XYplorer is a multi-tabbed file manager for Windows, featuring a very powerful file search, versatile preview facilities, a highly customizable interface, and a large array of unique ways to efficiently automate frequently recurring tasks. It’s extremely fast and light, it’s innovative, and it’s fun!
XYplorer (formerly known as TrackerV3) is a hybrid file manager that combines features found in navigational and orthodox file managers.
Instead of dual folder panes, it features a file tree and a tabbed interface for folders that supports drag-and-drop between tabs.
A central feature is the hideable information panel at the bottom that can be used to view file properties and contents, generate reports, find files and preview files. Such as PNG, TIF, GIF, JPG, TGA, PSD, ICO; WAV, MP3, MPEG, AVI; TTF, PFB; HTML, EML, MSG, DOC, XLS, PDF, and many other formats.
The XYplorer search facility supports Boolean logic, Regular Expressions, whole word and fuzzy matching, binary string search, and multiple location search. The unique feature is the Catalog, which is a user created panel of links to files, folders, URLs, and similar entries. Another feature is Scripting, which allows user to create stored sets of commands, similar to a macro. Also the UDC (User Defined Commands), which allow user to create a limited set of customized commands.
- XYplorer is a Portable File Manager. It doesn’t require any installation, nor does it ever change your system or registry. Ideal for a USB drive.
- Tabbed Browsing. Cutting-edge file management using a true multi-tabbed interface.
- Dual Pane spells productivity and ease of use.
- Powerful file search with amazing speed. It supports Boolean Logic, Regular Expressions, Boolean RegExp, Content Search, and more…
- Folder View Settings. Save and auto-restore the view settings of any particular folder. Great feature, saves a lot of time.
- Mini Tree, the author’s personal killer feature.
- Folder Sizes can be shown right in the file list.
- Tags and Comments let you give colors, labels, and comments to individual filenames.
- Reduce your daily routines to simple keystrokes with User-Defined Commands!
- Scripting. Advanced solutions for advanced tasks.
- One-click previews of all important image, audio, video, web, office, and font file formats.
- A powerful Favorites Panel called Catalog.
- Quickly create New Items from a configurable menu, a major time saver!
- Portable File Associations. Home is where your double-click is!
- Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts for more than 300 functions. Have it your way!
- A clean and user-friendly interface makes working with XYplorer easy and intuitive.
Changes in XYplorer 22.70.0000 (2022-01-11):
- Custom Toolbar Buttons Support Middle Click. Now you can define a separate script that will be triggered by the middle button. That gives you 64 more possible scripts to make your life easier.
- Tooltip Zoom. Now you can enlarge the tooltips by up to 400%, which turns each tooltip into a kind of magnifying glass. Relaxes the eyes and makes the file manager easier to use for users with visual impairments.
- Verbatim Tooltips. Now you can optionally display whatever the mouse is pointing at in a tooltip. This option is aimed directly at screen readers who read tooltips aloud and makes the file manager easier to use for users with visual impairments.
- Hover Box Zooming. Now you can hold down the CTRL key to make it super fine: 1 pixel per step. And if you hold SHIFT, it’s 10x faster than normal: 100 pixels per step.
Changes in XYplorer 22.60.0100 (2021-12-16):
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Changes in XYplorer 22.60.0000 (2021-12-08):
- Custom Status Bar Info. Now you can freely define what you would like to see in the 3rd section of the status bar when a file is focused or the current file selection changes. This is a quick way to get additional information without adding an entire extra column or showing a file info tip. This can be, for example, the dimensions of the currently selected photo, or the sample rate of the currently selected song. You can even get information not available anywhere else, like the total length of all currently selected media files.
Changes in XYplorer 22.50.0000 (2021-11-23):
- This Is A BIG Maintenance Release. There have been numerous minor fixes and enhancements since 22.40.
Changes in XYplorer 22.40.0000 (2021-10-27):
- Two Branch Tree Layout. Now the folder tree has two separate main branches, This PC and Network. This allows you to hide everything online or offline depending on your current focus.
