PassMark BurnInTest is the computer stability and reliability testing software for Windows and Linux. It is a tool that heavily loads all the major subsystems of a computer with the aim of thoroughly exercising the hardware in a PC in a short period of time.
BurnInTest will bring intermittent or hidden problems to the surface. After a successfully run the PC, you can use it with a much higher level of confidence. Also you can use BurnInTest by overclockers to verify system stability at high clock speeds.
PassMark BurnInTest is a software tool that allows all the major sub-systems of a computer to be simultaneously stress tested for endurance, reliability and stability.
PassMark BurnInTest Features:
- Assists in PC Troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- The best value professional burn-in tool on the market!
- The hottest, fastest CPU Burn In tool around!
- Avoid delivering D.O.A. (Dead on Arrival) hardware to your customers.
- Dramatically reduce your burn in times with multithreaded simultaneous testing of components.
- Build your image as a supplier of quality systems.
- Avoid costly downtime, system rebuilds and lost data.
- Test the stability of a system after configuration changes or hardware upgrades (critical for overclocking).
The Professional version also has a number of additional features such as tape drive testing, USB port testing, Serial and parallel port testing with the use of loop back plugs.
- Management console, fixed a bug where unprintable characters in some system information fields (eg BIOS serial) could prevent BurnlnTest correctly connecting to the management console
- Added CPU voltage from SMBIOS to system information
- Added extra information to DX12 error logging
- Updated system information library for support for reading temperatures and SMART information for NVMe drive behind USB-NVMe bridges (eg JMicron JMS583, Realtek RTL9210, ASMedia ASM2362)
- Advanced Network Test, Added more setting value bounds checking to advanced network test preferences
- Advanced Network Test Endpoint, fixed a crash that could occur on exit while cleaning up
- Advanced Network Test Endpoint, stopped displaying an error message at startup when Bluetooth was not available
- Advanced Network Test Endpoint, fixed a crash that could occur in the endpoint
- Memory Test, fixed crash that could occur after allocating a small amount of RAM
- When using the -MF command line flag the machineid.dat file will now be saved at this location when using save as default button
Changes in PassMark BurnInTest 9.1 Build 1008:
- Scripting – Added ID flag to SETMANAGEMENT command
- Add missing model when detecting Intel Comet Lake chipsets for CPU information and temperatures
- Added Intel Ice Lake chipset support for CPU information and temperatures
- Fixed ADM Ryzen temperatures being displayed too low
Changes in PassMark BurnInTest 9.1 Build 1007:
- RAM test, fixed an instance where the RAM test process might crash if it had allocated a very small amount of RAM initially (<100MB) and then tried to allocate more
- Management console, fixed a bug where BurnInTest might not send a test finished time in test result
- Fixed some display issues on the dashboard for the standard and advanced network tests
- Disabled time and cycle count editing in dashboard user interface and added message for trial version (was always set to 15 minutes for trial version but dashboard UI was not reflecting this)
- Fixed a recent temperature collection change that was causing some AMD CPU temps to be displayed incorrectly
- Added support for Intel Comet Lake chipset temperatures
- Added Qemu/KVM to list of known Linux VMs so that CPU MSR information is not processed (to prevent BSOD in VM)
- Replaced Testsound.wav and Testsound.mp3 example files used for sound test with cleaner sounding examples
Changes in PassMark BurnInTest 9.1 Build 1006:
- Added -MF command line flag to load machineid.dat file from a specified location
- RAM Test, fixed a bug that would prevent the RAM test from testing < 100 MB of RAM, on systems with low amounts of available RAM at test start this would show the cycle count increasing but no operations being performed.
