XYplorer is a multi-tabbed file manager for Windows, featuring a very powerful file search, versatile preview facilities, a highly customizable interface, and a large array of unique ways to efficiently automate frequently recurring tasks. It’s extremely fast and light, it’s innovative, and it’s fun!
XYplorer (formerly known as TrackerV3) is a hybrid file manager that combines features found in navigational and orthodox file managers.
Instead of dual folder panes, it features a file tree and a tabbed interface for folders that supports drag-and-drop between tabs.
A central feature is the hideable information panel at the bottom that can be used to view file properties and contents, generate reports, find files and preview files. Such as PNG, TIF, GIF, JPG, TGA, PSD, ICO; WAV, MP3, MPEG, AVI; TTF, PFB; HTML, EML, MSG, DOC, XLS, PDF, and many other formats.
The XYplorer search facility supports Boolean logic, Regular Expressions, whole word and fuzzy matching, binary string search, and multiple location search. The unique feature is the Catalog, which is a user created panel of links to files, folders, URLs, and similar entries. Another feature is Scripting, which allows user to create stored sets of commands, similar to a macro. Also the UDC (User Defined Commands), which allow user to create a limited set of customized commands.
- XYplorer is a Portable File Manager. It doesn’t require any installation, nor does it ever change your system or registry. Ideal for a USB drive.
- Tabbed Browsing. Cutting-edge file management using a true multi-tabbed interface.
- Dual Pane spells productivity and ease of use.
- Powerful file search with amazing speed. It supports Boolean Logic, Regular Expressions, Boolean RegExp, Content Search, and more…
- Folder View Settings. Save and auto-restore the view settings of any particular folder. Great feature, saves a lot of time.
- Mini Tree, the author’s personal killer feature.
- Folder Sizes can be shown right in the file list.
- Tags and Comments let you give colors, labels, and comments to individual filenames.
- Reduce your daily routines to simple keystrokes with User-Defined Commands!
- Scripting. Advanced solutions for advanced tasks.
- One-click previews of all important image, audio, video, web, office, and font file formats.
- A powerful Favorites Panel called Catalog.
- Quickly create New Items from a configurable menu, a major time saver!
- Portable File Associations. Home is where your double-click is!
- Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts for more than 300 functions. Have it your way!
- A clean and user-friendly interface makes working with XYplorer easy and intuitive.
Changes in XYplorer 20.20.0000 (2019-06-18):
- Append to Clipboard. The new Append command allows you to append files to the files that are currently in the clipboard. Hunt and collect.
- Clipboard Peek. Now the “Edit Clipboard” button provides a real-time indication of the current clipboard contents, so you always know whether there is something in the clipboard and of what kind it (text, image, files). The clipboard is no black box anymore.
- Restore Previous Clipboard. Ever accidentally lost some valuable clipboard contents? Argh! Relax. The previous state of the clipboard is now automatically stored whenever the clipboard changes, and you can toggle the current and the previous state by using the new Restore Previous Clipboard command.
- Nested Hamburger. Now the Hamburger menu in the Breadcrumb Bar (“Recently in the Breadcrumb Bar I asked for the Hamburger menu…”) supports submenus.
- Compilation Soundtrack. Compiled to the music of The Last Internationale.
Homepage – https://www.xyplorer.com
Supported Operating Systems: XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit and 64-bit).