Multi Commander has a everything you need in your daily works with files to make your work fast and efficient. It has all the standard features like a file manager has like copy, move, rename, view.
But Multi Commander’s big strength is the special features that allow you to do advanced task with ease. Tasks such as Auto-unpacking, Auto-sorting, Browsing inside archives. Also it can edit the Windows Registry and access FTP. Furthermore it can search for and view files and pictures.
There is also powerful, built-in Scripting support that allows you automate many tasks and expand its functionality. And it allows you to do everything from the keyboard using shortcuts so that you can work quickly and efficiently.
Fast and Efficient File Management
- Dual pane tabbed interface. Work with multiple folders open.
- Caching that enable fast file browsing. Easily handle folders with many thousands of files.
- Browse with ease. Show files in Detailed, List, or Thumbnail modes. Use powerful filters to limit what you want to view.
- Background work for all tasks that take time to finish, allowing you to continue working without interruption.
- Fast Operation. Use the mouse and drag & drop or use quick keyboard commands for all tasks.
- Remember all your selections when you return from browsing another location in the filesystem.
- Browse archives (Zip, 7-Zip, Rar, Tar, gz, bz2 )
- Powerful and flexible file search.
- View and change file permissions. Take ownership of files.
- File Operation plug-ins can automatically sort or unpack files when they are moved or copied.
- MultiRename tool for the fast and safe renaming of multiple Files and Folders. Rule-based and supports Undo.
- File viewer that lets you view files of any size with minimal memory usage. View as ASCII/ Unicode/ UTF8/ Binary and Hex.
Customizable and Extensible
- Customize layout and colors to suit your styling needs.
- Powerful script engine allowing you to create scripts to automate tasks.
- Extensions and plug-ins that expand the functionality of Multi Commander.
- Open API for developers (SDK) to create extensions and plug-ins.
- Picture tools to convert/rotate images, view/remove EXIF tags, adjust EXIF Date.
- Internal picture viewer for Jpg, Gif, Png, Bmp, Tiff and many RAW formats.
- Show movie information from IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes as extra columns on your movie files.
- Audio tools to view audio file properties, view and/or edit MP3 Tags.
- FTP viewed as a virtual filesystem (with SSL/TLS support).
- Browse network servers and shares.
Changes in Multi Commander 9.7.0 Build 2590 (April 26, 2020):
- New Language – Slovenian , created by Jadran Rudec
- CustomCommand MC.Run will now set the exitcode to $__CMDRESULT if WAIT option was used.
- Filesearch with date match had an UTC issue when comparing time
- FIXED – MultiScript command GetXXXXXXSelectedFileNames()/GetXXXXXSelectedPaths() functions now support theoption “IGNORE_FOCUS” that ignore fouce item if no items are selected.
- MultiScript command “NetWGET” tried to save to alternative when it should not.
- Fixed crash issue with WPD (Portable)
- Issue when copying from RESx/Flat view and selecting merge folders.
- 6 Stability Issues fixed
Changes in Multi Commander 9.6.1 Build 2582 (January 28, 2020):
- Added Last 10 matches from FindFiles are now shown in list during search
- Issue with findfiles dialog that stayed disabled.
- Command “Copy path to clipboard” failed for items on RESx:.
- 3 Stability Issues
Changes in Multi Commander 9.6.0 Build 2580 (January 18, 2020):
- Fixed 3 crash issues
- Fixed build system, Some modules was not build correct.
Changes in Multi Commander 9.5.3 Build 2578 (January 14, 2020):
- Video properties in columns
- Customize Tab font and width
- New Languge. Ukrainian. Created by Bohdan Kalynyak
- New MultiScript function ArrayToString(..)
- Fixed Icons issue
- 5 Stability issues fixed and some other fixes
Changes in Multi Commander 9.5.0 Build 2570 (December 30, 2019):
- ADDED – Possible to customzie the font that the tabs will use
- ADDED – Possible to limit tab size is with by size
- ADDED – Possible to limit tab size is with by characters
- ADDED – Video Properties for length,width,size,FPS,BR,FourCC (Using Windows Shell)
- ADDED – Customze Column list now support double click to remove or add items
- ADDED – Create MD5/SFV files now support subfolders, however if used, it will make them incompatible with most other checkers
- ADDED – New Language Ukrainian, Created by Bohdan Kalynyak
- ADDED – MultiScript – ArrayToString(arr, delimiter, escape yn) that take an array of string and combine them to a string with delimiters.
- FIXED – FindFiles windows enabled/disabled in another way so should work better for all now
- FIXED – Correct MCIcons.dll files so icons are now correct again.
- FIXED – 5 Stability Issues
Changes in Multi Commander 9.2.0 Build 2555 (November 7, 2019):
- WebDownload, new tool in tools menu that allow you to download file from URL and save to disk
- Rename folder to folder already existing and you will be asked to merge folders
- MultiDataViewer user profiles now works better
- Fixed various issues with virtual devices like RESx:
- Fixed issue with FTP and SSL/TLS
- Fixed progress window when using Correct folder date/time
- Ctrl+Return now works in virtual Devices (RESx:)
- Many Stability issues fixed and minor fixes
Changes in Multi Commander 9.0.0 Build 2532 (July 29, 2019):
- Redesign of how progress windows are show to get around Windows 10 bug
- FileSearch is using the new VirtualDevice for search result
- Google Drive is now detected and show in dropdown and device toolbar
- Session Tab limit now 70 instead of 10
- Added option to enable workaround for 7Zip drag and drop issue
- Fixed issue when selected overwrite if newer when doing move operation in same disk
- Fixed crash when aborting file copy during prepare phase
- Many Stability issues fixed and minor fixes
Homepage – https://multicommander.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Supported Languages: English, German, French, Russian, Swedish, Dutch, Czech and Japanese is supported.
Size: 7.21 MB