- PCIe Test, fixed a bug that would cause a “no operations” error when running more than 1 PCIe test at a time and keeping the test view on the list view (instead of tile view)
- GPGPU Test, Added card number (as seen by BurnInTest) to GPGGPU error and trace activity output to better help identify GPU when multiple of the same type/name are in use
- Customer certificate, stopped outputting an empty temperature graph if temperature monitoring was disabled
- Trace Logging, reduced the amount of memory information logged during the disk test
- Trace Logging, made the logged memory information more readable
Changes in PassMark BurnInTest 9.1 Build 1005:
- Advanced network test, made some changes to send multicast instead of broadcast messages to find endpoints
- Advanced network test, made some changes to send all broadcast and control messages via IPv6 when testing an IPv6 interface
- Advanced network test, added the outbound and recieved errors to the advanced network test window
- Advanced network test, Endpoint software, added two new threads to listen and respond to IPv6 broadcast and control messages
- Added -LV command line flag to have dashboard display the list view rather than the tile view on startup
- Added max cycle count to disk test scripting options (MAXCYCLES flag)
- Reduced some of the trace logging of memory use when running the disk test
- Updated some temperature readings for new AMD CPUs
Changes in PassMark BurnInTest 9.1 Build 1004:
- Sound test, Loopback test, fixed a possible crash that could occur if there was no input device available
- Management console, fixed an issue where a connect message wasn’t correctly sent when a large amount of system information was present (eg 10+ disks etc)
- Fixed a bug where some event source strings were not printed correctly (only a single character) to the trace log
- Fixed the display of hard disk information only showing minimal information (no serial etc) in WindowsPE
- Updated system information library with some AMD Ryzen temperature fixes (4600H, 4800H)
Changes in PassMark BurnInTest 9.1 Build 1003:
- Scripting, fixed an issue where script would continue running next script line when STOP button was clicked
- Disk test, fixed an instance where disk test files were not being kept on disk when used in conjunction with the -K command line parameter
- Slightly increased test tile size to allow for extra USB information being displayed
- Install to USB, now includes machineid.dat if file exists
- USB test, added the “Check bus error” option to the preferences window to allow user to enable/disable logging of the low level errors. “Low level errors” information field added to USB test display
Changes in PassMark BurnInTest 9.1 Build 1002:
- Memory Test, fixed a crash / timeout error that could occur in low memory situations
- Added some extra logging to trace file with command line string
- Added some extra error information when Print action fails
Changes in PassMark BurnInTest 9.1 Build 1001:
- Fixed missing digital signatures on some executables (plugins, memtest, DX12 test) which could prevent the executables being launched by BurnInTest or show an unknown error during the memory test.
Changes in PassMark BurnInTest 9.1 Build 1000:
- Memory Test, made some changes to how the memory is allocated at the start of the test and reallocated during the test. Previously memory was allocated in one large allocation (per memory test process), however on systems with large amount of RAM (eg 4TB) the test would time out when test RAM was reallocated. Now the test processes will allocate/deallocate RAM in 100MB blocks.
- Memory Test, added a small sleep if a memory allocation fails before looping to try allocate again
- CPU Test, started reserving threads if memory test is running (1 thread for 8 or less cores*thread systems, 2 threads for > 8)
- Scripting, fixed some issues where the next line of a script might not be executed when a test was automatically stopped when using the SETERRORS ACTION STOP command
- 3D Test, fixed a bug where last 3D DX12 error string was not being displayed in dashboard list view
Changes in PassMark BurnInTest 9.0 Build 1018:
- Management console, started sending more memory information to management console on initial connection so RAM details table can be populated from BurnInTest connections
- Plugins, fixed an issue where the test run wouldn’t automatically stop when running just plugins (no main tests included) and the plugins had finished
- Plugins, fixed an issue where the next plugin wouldn’t start when running plugins during the main tests (not pre-test plugins) and the option “run each separately” was selected
- 2D EMC testing, added new option to swap pattern displayed on primary monitor
- 2D EMC testing, added an option to disable the sine wave tone that is played during the test
- 2D EMC testing, fixed an issue when the primary monitor was not the left most (#0) monitor that would cause the test to display on the wrong monitor and in incorrect sizes
- Fixed an issue where DirectIO.sys could be held open if BurnInTest was started a second time on the same system if temperature monitoring was enabled. This could then cause system information to not be collected correctly (eg missing memory details) on the second BurnInTest launch (if system was not restarted between launches)
Homepage – https://www.passmark.com/products
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 49.6 MB