Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) has been designed to make everyday tasks easier, provide dynamic security protection and improve the development platform and manageability.
End user improvements include a streamlined interface, tabbed browsing, printing advances, improved search functionality, instant feeds (RSS), dynamic security protection, and more.
Internet Explorer 7 provides improved navigation through tabbed browsing, web search right from the toolbar, advanced printing, easy discovery, reading and subscription to RSS feeds, and much more.
Internet Explorer 7 also provides security through a robust new architecture, security features that help defend against malicious software.
The browser also provides the new ways to better protect against the theft of personal data from fraudulent websites.
Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 7 has improved support for cascading style sheets, a rich RSS feeds platform, and robust tools for deploying and managing in large enterprise environments.
Internet Explorer 7 Features:
- ActiveX Opt-in. Disables nearly all pre-installed ActiveX controls to prevent potentially vulnerable controls from being exposed to attack. You can easily enable or disable ActiveX controls as needed through the Information Bar and the Add-on Manager.
- Simplified User Experience. The Internet Explorer 7 frame is reorganized to make it noticeably simpler, more streamlined, and less cluttered with unnecessary items. This maximizes the area of the screen devoted to the webpages that you want to see and makes performing the most common browsing tasks easy.
- CSS Improvements. Addresses many of the major inconsistencies that can cause web developers problems when producing visually rich, interactive webpages. Improved support for CSS2.1, including selectors and fixed positioning, allow web developers to create more powerful effects without the use of script.
- Security Status Bar. Enhances awareness of website security and privacy settings by displaying color-coded notifications next to the address bar. Internet Explorer 7 changes the Address Bar green for websites bearing new High Assurance certificates, indicating the site owner has completed extensive identity verification checks. Phishing Filter notifications, certificate names, and the gold padlock icon are now also adjacent to the address bar for better visibility.
- Advanced Printing. Automatically scales a printed webpage so that it’s not wider than the paper it will be printed on. Internet Explorer 7 also includes a multi-page print preview with live margins, resizing text to avoid document clipping, and an option to print only selected text.
- Application Compatibility Toolkit.
- Phishing Filter.
- Toolbar Search Box.
- Alpha Channel in PNG.
- Cross-Domain Barriers.
- Favorites Center.
- Group Policy Improvements.
- Delete Browsing History.
- RSS Feeds.
- Internet Explorer Administration Kit.
- Address Bar Protection.
- Tabbed Browsing.
- Improved AJAX Support.
- International Domain Name Anti-spoofing.
- Quick Tabs.
- Open Search Extensions.
- URL Handling Security.
- Tab Groups.
- RSS Platform.
- Fix My Settings.
- Page Zoom.
- Add-ons Disabled Mode.
Homepage – https://windows.microsoft.com
Size: 14.8 MB