xpy is a small program which let’s you tweak Windows according to your needs. This includes the disabling of services, changing the behaviour and usability, deleting undesired files, or tweaking programs like Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player and Windows Messenger.
It is recommended to use xpy with care, it’s not everybody’s solution to make your Windows run better. Use it with care and it will help you making changes to your operating system much quicker.
Besides the classic antispy features, disabling Windows and some of its components to communicate with Microsoft servers, xpy improves privacy settings and your system’s security, closes recent security holes like the remote procure call (rpc) service and the distributed component object model (dcom).
Though xpy is small (about 100 kilobytes), it can close serious threats on long distance, where large service-packs can only protect you until a new security hole has been found.
- disable Windows communicating with Microsoft servers
- disable remote services
- restore Windows classic look
- enable workstation features on Windows Server
- increase Internet Explorer security, disable features
- uninstall Windows Messenger
- delete media files coming with a clean Windows installation
- disable usability annoyances
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 and Server 2003, 2008.
Changes in version 1.3.8 (2014-05-30):
- Added option to retrieve updates for Windows Embedded POSReady systems, even if using other
- Compiled using latest NSIS 3.0 beta 0
Homepage – https://sourceforge.net/projects/xpy/
Size: 99.4 KB