Pale Moon 28 is a custom-built and speed optimized Firefox browser. The project uses contributed Open Source code to create a full-featured, speed optimized browser based on the popular Firefox browser.
Having seen the advantages on other systems (e.g. Linux) with regards to programs being compiled specifically for the capabilities of the machine it is installed on, it became obviously clear that Windows users were at a disadvantage.
Mozilla only releases windows executables with maximum compatibility in mind, meaning that Firefox is made to run on as many different systems as possible, sacrificing efficiency and speed in the process to be compatible with, by current standards, absolutely ancient hardware.
Mozilla does not provide optimized browser packages for Windows. That means you may be lose speed and efficiency when you use your browser.
That needs to change. Therefore Pale Moon project offers custom-built and optimized Firefox browsers for Windows Operating Systems. Make sure to get the most speed and efficiency out of your browser!
Pale Moon Main features:
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Able to use existing Firefox profiles, bookmarks and settings with this migration tool
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4)
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
Users will find a slightly more conservative approach to changes in the user interface in the Pale Moon browser. It, although very close to Firefox, is (now more obviously so than before) a different product. However, these differences in layout do not prevent anyone from configuring their browser interface to exactly the way they want it to look and work. Including like Mozilla Firefox’s default layout if they so wish.
- Fixed hover state arrows on some controls.
- Fixed potential denial-of-service issues involving FTP (loading of subresources and spamming errors).
- Disabled Microsoft Family Safety (Win 8.1) by default. This prevents security issues as a result of a local MitM setup.
- Added several site-specific overrides (Firefox Send and polyfill.io) to work around website UA-sniffing isues.
- Implemented the origin-clean algorithm for controlling access to image resources.
- Cleaned up the helper application service code.
- Ported applicable security fixes from Mozilla (CVE-2019-9791, CVE-2019-9792, CVE-2019-9796, CVE-2019-9801, CVE-2019-9793, CVE-2019-9794, CVE-2019-9808 and ZDI-CAN-8368).
- Fixed several memory safety hazards and crashes.
- Binaries are now code-signed again (including the setup program for the installer).
Homepage – http://www.palemoon.org
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2008 R2 or later
- A processor with SSE2 instruction support
- 1 GB of RAM
- At least 200 MB of free (uncompressed) disk space
Size: 33.4 MB