VMware Workstation Player (formerly VMware Player Pro) is a streamlined desktop virtualization application. It runs one or more operating systems on the same computer without rebooting.
VMware Workstation Player has simple user interface, provides unmatched operating system support and portability. It’s now easier than ever for IT professionals to get their users up and running with a corporate desktop. In addition, allows IT professionals to efficiently create and deliver a virtual desktop to employees, contractors or customers.
Run corporate virtual machines, experiment with new operating systems. Or safely try and test new software in an isolated virtual environment on a Windows or Linux PC.
VMware Workstation Player allows academic professionals to quickly deliver complete virtual desktops to students preconfigured with all the lessons, applications and tools required for the course while increasing control and security.
VMware Workstation Player Features:
Easy PC Virtualization for Windows and Linux
The program provides a streamlined user interface for creating, running and evaluating operating systems and applications in a virtual machine on Windows or Linux PCs. Easily interact and exchange data between applications running in the virtual machine and the desktop.
Unmatched OS Support for Ultimate Compatibility
VMware Player supports hundreds of guest operating systems – old and new. Therefore you can continue to run the applications you need in a virtual machine for as long as you want. VMware Workstation Player is the best way to run multiple operating systems and corporate desktops in an isolated and protected environment on modern hardware.
Virtual Machine Portability
With VMware Player you can containerize complete desktop environments in a virtual machine and easily share. There you can include the operating system, applications and user configurations. Instead of buying and shipping additional hardware, reduce cost by simply providing VMware Player along with a virtual machine containing your secure desktop image.
Run Restricted Virtual Machines
Workstation Player has the ability to run restricted virtual machines created by VMware Workstation or VMware Fusion Pro. Restricted virtual machines are the easiest way to secure corporate desktops with encryption, runtime password protection, USB access restriction, isolation between the host and guest OS, and time limitation.
Consolidate and Recycle Old PC Hardware
Use the free VMware vCenter Converter utility accessible from this Player to turn existing Windows and Linux based computers into virtual machines. And eliminate the need to re-install and re-configure your existing OS and applications. Once converted, use Workstation Player to manage and run all your virtual machine on new hardware.
Free for Personal Use
VMware Workstation Player 15 is licensed for commercial use and is enabled to run restricted virtual machines. If you simply want to learn more about virtual machines or run them at home in a non-commercial environment, you may use this software at no cost.
VMware Workstation 15.5 Player is a free upgrade for all VMware Workstation 15 Player users. It includes the following updates:
- Support for new guest operating systems:
- Windows 10 19H2
- Debian 10.0/10.1
- Debian 9.11
- Oracle Linux 8.0
- SLE 15 SP1
- FreeBSD 12.0
- PhotonOS 3.0
- Jumbo frame support: Virtual networks can now be configured with MTU sizes of up to 9000 bytes.
- Open VM Tools is the default VMware Tools for applicable Linux virtual machine:For more information, see Workstation 15.5 Player for Windows and Workstation 15.5 Player for Linux product documentation.
- Implemented DLL loading security improvements, suggested by Peleg Hadar of Safebreach.
Homepage – http://www.vmware.com
Systems using Processors (CPUs) launched in 2011 or later are supported except:
- Intel Atom processors based on the 2011 “Bonnell” micro-architecture (e.g. Atom Z670/Z650; Atom N570)
- Systems using Intel Atom processors based on the 2012 “Saltwell” micro-architecture (e.g. Atom S1200, Atom D2700/D2500, Atom N2800/N2600).
- Systems using AMD processors based on the “Llano” and “Bobcat” micro-architectures (e.g. code-named “Hondo”, “Ontario”, “Zacate”, “Llano”)
In addition the following are supported:
- Systems using Intel processors based on the 2010 “Westmere” micro-architecture (e.g. Xeon 5600, Xeon 3600, Core i7-970, Core i7-980, Core i7-990)
- 1.3GHz or faster core speed
- 2GB RAM minimum/ 4GB RAM or more recommended
Host Operating Systems (64-bit)
- Ubuntu 14.04 and above
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 & above
- CentOS 6.0 and above
- Oracle Linux 6.0 and above
- openSUSE Leap 42.2 and above
- SUSE Linux 12 and above
Guest Operating Systems
More than 200 operating systems are supported, including:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.X
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Red Hat
- Oracle Linux
Size: 138 MB