Hybrid is a multi platform (Linux, macOS, Windows) converter, based frontend for a bunch of other tools. It can convert nearly every input to x264, x265, Xvid, VP9 …. Also ac3, ogg, mp3, aac, flac inside an mp4, m2ts, mkv, webm, mov, avi container, a Blu-ray or an AVCHD structure.
Hybrid bundles multiple video processing utilities into a single package. It enables you to convert multiple file types into various multimedia formats. Moreover, it can perform tagging and muxing operations and automate common tasks.
One of the main advantages of Hybrid is related to the range of supported formats. It can handle VC-1 and AVC raw input, along with all the other file types that mplayer and ffmpeg can decode. Also supports x264, Xvid, VP8, x265 and ProRes as output.
The integrated video encoder can handle multiple encoding modes. Each with specific parameters, such as bitrate, constant rate factors and so on. Moreover it provides compatiblity with various containers, including Blu-ray discs or a AVCHD. In addition, you can use audio extraction function for generate MP3, OGG, AAC, FLAC, AC3, DTS and other similar formats.
Hybrid comes with lots of configuration options for more advanced users. You can modify the encoding mode, adjust the bitrate, set the tune and the entropy coding mode. Furthermore you can resize loaded images, change its aspect ratio, crop images manually. Or allow the application to perform this operation for you with ‘auto crop’ function.
In addition to this, it features filtering capabilities, helping you enhance the quality of your multimedia files prior to encoding. Among the available options you can find deinterlacing, telecine, color adjusting, sharpening, denoising, horizontal and vertical deblocking, temporal noise reducing and many more.
Hybrid’s general feature list:
- Extensive ability to configure x264s setting (with dependency checks)
- Ability to configure x265s setting.
- Tagging support for mkv, mp4, mov.
- Chapter support for mkv, mp4, Blu-ray.
- Subtitle suppot for mkv, mp4, Blu-ray.
- Separated audio-, video-, filter profiles, audio and video combi profiles.
- Integrated bitrate calculator.
- Accepts vc-1 and avc raw input.
- Manual and automatic creation and pass-through of chapters.
- Ability to encode single title/chapters.
- aac, mp3, ac3, ogg, flac, dts, pcm audio encoding with dcaenc, mencoder, ffmpeg, aften and different aac encoders.
- Supported AAC encoders: qaac, fdk, faac, fhg, neroaacenc, vo-aacenc.
- Filtering through mencoder (+ some resize automation) or avisynth.
- Acceptable Input: avs and everything that mplayer, ffmpeg can decode
- Supported video output formats: MPEG-4 ASP (Xvid), MPEG-4 AVC (x264, qsvencc). VP8/VP9 (vpxenc), ProRes (ffmpeg). MPEG-4 HEVC (x265, kvazaar, DivX265), FFV1 (ffmpeg). UT video (ffmpeg), FFvHuff (ffmpeg).
- Supported audio output formats: dts, ac3, ogg vorbis, mp3, aac, flac, pcm, opus, pass-through
- Supported containers: mov, mp4, mkv, m2ts, webm, avi. Blu-ray or a AVCHD structure
- Audio/video pass-through -> can be used for muxing, tagging, chapter editing
- A lot of option to automate stuff
The application can process subtitles and perform tagging operations for video, audio and subtitle streams,. The integrated chapter editor can be of assistance in adjusting the chapter names and edit the video structure. For your convenience, Hybrid includes a job scheduling section that helps you automate various tasks.
- Vapoursynth: script creation during script creation
- GUI: save icon/text selection in GlobalDataModel
- GUI: disableIcons from misc.ini
Changes in Hybrid 2021.12.12.1:
- Avisynth: RGBAdjust controls
- Avisynth: FRIM handling
- Vapoursynth: some popups when HINet isn’t present
- add chapters to non-mp4 files when muxing with ffmpeg
Changes in Hybrid 2021.12.05.1:
- Video: some models didn’t load the saved defaults
- Video: aoemenc:,2pass fails when custom addition was used
- Vapoursynth: 12bit scaling bug
- Vapoursynth: reset filters + removed use Deinterlace checkbox
- Vapoursynth: HQDN3D parameter fix
- Vapoursynth: handling Vapoursynth input scripts in case they are not further processed
- Vapoursynth: TemporalGrain2 support
- Avisynth: QTGMC doesn’t support YUV411
- Analysis/Muxing: handling mkv supporting that a single attachment can have multiple ids.
- Jobs: handling jobs with 99+ subjobs
- Audio: stereo to mono downmix
- Input: Input dvd title minimum length was active even then the option was disabled.
