VMware ThinApp 5 accelerates application deployment and simplifies application migration with agentless application virtualization. It is an agentless application virtualization solution that isolates applications from their underlying operating systems to eliminate application conflict and streamline delivery and management.
This VMware software encapsulates applications inside a Virtual OS that transparently merges a virtual system environment with the real system environment.
Run any version of virtually any application on a single operating system without conflicts. You can even run multiple versions of the same application.
Plug VMware ThinApp into your existing management infrastructure and accelerate your software development and desktop deployment. Deliver and deploy applications more efficiently, more securely, and more cost-effectively with agentless application virtualization.
- Package each application with its own DLL file and registry changes to eliminate installation conflicts
- Execute applications on locked-down PCs in 100% user mode
- Run applications from any media without needing admin privileges
VMware ThinApp 5 Features:
- OS Migrations. Quickly migrate your legacy applications to Windows by eliminating the need to recode, retest and recertify. Faster deployments with less testing mean your business applications will be in production sooner, minimizing downtime and reducing business risks. To make things even easier, you can automatically convert silent-installed applications to ThinApp packages.
- Application Isolation. Package an entire 32-bit or 64-bit application and its settings into a single .MSI or .EXE executable that can be deployed to many Windows operating environments. These virtual applications are isolated from each other and execute independently without making changes to the underlying operating system. That eliminates application-to-application conflict as well as application-to-OS conflicts.
- Server Consolidation. The traditional IT model of one application per server requires dedicated hardware for specific applications that cannot coexist, whether for technical reasons or concerns about data isolation. VMware ThinApp eliminates these application silos for better use of existing assets while making your applications easier to manage and deploy.
- Security. With VMware ThinApp, applications can run in restricted user accounts on locked-down PCs with no system changes and without reducing the security policy. ThinApp has no kernel-mode code, and so cannot violate machine group policy applied to user accounts. This makes virtualized packages safe to deploy in environments where security and stability are vital.
- Mobility. Whether on the road or in the office, users require reliable and flexible application access on virtually any computer they have access to, including kiosk and hotel PCs. With VMware ThinApp, they won’t need to install software or device drivers and don’t need admin rights. Applications run directly from portable storage devices, including Flash drives.
- Support for Windows 10 1903
- Support for Mozilla FireFox ESR 68.
- Security updates
- Support for new parameters: CopyManifestData and DllNamesMap in the package.ini file.
- Virtual applications fail if VMware Dynamic Environment Manager, Citrix XenApp, or Horizon View Agent are installed on the deployment machine.Certain applications like VMware Dynamic Environment Manager, Citrix XenApp, or Horizon View Agent install hook DLLs in the system that might cause virtual applications to fail. The presence of any of the following hook DLLs such as vmwsci.dll, MfApHook.dll, MfApHook64.dll, FlexHook32.dll, or FlexHook64.dll might interfere with the child process creation in ThinApp causing the virtual applications to fail.
- In the package.ini file, set the parameter EnableExternalHookInterception to 1.
- Copy the following DLLs to the deployment machine:These DLLs are not required during an application capture.
- For 32-bit virtual applications, copy the file dummyTLS.dll from the ThinApp install location to the folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64 on a 64-bit deployment machine, or to the folder C:\Windows\System32 on a 32-bit deployment machine.
- For 64-bit virtual applications, copy the file dummyTLS64.dll from the ThinApp install location to the folder C:\Windows\System32 on a 64-bit deployment machine.
- Virtual GFRQuery application is not working with ThinApp 5.2.5 The “Detail Summary Window” of the Virtual GFRQuery application is not displayed.Resolution:Rebuild the package with ThinApp 5.2.6.
- Applications virtualized with ThinApp when compiled with “Control Flow Guard Flag” fail to start.Resolution:Rebuild the ThinApp package with version 5.2.6.
- Paint.NET 4.x, when virtualized by using ThinApp, fails when started on a Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 Virtual MachineWhen an application virtualized by using ThinApp fails to start on either Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 machine, the following error message is displayed:
application_name requires Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- In the General Purpose Parameters section of the package.ini file, add CopyManifestData=1.
- Rebuild the ThinApp package.
CopyManifestData is a new parameter.
- Virtual ixDrill application fails with a runtime error.Virtual ixDrill application fails due to a runtime error.Resolution:In the package.ini file, add DllNamesMap=dartwe~1.dll:dartwebserver.dll.
Homepage – https://www.vmware.com
Size: 17.7 MB