Maxthon 6 is a state-of-the-art, multi-platform, first Bitcoin powered web browser. It regularly outperforms other top browsers and offers users a seamless browsing and sharing experience.
Maxthon 6 is a new browser designed and developed by Maxthon USA Inc, which chooses Chromium as the new kernel. MX6 is a different product line from Maxthon 5. It is not an upgrade of MX5 and will operate independently.
Maxthon Browser is a 20-year-old veteran browser. In early days of the Internet, it continued to innovate to improve the user experience and created a number of popular features, such as.
- Multi-tab – how many people still remember the fear of desktop being filled with web pages
- Gestures – create efficiency and comfort in the jamming of older mice with long tails
- Resource Sniffer – how many engineers are relying on this function to explore the way of website development in the early time
- Bookmarks sync- Bookmarks no longer need to be copied with a U disk
As time goes by, Maxthon browser has been making great progress. In past 20 years, there are five major versions and tens of thousands minor versions, paving the way for maxthon browser from the 1970s to the 2000s span several generations of user groups.
As a browser brand that lasts for 20 years, MX6 not only inherits the features that users like in previous versions, but also your personal data, such as bookmarks, notes and passwords can be directly imported from the historical version into the new browser through Maxthon account to achieve seamless connection.
For the upcoming era of technology explosion, MX6 chose the Chromiun open-source kernel as the foundation. On one hand, relying on Chromiun’s strong technical background and iterative speed, it builds a more secure, faster and stable platform for all Maxthon users. On the other hand, it provides a more powerful compatible platform for the new generation of web applications through Chrome addons library.
Maxthon 6 provides a convenient entrance for users to integrate into new technology, without losing inheritance and compatibility. In the latest version, MX6 will separately develop a blockchain module to provide technical support for the popularity of blockchain applications.
Better performance, faster response
Compared with the MX5 browser, MX6 is much faster. Especially opening multiple tabs, its loading capacity and less RAM usage are more prominent. Let’s look at feedback from test groups.
Smooth data import, good browser inheritance
Maxthon 6 is a different product line from MX5. The data of Maxthon 5 and Maxthon 6 cannot be synced, but MX6 can synchronize your data through the cloud.
In MX6, you can synchronize your data from the local database to the cloud. If your Maxthon account has used and retained data in previous versions of Maxthon, these data will be automatically synced to your MX6 when syncing the data for the first time. After that, if you want to use both browsers, the data will not be synced but will be synchronized separately under their product lines.
Of course, if you want to import MX5 data into MX6 in stages, you can also use the Import/Export user data function. MX6 team may provide a more convenient function to meet users’ needs in different scenarios.
Separate Bookmarks and Maxnote
Maxnote in the Maxthon 5 browser has always been a controversial product. Some users think the Maxnote is easy to use; while some users who are used to the traditional favorites feel a bit uncomfortable.
To balance the two kinds of user experience, MX6 coexists with Bookmarks and Maxnote. If you like Maxnote, please continue to enjoy it. If you like traditional favorites, please use the “Bookmark” function. When you use MX6 for the first time, it will automatically import the URLs marked as favorites in Maxnote into Bookmarks.
User’s affirmation and expectation for Maxthon 6
Maxthon 6 chooses the Chromium open-source kernel as the foundation. Chromium kernel is famous for a series of features such as security, fluency and stability. MX6 inherits these features and fully supports the Chrome addons library.
Changes in Maxthon Browser 220.127.116.1100 Beta:
- Adjusted the tab right-click menu
- Adjusted the bookmark right-click menu
- Optimized the default browser setup processing of the 32-bit version
- Supported to adjust installation path when overwriting installation (Please be reminded that the user data will stay on the previous path. You can move the folder “User Data ” manually.)
- Fixed the issue that QuickAccess could not select the website icon in some cases
- Fixed the issue that the browser tab bar could not display the proper width for dragging
- Fixed the issue that the browser log file too large under some cases
- Fixed the issue that the password data could not display under some cases
- Fixed the issue that the extension could not be dragged in some cases
- Fixed the issue that the download manager window could not display correctly under multi-window
- Fixed the issue that the free domain could not apply successfully before turning on the account sync
Changes in Maxthon Browser 18.104.22.16800 Beta:
- Optimized the bookmark display (multi-columns scrolling)
- Added the translation option to Mouse Gestures & Shortcuts
- Optimized Vbox
- Optimized browser language translation
- Fixed the issue that the locked tabs could not be moved to the new group
- Fixed crash issue when initializing bookmarks
- Fixed the issue that the download manager could not work on Windows 7 in some cases
Changes in Maxthon Browser 22.214.171.12400:
- New Help Center
- Optimized tab display
- Optimized Maxnote loading speed
- Fixed the issue that Maxnote’s images could not display under some cases
- Fixed the issue that the extensions could not work correctly under some cases
- Fixed the issue that the retro mode could not be kept after restarting the browser
- Fixed the issue that the page zoomed wrongly when using screen capture
- Fixed the issue that the input method could not work correctly in some cases
- Fixed the issue that the tab could not be closed when opening many tabs
- Fixed the issue that the drop-down tab list could not display correctly
- Fixed the issue that the tabs could not scroll correctly
- Fixed crashes
Changes in Maxthon Browser 126.96.36.1990 (Build 0508):
- Keep the previous placement of the QuickNote window
- Fixed the crashes under some cases
Changes in Maxthon Browser 188.8.131.520:
- Optimized the layout of QuickNote
- Optimized the strategy of shortcuts
- Adjusted the minimum size limit of the browser window
- Adjusted the strategy of the local data backup
- Added the shortcut “Ctrl+Z” to reset the screen capture
- Fixed the issue that the bookmark data imported repeatedly under some cases
- Fixed the issue that Passkeeper could not sync under some cases
- Fixed the issue that the search engine and the language list could not display properly under some languages
- Fixed crashes
- Fixed the issue that the news box could not display properly in Windows 7
- Fixed the issue that some shortcuts could not work under the retro mode
- Fixed the issue that the last closed tabs could not be opened in the positive order
Homepage – https://www.maxthon.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 80.4 MB