SpeedCommander 17 is a comfortable file manager. It builds on the proven two window technology and offers a multitude of exclusive features. Sort, copy, move or delete your files either using the keyboard or the mouse.
SpeedCommander displays files and folders in the proven two window technology. Source and target of operations are therefore always visible. This ensures a higher productivity compared to Windows Explorer and an extremely fast navigation through files, folders and FTP sites.
SpeedCommander offers you many options for copying and moving files. Besides the usual deletion, it has a secure deletion compliant to governmental standards. With the integrated Quick View you can see the content of many file formats. Pictures, videos or music files – SpeedCommander gives you a fast overview for every kind of files. FileSync synchronizes folders, FileSearch finds files and folders on all data mediums.
SpeedCommander 16 makes handling compressed files easy, because they are treated like ordinary folders. Experience direct support for many archive formats as well as compressing and decompressing them without the need for further software. Compression profiles can sum up settings and self-extracting archives make additional software superfluous. Recovery data offers protection against damaged archives.
SpeedCommander 16 has a modern Add-In interface, so that additional plugins can be used, enhancing the original functionality. The program communicates with the Add-In via the component object model (COM). An Add-In can add functionality in the menu or the toolbars. The Add-Ins also have full access to SpeedCommander’s object model. They can open and alter folder windows, as well access their content.
Add further file systems via the interface for file system Add-Ins into SpeedCommander. Use the WinCeFS Add-In to access PDA devices with ActiveSync. The WfxWrapper Add-In integrates the many file system plugins from Total Commander (wfx).
Simple tasks can be automated with macros. Macros can use the different objects of SpeedCommander too, also all script capable components (e.g. several shell objects) can be included. Edit macros easily with the integrated macro editor and check them for possible errors with a script debugger (like Visual Studio).
SpeedCommander 16 supports various FTP types like FTP via SSH (SFTP) and SSL encrypted FTP. The user just needs to choose a protocol, everything else is done in a transparent way. The support for proxies was expanded noticeably. The program supports Socks 4/4a/5 and HTTP connections. The user can choose to compress directory listing and file transfers with MODE Z. Band width limiting keeps your line responsive, if required.
- Two folder windows which can be arranged horizontally or vertically
- Multiple folder views in one folder panel
- File Container with multiple independent containers
- Quick access to Network Neighborhood, Internet and FTP
- Direct support for the many archive formats (including 7Z, RAR, SQX, ZIP)
- Integrated Quick View for many file formats
- Multi-rename tool
- Fast and comfortable Search Program (FileSearch)
- Synchronize files and folders (FileSync)
- Flexible editor for text files (SpeedEdit)
Operating Systems: from Windows XP to Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Environment variable% SCXMLDIR% points to SpeedCommander’s setup directory
- SCBackupRestore: Automatically back up the configuration when exiting SpeedCommander using the AddIn SCBackupOnExit
- Possible crash when loading a layout
- Quick View: Menu commands in the Quick View window were disabled when clicking with the mouse in the docked Quick View
- Quick View: “Go to page” dialog in the PDF viewer has been centered with the main window instead of centered to the Quick view
- Multiple Rename: “SC.Extension” contained invalid characters for filenames without extensions
- ZIP: For ZIP archives created under Linux, the ZIP64 file information (files larger than 4 GiB) was not detected correctly
- 7z: Time stamp for the archive file in the confirmation dialog before overwriting was displayed incorrectly (2h offset)
- SpeedEdit: Some icons in style ‘Office 2003’ have not been displayed correctly [ID1382]
- FileSearch: Text search for individual characters could crash if “Detect all occurrences” is activated
Homepage – https://www.speedproject.com
Size: 16.8 MB