The Bat! 9 is a popular email client that allows to work with unlimited number of the mailboxes. Furthermore, it has powerful sorting filters, fully customizable message templates, Mail Dispatcher and many more other features.
The main task of the program is to secure protection of the correspondence from data theft and monitoring by third parties.
The Bat! 9 is able to handle an unlimited number of e-mail accounts and to process and store an unlimited number of messages.
The program offers a system of automatic message filtering, easy system of templates, message editor with the spell checker. And many other useful features.
The Bat! 9 protects your information using different methods. It includes the encryption of the message base on the hard drive and e-mail traffic encryption.
This email client protects your data through multiple encryption streams. It also ensures your correspondence stays private.
Finally, it protects confidential data by working without Web interfaces and without using global email providers that keep your messages in the cloud. The Bat! is perfect for work or at home. It has no restriction on the number of email accounts or messages you can have, high security and built-in features like automatic filters, templates, a spell-checker and more,
The Bat Features:
- Strong Encryption
- Backup and restore
- PGP, GnuPG and S/MIME support
- The own Address Book
- Message Parking
- Internal HTML Viewer
- Image Download Manager for background retrieval of HTML images
- Selective download
- Antivirus interface
- Safe handling of attached files
- ASLR and DEP
- 64-bit version
- Electronic discovery protection
- Easily import .mbox and other file formats from a variety of third party email clients.
- Sort email messages based on addressee or issue with Sorting Office.
- Quick and powerful search features allow for easy retrieval of archived messages.
- Smart Sorting Office
- Handy Message Templates
- Quick Templates
- Address Book features
- Address History
- Mail Synchronization
- Microsoft Exchange Connectivity
- Extended Support of National Codepages
- Convenient Message Dispatcher
- Multilanguage Interface
- Image Viewing
- Import Wizard
- IDN support
- RSS feed subscriptions
- TLS AEAD AES-GCM cipher suites: TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
- Added icons for the commands (menu items, toolbar buttons) that did not have icons
- Added SHA-384 cipher suites for TLS: TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 & TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384
- “/CRC32_CCITT_BENCHMARK” and “/CRC32_CASTAGNOLI_BENCHMARK” command-line parameters to calculate performance of CRC32 implementation used by The Bat!
- Enabled the following ciphers suite for TLS: TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256 cipher suite (it was disabled because it had largest AES key size, but DHE which is slower than ECDHE)
- ECDHE TLS ciphers didn’t work on TLS version 1.0 (but did work on TLS version 1.1 and later)
- Added Shortcuts Customization (it was missing since version 9.0)
- MailTicker font style was incorrectly saved
- Added correct categories in menu customization
- Fixed Favorites Menu (there was an issue since version 9.0)
- A memory leak is fixed (the TGoogleAuthTask object was not released)
- Fixed AV in customizing menus (64bit-only)
- (#0000329) Link to folder missing from the “Information” tab
- (#0001736) Message Dispatcher is not terminated
- (#0001811) The Sorting Office option “Do not preserve header of the original messages” is always applied regardless of the settings
- (#0001873) Can’t change font styles of selected text
- (#0001874) Editor: Menu-Item “Format” contains an unnecessary item divider (it was an issue since version 9.0)
- (#0001896) “Esc” does not close the “Address Book”, “View Message Source”, “Print Preview” and “Enter Registration Key” windows
- (#0001917) “Cannot remove shell notification icon” error popup during shutdown
- (#0001923) After language change, a button was missing (it was an issue since version 9.0)
- (#0001930) Clicking an URL in HTML message opens two browsers
- (#0001936) Access Violation on “OK” in the Print Setup Dialog
- (#0001937) The items in the main menu “Workspace -> Show Connection Centre” are not mutually exclusive (it was an issue since version 9.0)
- (#0001941) Access Violation errors in print setup dialog and cancelling password dialog
- (#0001953) Message tags are not displayed in the column “Tags”
- (#0001957) Alternative Deletion shortcut (Shift+Delete key combination) did not work in v9.1
- Fixed secondary shortcuts. For example, if a single command had two shortcuts (primary and secondary), only primary worked. This affected the following shortcuts: Move to Next Unread (Ctrl+Right,Ctrl+Alt+Right) & Move Previos Unread (Ctrl+Left,Ctrl+Alt+Left)
- Fixed “invalid class typecast” error when using RC4 (stream) cipher in TLS (introduced in v9.1)
- (#0001811) If the option “Do not preserve header of the original messages” is turned off for the “Create formatted message” action in the Sorting Office, then the RFC-822 headers of original message are added as an attachment (with Content-type “text/rfc822-headers”, as described in RFC-1892) to the newly created message
Changes in The Bat! 9.0.16 (2019-12-24):
- Fixes: MailTicker font style was incorrectly saved
Changes in The Bat! 9.0.14 (2019-12-19):
- The Bat! v9.0.14 is in compliance with the Google’s recently updated security standards related to the OAuth 2.0 protocol for authentication with Gmail
Changes in The Bat! 9.0.8 (2019-11-27):
- New interface controls in the main window of the program and in the editor window. DevExpress controls are used instead of TB2K/TBX/SpTBX
- New way of handling the user interface layout configuration. Also, there is a new file – “userdef.xml”, instead of “tbuser.def” previously used
- Possibility of recording and logging of the time it takes to open the following configuration dialogs: “Account Properties”, “Folder Properties”, “Sorting Office/Filters”, and the following windows: message editor, the folder view. The time is measured if the following command-line parameters are used to run The Bat!: “/BENCHMARK_STARTUP_TIME” and/or “/STARTUP_TIMING_LOG”. With the “/STARTUP_TIMING_LOG” option only, the results will only be saved to the ex_log.file, while with “/BENCHMARK_STARTUP_TIME” they will be displayed on the screen as a message dialog
- Updated spell checker dictionaries (Hunspell) for the following languages: Danish, Dutch, English (British), English (U.S.), French, Greek, Hungarian, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Spanish, Swedish
- Removed PGP internal implementation (RFC-1991) from The Bat!
- There is now a random delay before sending the TLS alert code to a remote computer in order to prevent eventual timing attacks
- The Preferences dialog now displays an hourglass when it opens
- (#0000427) Tab order was wrong in some dialogs, e.g. in the “Create Mail Filter” dialog box
- (#0001327) Access Violation errors on exit have been eliminated
- (#0001545) Email was added twice to the “To:” line if the address entry in the address book contained multiple addresses
- (#0001662) Incorrect rendering of certain HTML messages has been resolved
- (#0001718) An issue with an option during the address book import has been resolved
- (#0001719) After adding an account using the mail account assistant the The Bat! main window did not show up
- (#0001755) Address Viewer incorrectly displayed the email address of the sender
- (#0001780) 64-bit version of The Bat! silently closed upon trying to send a PGP-signed message
- (#0001785) Ctrl+mouse wheel did not zoom in/out in plain text editors
- Fixed Access Violation errors which could sometimes happen infrequently, and which were caused by improper CPU thread handling, especially when exiting The Bat!
- Fixed errors when The Bat! process could hang on exit and stay in the Task Manager while exiting The Bat! when active connections to RSS feeds were in progress
- Fixed an issue when all tags became ignored
- Fixed memory leaks
- Image Crop did not work in message templates
Runs on any Windows PC and Windows tablets.
Homepage – https://www.ritlabs.com
Size: 36.6 MB