VMware Workstation PRO is powerful desktop virtualization software for software developers, testers and enterprise IT professionals. It can run multiple operating systems simultaneously on a single computer.
VMware Workstation Pro is the easiest, fastest and most reliable way to evaluate new operating systems. Also the software applications and patches, and reference architectures in an isolated and safe virtualized environment.
No other desktop virtualization software offers the performance, reliability, and cutting edge features of VMware Workstation Pro. This software is an integral component of any serious technical professional’s toolkit.
VMware Workstation Pro takes virtualization to the next level with the broadest operating system support, rich user experience, a comprehensive feature set and high performance.
VMware Workstation Pro is the perfect tool to increase productivity, save time and conquer the cloud. Supports the latest version of Windows and Linux, the latest processors and hardware. And the ability to connect to VMware vSphere and vCloud Air.
VMware Workstation Pro gives powerful control over how to set up and interact with virtual machines whether running them locally on your PC or in the cloud. The interface includes simplified menus, live thumbnails, tabs, preferences screens. And a virtual machine library with search capability allowing you to quickly view and access you virtual machines saving valuable time.
Built for Microsoft Windows 10 and More
VMware Workstation Pro is the best way to evaluate and test Windows 10 with your existing Windows or Linux PC. In a few simple steps you can easily install Windows 10 in a virtual machines from a disc. Or from ISO image using the Workstation Virtual Machines Wizard. You can start taking advantage of Windows 10 latest features like Cortana the personal digital assistant, new Edge web browser. Or even start building Universal Apps for Windows 10 devices. You can even ask Cortana to launch VMware Workstation right from Windows 10.
Display Powerful 3D Graphics
Supports DirectX 10 and OpenGL 3.3 delivering a more fluid and responsive experience when running 3D applications. In addition, Workstation makes running highly demanding 3D applications like AutoCAD or SOLIDWORKS a snap in a virtual machine.
Ready for High Resolution Displays
VMware Workstation Pro has been optimized to support high resolution 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) displays for Desktops and QHD+ (3200×1800) displays used in laptops and x86 tablets providing you with a crisp and detailed experience. VMware Workstation 14 Pro now supports multiple monitors on the host with different DPI settings so you can run your brand new 4K UHD display along with your existing 1080P HD display.
Create Powerful Virtual Machines
With VMware Workstation Pro, you can create virtual machines with up to 16 vCPUs, 8 TB virtual disks, and 64 GB of memory to run the most demanding desktop and server applications in a virtualized environment. You can give graphics-intensive applications an additional boost by allocating up to 2GB of video memory to a virtual machine.
Ready for the Latest Hardware
Take advantage of the latest Intel based tablets with Workstation virtual tablets sensors. Leverage the latest Microsoft Surface tablets with Workstation’s virtual accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, and ambient light sensor to enable applications running in the virtual machines to respond when a user moves, rotates, and shakes their tablet. Whether you are running on a laptop, tablet, or desktop, VMware Workstation Pro supports the latest Intel 64-bit x86 processors, including the Broadwell and Haswell microarchitecture for maximum performance.
Build Virtual Networks
With improved IPv6 support, including IPv6-to-IPv4 Network Address Translation (6to4 and 4to6), users can create more complex networking topologies than ever before. Use the VMware Workstation Pro virtual network editor to add and remove virtual IPv4 or IPv6 networks. Create custom virtual networking configurations, ideal for testing and demonstration environments without impacting the PCs network configuration.
Leverage the Power of vSphere and vCloud Air
VMware Workstation Pro provides connections to VMware vSphere and vCloud Air service. It allows you to extend and scale your virtual machines in the cloud. Seamlessly drag and drop virtual machines between your PC and your internal cloud running vSphere, ESXi or another instance of Workstation. In addition, easily connect to vCloud Air. You will able to upload, run, and view virtual machines right from the Workstation Pro interface.
Virtual Machine Cross Compatibility
With Workstation Pro you can create virtual machines that can run across the VMware product portfolio. Or create restricted virtual machines that can be used in Horizon FLEX, Fusion Pro, and Workstation Player.
- Sound quality is degraded. The quality of sound playback and recording through the emulated ES1371 sound device is degraded when compared to Workstation 15.5.2 and earlier versions. This issue is now resolved.
- The Caps Lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock keys and indicators don’t operate as expected. The Caps Lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock keys and indicators behave erratically in a Linux virtual machine running on Workstation 15.5.5. This issue is now resolved.
- Windows 10 host VBS support: VMware Workstation 15.5.5 now runs on Windows hosts with Hyper-V features (For example: virtualization based security) enabled.The followings are minimum requirement to run VMware Workstation on a Hyper-V enabled host:CPU Requirements:
- Intel Sandy Bridge or a newer CPU
- AMD Bulldozer or a newer CPU
Supported Host Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 20H1 build 19041.264 or newer
- Support for new Guest Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 20H1
- Ubuntu 20.04
- Fedora 32
- Support for new Host Operation Systems:
- Windows 10 20H1
- Ubuntu 20.04
- Workstation 15.5.2 Pro addresses a use-after-free vulnerability in vmnetdhcp. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2020-3947 to this issue.
- Workstation 15.5.2 Pro addresses a local privilege escalation vulnerability in Cortado Thinprint. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2020-3948 to this issue.
- Workstation 15.5.2 Pro addresses a privilege escalation vulnerability. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2019-5543 to this issue.
- Workstation 15.5.1 Pro addresses an out-of-bounds write vulnerability in the e1000e virtual network adapter. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2019-5541 to this issue.
- Workstation 15.5.1 Pro addresses an information disclosure vulnerability in vmnetdhcp. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2019-5540 to this issue.
- Workstation 15.5.1 Pro addresses a denial-of-service vulnerability in the RPC handler. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org) has assigned the identifier CVE-2019-5542 to this issue.
- Workstation 15.5.1 Pro resolves TSX Asynchronous Abort (TAA), a speculative-execution vulnerability identified by CVE-2019-11135.
- Workstation 15.5.1 Pro resolves a regression introduced in Workstation 15.5.0 Pro which causes the Hypervisor-Specific mitigations for L1TF and MDS vulnerabilities to be ineffective.
Homepage – https://www.vmware.com
VMware Workstation Pro runs on most 64-bit Windows or Linux host operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Oracle Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Size: 552 MB