped by protected applications (LockdownLoadImage).
- Improved detection of games to boost compatibility.
- Fixed a minor bug in the Syscall mitigation; this mitigation stop bypasses via unsupervised system calls.
- Several other minor fixes.
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.17 Build 915 (2021-11-12):
- Added LockdownLoadImage mitigation to applications under the Office protection category; mitigates e.g. CVE-2021-40444.
- Added Extended information in alert when CookieGuard detects cookie grab by untrusted code in a web browser, e.g., hashes of remote owner process and owner module.
- Fixed Compatibility of Enforce DEP with Norton Security.
- Fixed Small memory leak that occurred when switching CryptoGuard modes.
- Fixed Compatibility with Windows CET (Shadow Stack).
- Fixed Benefits Info button now lands on the correct page.
- Improved HollowProcess (Main Thread Hijack; MTH) mitigation to detect Cobalt Strike Beacon installing over SMB.
- Improved CookieGuard, fixed some small issues.
- Improved Compatibility with Visual Studio triggering alerts.
- Changed Re-enabled global Syscall mitigation. You can find in in the Advanced interface, under Risk reductions > Process Protection > Unexpected system calls (Stop evasion of security hooks).
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.14 Build 907 (2021-07-09):
- Fixed a crash that could occur in Microsoft Office 365.
- Temporarily removed the system-level Syscall mitigation due to compatibility issues with some third-party security software. This new mitigation will return in an upcoming release.
Homepage – https://www.hitmanpro.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
Size: 5.58 MB