SpeedCommander 18 is a comfortable file manager. This software builds on the proven two window technology and offers a multitude of exclusive features. Sort, copy, move or delete your files either using the keyboard or the mouse.
SpeedCommander displays files and folders in the proven two window technology. Source and target of operations are therefore always visible. This ensures a higher productivity compared to Windows Explorer and an extremely fast navigation through files, folders and FTP sites.
This File Commander offers you many options for copying and moving files. With the integrated Quick View you can see the content of many file formats.
Pictures, videos or music files - SpeedCommander gives you a fast overview for every kind of files. FileSync synchronizes folders, FileSearch finds files and folders on all data mediums.
SpeedCommander 18 has a modern Add-In interface, so that additional plugins can be used, enhancing the original functionality. The program communicates with the Add-In via the component object model (COM). An Add-In can add functionality in the menu or the toolbars. The Add-Ins also have full access to SpeedCommander's object model. They can open and alter folder windows, as well access their content.
SpeedCommander supports various FTP types like FTP via SSH (SFTP) and SSL encrypted FTP. The user just needs to choose a protocol, everything else is done in a transparent way. The support for proxies was expanded noticeably. The program supports Socks 4/4a/5 and HTTP connections. The user can choose to compress directory listing and file transfers with MODE Z. Band width limiting keeps your line responsive, if required.
- Two folder windows which you can arrange horizontally or vertically
- Multiple folder views in one folder panel
- File Container with multiple independent containers
- Quick access to Network Neighborhood, Internet and FTP
- Direct support for the many archive formats (including 7Z, RAR, SQX, ZIP)
- Integrated Quick View for many file formats
- Multi-rename tool
- Fast and comfortable Search Program (FileSearch)
- Synchronize files and folders (FileSync)
- Flexible editor for text files (SpeedEdit)
Changes in SpeedCommander 18.40 Build 9600:
- Updating CRT / Compiler to Visual Studio 2019 (16.3)
- Updated the UCRT to version 10.0.18362 (1903)
New and Improved:
- Improved accessibility for the button elements in some dialogs to the right of combo or input fields
- Improved accessibility for dialog boxes containing a list view with additional buttons (for example, configure filters)
- Improved accessibility for the quick search and the quick filter
- New command line parameter / theme to select a design at startup
- List view: Better differentiation of the left and right list view for users with screen readers
- FileSync: Additional descriptions in the main window for better accessibility
- SpeedEdit: Outline view icons can be colorized
- SCBackupRestore: Improving accessibility when a high contrast design is selected
- Fixed bugs:?
- When installing SpeedCommander, the progress bar was not displayed correctly
- Pro version: Error message when uploading files larger than 1 MiB on OneDrive after API change
- AddIn: When deleting directories on an AddIn, the overall progress was -1%
- FileSync: Missing vertical scroll bar in filter selection list made it difficult to select a filter on more than 30 filters
- FileSync: File compare failed when “Round up to even seconds” and / or “Ignore time difference from 1h” was checked
- FileSearch: Text search via the IFilter interface for PDF files did not work in part
Changes in SpeedCommander 18.30 Build 9500:
- Updated Xtreme Toolkit to version 18.6
Updating CRT / MFC / Compiler to Visual Studio 2017 (9/15/15)
Quick View: Updated DynaPDF to version 18.104.22.168
- Pro version: Own AddIn entry for Web.de SmartDrive
- Resizable dialogs were partially displayed outside the visible area when using different screen configurations
- FileSearch: Attributes selected on the Date, Size and Attributes page were ignored when searching for folders
- FTP: Possible crash when connecting to an FTP server if the FTP server terminates the connection while entering the password
Homepage – https://www.speedproject.com
Operating Systems: from Windows XP to Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 16.6 MB