F-Secure Anti-Virus is must-have advanced malware protection for your PC and Mac. You need advanced detection and protection technology to protect PC against modern and complex threats.
F-Secure Anti-Virus for PC and Mac provides protection against viruses, spyware, infected e-mail attachments and other malware. Automatic updates and real-time response guarantee the fastest protection against all new threats.
F-Secure Anti-Virus will detect and remove secretly installed applications from your PC better than ever before, thus ensuring that your system will be running smoothly and without malware.
F-Secure Anti-Virus for PC and Mac is easy to install and it does not slow down your computer. Make sure you protect with the best.
Benefits of F-Secure Anti-Virus for PC and Mac:
- Protect your PC or Mac against viruses, spyware and other malware
- Make sure you have advanced malware removal technology
- Stop harmful attacks on your computer
- Protect your computer with a proactive security solution
- Keep your security always up-to-date with automatic updates
- Use your computer safely without slowing it down
- Anti-Virus. Open eMail attachments and use your computer without any fear of virus infections, spyware intrusion or malicious programs
- Anti-Spyware. Protect your privacy by preventing spyware and hackers from entering your computer
- Ransomware Protection. Monitors protected folders and blocks suspicioos activity by applications like ransomware.
- Firewall. Allows only safe Internet connections from your computer and blocks intrusions from the Internet.
- DeepGuard. New proactive DeepGuard technology protects you against any unknown threats
- Performance. The anti-virus software working from behind the scene
- Enhanced detection performance and reduced system overhead
- Automates all key tasks required to keep your computer and data safe from viruses
- Keeps you safe against the unknown targeted attacks, or so called zero-day-attacks, and rootkits
- Web Traffic Scanning guards you against websites that can infect your computer even if you do not download anything from the website
- Multiple scanning engines identify different type of malware bringing you the very best in malware detection and disinfection
- F-Secure DeepGuard 5 provides network based recognition of suspicious software while improving the accuracy and speed of response to new outbreaks of malicious code
What’s New in F-Secure Anti-Virus 18.3:
Account information and device name visible in the main user interface
- The account name, email address and device name are visible in the main user interface. This makes it easier to recognize the account and device being used.
- The information is automatically updated once it’s changed in the My F-Secure portal.
Manual virus scan dialog improvements
The manual virus scan dialog has been enhanced in the following ways:
- You can now resize the virus scan dialog.
- The Items found view shows a short summary of the findings.
- Items are sorted by infection type: “Harmful files”, “Unwanted applications”, and “Potentially unwanted applications”.
- The default action can be overridden for all items of the same infection type with one click instead of one by one.
- Family Rules / Parental Control supports a new content filter category: “Streaming media”.
- The Viruses & Threats and Secure Browsing & Banking views show more detailed scanning and detection statistics.
- You can manually reset the reputation cache through the product Settings > Support view. You can clear the reputation cache once a false file or website reputation information has been fixed in the Security Cloud. This ensures that you have the latest file and reputation information in use.
- The WebView2 console debugger is a useful new feature when our support needs to find more information about issues with embedded web views. You can find the WebView2 console debugger option in the product Settings > Support view. To be able to see this option, you need to enable the debug logging first.
- Software rendering option in the system tray menu. This option can be used if there are rendering issues with the user interface. To see this option in the product’s system tray menu, press and hold the shift key while you right-click the product’s system tray icon.
What’s New in F-Secure Anti-Virus 18.2:
- Easier access to My F-Secure
- This version of SAFE brings added functionality to the People & Devices view, allowing you to manage your licenses, devices, and people in your group directly through the People & Devices view instead of logging into My F-Secure with the browser.
- ID Monitoring in the main view
- You can now access the ID Monitoring page directly from the product’s main view if you have an ID PROTECTION subscription. You no longer need to log into My F-Secure with the browser.
- Tamper protection functionality added
- Tamper protection is a new addition that prevents you or any software, such as harmful applications, from disabling protection processes and changing the product’s content in the installation folder or the registry settings.
- Other improvements
- The product’s main user interface now supports high contrast mode.
- Banking protection’s remote access blocking capability has been improved.
What’s New in F-Secure Anti-Virus 18.1:
Remote access protection
- When a banking session starts, Banking protection detects and blocks remote access to your computer and displays a warning. This prevents phone scammers from leveraging remote access software to perform online thefts.
