PassMark BurnInTest is the computer stability and reliability testing software for Windows and Linux. It is a tool that heavily loads all the major subsystems of a computer with the aim of thoroughly exercising the hardware in a PC in a short period of time.
BurnInTest will bring intermittent or hidden problems to the surface. After a successfully run the PC, you can use it with a much higher level of confidence. Also you can use BurnInTest by overclockers to verify system stability at high clock speeds.
PassMark BurnInTest is a software tool that allows all the major sub-systems of a computer to be simultaneously stress tested for endurance, reliability and stability.
PassMark BurnInTest Features:
- Assists in PC Troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- The best value professional burn-in tool on the market!
- The hottest, fastest CPU Burn In tool around!
- Avoid delivering D.O.A. (Dead on Arrival) hardware to your customers.
- Dramatically reduce your burn in times with multithreaded simultaneous testing of components.
- Build your image as a supplier of quality systems.
- Avoid costly downtime, system rebuilds and lost data.
- Test the stability of a system after configuration changes or hardware upgrades (critical for overclocking).
The Professional version also has a number of additional features such as tape drive testing, USB port testing, Serial and parallel port testing with the use of loop back plugs.
- Fixed missing digital signatures on some executables (plugins, memtest, DX12 test) which could prevent the executables being launched by BurnInTest or show an unknown error during the memory test.
Changes in PassMark BurnInTest 9.1 Build 1000:
- Memory Test, made some changes to how the memory is allocated at the start of the test and reallocated during the test. Previously memory was allocated in one large allocation (per memory test process), however on systems with large amount of RAM (eg 4TB) the test would time out when test RAM was reallocated. Now the test processes will allocate/deallocate RAM in 100MB blocks.
- Memory Test, added a small sleep if a memory allocation fails before looping to try allocate again
- CPU Test, started reserving threads if memory test is running (1 thread for 8 or less cores*thread systems, 2 threads for > 8)
- Scripting, fixed some issues where the next line of a script might not be executed when a test was automatically stopped when using the SETERRORS ACTION STOP command
- 3D Test, fixed a bug where last 3D DX12 error string was not being displayed in dashboard list view
Changes in PassMark BurnInTest 9.0 Build 1018:
- Management console, started sending more memory information to management console on initial connection so RAM details table can be populated from BurnInTest connections
- Plugins, fixed an issue where the test run wouldn’t automatically stop when running just plugins (no main tests included) and the plugins had finished
- Plugins, fixed an issue where the next plugin wouldn’t start when running plugins during the main tests (not pre-test plugins) and the option “run each separately” was selected
- 2D EMC testing, added new option to swap pattern displayed on primary monitor
- 2D EMC testing, added an option to disable the sine wave tone that is played during the test
- 2D EMC testing, fixed an issue when the primary monitor was not the left most (#0) monitor that would cause the test to display on the wrong monitor and in incorrect sizes
- Fixed an issue where DirectIO.sys could be held open if BurnInTest was started a second time on the same system if temperature monitoring was enabled. This could then cause system information to not be collected correctly (eg missing memory details) on the second BurnInTest launch (if system was not restarted between launches)
Homepage – https://www.passmark.com/products
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 48.3 MB