- Extraction: use more quotes when using mplayer for extraction on MacOS and Linux
- Jobs: option to clean temp folder
- Filtering: wrong letterbox values on reload of source
- Vapoursynth: letterbox + telecine handling
- Analysis: filter audio by language before initialization
- Video: ProRes 4444 handling + activate Controls
- Input: freeze on unsupported raw input
- Vapoursynth: DGDecNV deinterlace call for tff
- Audio: handling opus raw audio as Audio Input
- Vapoursynth: sRestore was missing ChangeFPS when ‘frate’ was set while ‘omode’ wasn’t 6.
- GUI: some small glitches
- Cut: cut end frame rounding
- Video: NVEnc deinterlace
- Video: ffnvenc accidentally removed on Linux systems.
- Model: reset input when reloading defaults on non-empty input
- Audio: pcm input handling
- Avisynth: LSFMod now hdb compatible
- Analysis: TimeCodeGrabber ffmpeg
- Jobs: extrating mov to raw
- Audio: ffmpeg->sox->ffmpeg encoding
- Avisynth: RemoveDirt split typo
- Avisynth: FrameRateConverter, MvToolsFPS
- Vaoursynth: trim + Vapoursynth FilterPreview
- Audio: ac3 dialognorm, audioNormalization
- Muxing: Cineform muxing
- Avisynth: ‘Filtering->Avisynth->Denoise’ en-/disable not saved in profiles.
- Vapoursynth: forgot adjuster for SRMD
- Vapoursynht: drop alpha channel when using LWLibavSource
- Muxing: remuxing vfr mov to m2ts by ignoring the time codes
- Decoding: vidstab when ffmpeg encoders are used
- Vapoursynth: fixed ResampleHQ call when stepped resize is used
- Audio: audio only audio job creation
- Vapoursynth: vsHDRToSDRDGLight init value
- Video: x265: support old 16bit x265 from 2015 (misc.ini, supportX26516bit=true; Windows only)
- Decode: mplayer/mencode use ‘-demuxer lavf’ not ‘-demuxer mkv’ for webm content.
- Video: encoding type “specific filesize/bitrate (1st pass)” -> “specific filesize/bitrate (2pass – 1st pass)” and “specific filesize/bitrate (2nd pass)” ->”specific filesize/bitrate (2pass – 2nd pass)” to limit confusion
- Video: NVEnc – added ‘–chroma-qp-offset X’
- Avisynth: TemporalDegrain2 supports 8-16bit YUV
- NVEnc: color range values
- Muxing: mkv mpeg-2 interlaced handling
- Jobs: create sub-folders in temp per job (experimental)
- Vapoursynth: tcanny sigma to 0.5
- Synth: allow to force bit depth when using flash3kdb
- Vapoursynth: FilterOrder cosmetics: a. used filters are bold b. filters can be moved through mouse drag&drop
- Decode: not uisng ‘-demuxer mkv’ but for mkv/webm compatible input (this might cause problems, but we will see)
- Analysis: changed MakeMKV workarounds,…
- Input: add ‘iso’ to the file extensions to ignore
- Vapoursynth: sRestore min threshold to 1
- Jobs: use json options file for mkvtoolnix
- Jobs: explicitly set LANG and LC_ALL in qprocess environment
- Muxing: allow passthrough ProRes to mkv
- Vapoursynth: allow GLS Resizer&Filter for Mac
- Vapoursynth: updated ReadMPLS filter on Windows, fixed code
- Vapoursynth: “lower resolution before resize” can now be restricted to width/height
- Avisynth: FrFun7 now available for 64bit Avisynth
- Video: support FFV1 set output color space.
- Avisynth: disable HDRAGC for 64bit
- Avisnyth: more Histogram options separateFieldInterlacedHandling
- Vapoursynth: switch to API4
- Analysis: adjust to MediaInfo for HDR transfer detection
- Video: Xvid encraw doesn’t have ‘-i ..’ anymore
- Vapoursynth: removed openCL option from vsMCDeGrain since there’s no TCannyCL anymore.
- Analysis: removed unnecessary code Analysis if container frame rate more than 20 times the stream frame rate, use stream frame rate. x264 version: convert 0.164.x to version 5000 vp9: restrict cpuUsed to
- Filtering: ffmpeg tonemap added npl-parameter
- Video: ediaaCuda (Windows only)
- Vapoursynth: muvsfunc.SSMI_downscale = SSIMD
- Vapoursynth: DPIR, vsRealESRGAN, BasicVSR++, TorchRIFE, vs-swinir, vs-hinet support (in pytorch addon)
- Avisynth: Spotless
- Vapoursynth: only apply range option
- Vapoursynth: chunked encoding support for 1pass encoding methods (*experimental*)
Homepage – http://www.selur.de
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11, Linux
Size: 702 MB