- The feature is limited to Anydesk and TeamViewer, but more applications are to be added later this year.
Automatic gaming mode
- When a game starts, the product goes into gaming mode automatically. This pauses the software and database updates, as well as scheduled scanning.
- The feature is available in Windows 10 RS5 or newer versions.
All user interfaces now with .NET technology
- All user interfaces have been converted to .NET technology.
- The change has been implemented, as the old user interface needed to be loaded into memory after restart, affecting the computer performance. It was also always running in the background, consuming memory and a little bit of CPU. The new .NET-based user interface now loads into the memory only when needed, resulting in less resource usage while the product still protects you in the background.
Short-cut to install and start ID PROTECTION
- ID PROTECTION appears in the main user interface if you have a license for it.
- You can install the product from the shortcut also after installation, and you can also start the product from here.
- Windows 11 support
- Dark mode support
- Serbian language support
- Notifications to install the Browser extension appear at the same time for multiple browsers. If using multiple browsers, this allows you to set up the Browsing extension separately for a given browser.
- Hot keys, for example, Alt+Tab, Alt+Space cannot be used to switch away from the Time limit lock screen. In addition, countdown before locking the computer has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Login during installation happens as part of main UI with Microsoft Edge WebView2 (Chromium engine). This requires Microsoft Edge WebView2 runtime to be installed. If it’s not, the installer installs it for you.
Other improvements released earlier as channel updates
- Banking protection session ends automatically when you close the bank tab or open another web page. This is especially handy when using bank credentials to authorize access to another website.
- BypassIO support: Windows 11 has an optimized I/O path for reading from files. This helps to meet the I/O demands of loading and running next-generation games on Windows.
- Selecting Gaming mode from the tray icon has been removed. This is now fully automatic and cannot be manually enabled any more.
- The product update message has been simplified and now links directly to the release notes.
What’s New in F-Secure Anti-Virus 18.0:
A completely redesigned main user interface with smart tasks
- The main user interface has been reworked with .NET technology, and only consumes resources when open.
- Important events open the main user interface automatically, offering an easy way to solve them. You can dismiss tasks that you don’t consider important.
- Events are shown in the main user interface, and subviews only show events and statistics that relate to a specific subview.
- High resolutions, resizing, and accessibility features are now fully supported.
Allowed and blocked websites and time limits get a facelift
- The user interface for allowed and blocked websites, and time limits has been reworked with .NET technology.
- The URL address is validated when adding a new website entry.
- You can select multiple website entries and remove them at the same time.
- Keyboard shortcuts (Delete and Ctrl+C) are supported.
- When the time limit has been reached, the child is locked out of the session after 60 seconds.
Easy sample submission directly from Quarantine
- Quarantined items can be reported to the Security Cloud directly from the app and file control user interface.
Other user interface improvements and product enhancements
- The user interface for Banking Protection minimizes automatically, so that it does not prevent accessing browser tabs.
- The in-app Help has been changed to an HTML-based and .NET technology.
- All system infection components removed by real-time scanning are listed in the event history user interface.
- Quarantined items are not allowed if they are pending a computer restart.
- The next scheduled scan is shown once the feature has been configured.
- Allowing a website from the browser’s block page opens a confirmation dialog.
- The Microsoft Edge browsing protection extension is installed from the Microsoft Store. The extension can also be installed manually from the settings user interface.
- Turning off all protection requires you to select when the protection is to be turned back on.
- Product upgrades wait until virus scans or protected banking sessions end.
- Family rules is no longer available for adult users.
- The Action Center (“Messages”) has been merged with the main user interface. There is no longer the option to view messages in the tray icon.
- Internet Explorer no longer triggers missing or disabled browser extension warnings. The browser extension is still installed and can be enabled.
Homepage – https://www.f-secure.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
Available languages: čeština, dansk, Deutsch, eesti, English, español, español latinoaméricano, français, français canadien, magyar, italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, polski, português, português brasileiro, română, slovenščina, suomi, svenska, tiếng Việt, Türkçe, ελληνικά, български, русский, 简体中文, 繁體中文 (臺灣), 日本語, 繁體中文 (香港).
Size: 1.64 MB