- Portable Thumbnail Cache. Now you can have your thumbnail cache portable, moveable, and copyable. Go away with your photos and take your thumbnails with you!
- Live Filter Box Width. Now you can adjust the width of the box in a snap by hitting Shift+Alt+Wheel over the box.
Changes in XYplorer 22.30.0000 (2021-09-28):
- Live Filter via Cell Context Menu. Now it’s just a click to filter the list for a specific property. And that’s any property, including the standard columns, tags, comments, extended shell properties, and even your own user-defined custom columns. Unprecedented and addictive usability booster. And the learning curve is a dot.
- Quick Search via Cell Context Menu. Now it’s just a click to search the current location including its subfolders for a specific property. And that’s any property, including the standard columns, tags, comments, extended shell properties, and even your own user-defined custom columns. Just wow.
- Photo Data in the Hover Box. See Camera Model, Focal Length, F-Stop, Exposure Time, Exposure Bias, ISO Speed, and Date Taken, and of course an image preview by simply moving the mouse over the photo file.
- Compilation Soundtrack. Compiled to the groove of Charlie Watts.
Changes in XYplorer 22.20.0000 (2021-08-31):
- Autofit the Name Column. Now you can let the Name column automatically take up all of the space not used by the other columns. A simple check mark saves you a lot of scrolling and dragging. So useful that you’ll stick with it forever.
- Autosize the Size Column. The Size column is the one with the most variable content, the one that’s typically always either too wide or too narrow. With this option, the width of the Size column is automatically adjusted when positions are changed or tabs are switched or when a new column layout is loaded.
- Secondary Sort Order Arrow. Now you can indicate the implicit secondary sort order by a very light little sort arrow. You’ll love it if you’re nerd enough.
- Compilation Soundtrack. Compiled to music by Cedric Burnside.
Changes in XYplorer 22.10.0000 (2021-07-14):
- Extra Safety on Name Collisions. The new condition “Overwrite if different contents”, in which the contents are compared by comparing the SHA-256 hash of each file, offers additional security for your backup, copy and synchronization jobs.
- Converting Filenames to Title Case. The bulk renamer will now recognize words that are excluded from conversion to upper case. This way, your song and photo collections will look more natural with just a single click. The list of exclusions can of course be edited.
- Irrational Aspect Ratio. Now ISO 216, also known as the “Lichtenberg Ratio”, an international standard for paper sizes used around the world except in some parts of the Americas, is shown in XYplorer as 1:√2 or √2:1, for images whose aspect ratio is close enough to the irrational number. A little nerd honey …
- Compilation Soundtrack. Compiled to music by Joe Strummer.
Changes in XYplorer 22.00.0000 (2021-06-29):
- Column Layouts. Now you can load predefined and custom column layouts with just one click. Instead of laboriously collecting special columns, the photo column layout, for example, shows the date the photo was taken, dimensions, aspect ratio, exposure time, exposure compensation, F-stop, focal length, ISO sensitivity and camera model in no time at all. The audio column layout gives you length, sample rate, bit depth, bit rate and channels. You can adapt the column layouts to your particular needs.
- Maximum Depth. Now you can easily narrow the search recursion depth. E.g. maximum depth 2 means: Search at the current location and 2 levels deeper.
- Sorting Search Results. The new “Always sort search results this way” option lets you control exactly how all of your search results are initially sorted. Sorting column, sorting direction and even secondary sorting are supported.
- Add Tabs Using Drag & Drop. Now you can turn a folder into a new tab by simply dragging and dropping it onto the empty part of the tab bar or the gaps between two tabs.
- Autosize Columns Here. Now you can limit the automatic adjustment of the column sizes to the currently visible rows. This has two advantages: You don’t get super-wide columns for something that’s miles out of sight, and it’s much faster with long lists.
Homepage – https://www.xyplorer.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.