Start Menu X is a replacement of the system menu for professionals. Power users are a lot more demanding, and it’s not surprising – instead of a petty dozen of programs we have hundreds!
Find out how to find and launch programs without scrolling, extra clicks and moves. The menu is only replaced when the program is loaded.
You can access the program settings by right-clicking the program icon in the notification area (near the clock) or right-clicking anywhere in the menu.
The program can work in two modes – Simple mode and Virtual Groups mode. In the first case, the entire list is shown in the same way as it appears in the system menu. You can choose the display mode during installation or later in program settings.
- Virtual Groups. Group programs by purpose (office applications, graphics, etc) without changing their location on the hard drive.
- Single-click launch. The PRO version allows you to assign a primary program to any folder and start it simply by clicking this folder.
- Flexible configuration. Customize the menu to your taste! Change the structure and add tabs.
- Years of experience. The application is an embodiment of our 7-year experience in developing alternative menu solutions.
Start Menu X replaces the yellow folder icons with application icons. Clicking on the folder launches the application. To access a submenu, hover the cursor over a folder for a few seconds. For the first launch, the application launched is determined automatically. Subsequently, the application that you most recently launched becomes the folder’s “default application”.
Split the contents of any folder into virtual groups without changing the location of files on disk. Virtual groups can be folded and unfolded. Thus, you can spend less time looking for things and change how information is displayed according to your circumstances. This feature appeared first in Start Menu X and is our invention.
Access to anywhere on your computer
Unfortunately, in Windows 10, links to folders were removed from the system menu. You are only given a list of applications, so even getting to the control panel from the menu has become very difficult.
It’s a good thing you have Start Menu X! With our program you can configure a customized list of folders. A broad selection of 25 system folders and the ability to add your own folders or applications are what you need to tailor the menu to your individual needs.
Fullscreen list of application
The Windows 10 system menu and other applications that thoughtlessly copied the Windows 7 menu force you to use a small window to select applications. Consequently, you have to constantly scroll through this list and make lots of superfluous mouse movements.
We have fixed this annoyance in the interface. Folder contents make use of the entire screen and selecting an application only depends on how fast your eyes are. When combined with the “one-click launch” feature, the results are stunning.
Timer-based power management
Without any additional applications or effort, directly from the menu you can set a timer to shut down or sleep your computer with a delay. This feature is helpful for folks who love to leave the computer on at night to work on resource-intensive tasks and those who just love to listen to music while they’re out and about.
Changes in Start Menu X 7.33:
- Small integration fix for Windows 11
Changes in Start Menu X 7.32:
- Fixed bug that prevent integration of start button in windows 11
Changes in Start Menu X 7.31:
- Fixed bug that detect windows 11 as windows 10
Changes in Start Menu X 7.1:
- Added many new icons for the start button
- Added support for Windows 7 (32 bit)
- Fixed a bug that prevented pressing Windows + Shift + S combination
- The program no longer stores information about the success or failure of integration with the system in the file.
Changes in Start Menu X 7.0:
- Fully rewrote the system integration. We rewrote system integration from scratch in the new version. The program is much more stable and secure
- Added the ability to replace the Start menu’s button image in various ways
- Added a new unique skin and a set of new skins
- Added the ability to override the system color for Aero-supported skins
- Corrected an error that prevented the program from working properly when Pinnacle Studio is installed
Changes in Start Menu X 6.75:
- System search is disabled by default
- In the previous version, we replaced the search, but it still works with errors. So we returned the old search and you can enable the new one in the settings.
- In the new version, we ignore Windows options regarding the color of the menu
- By default, Windows uses black for the menu. We’re tired of explaining how to disable this option. Therefore, in the new version, we will not take it into account this option and the menu color will match the color of Aero that you select in windows settings.
- Bug fixes with Space X Theme
- With certain system settings, the ship remained present.
- Removed old shortcuts with a link to the mail and the Internet.
- Some antiviruses perceived these shortcuts as viruses. Although these were files the size of a few bytes. They are currently unused and can be removed.
Homepage – https://www.startmenux.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 with 64 bit support.
Size: 14.1 MB
Purchase the PRO version and get these benefits:
- Single-click launch!
Assign a primary program to any folder and start it simply by clicking this folder.
- Change the structure and add tabs.
- Manage the Virtual Groups
- Sort files by name
- Free minor 6.x updates
- No subscription