Multi Commander has a everything you need in your daily works with files to make your work fast and efficient. It has all the standard features like a file manager has like copy, move, rename, view.
But Multi Commander’s big strength is the special features that allow you to do advanced task with ease. Tasks such as Auto-unpacking, Auto-sorting, Browsing inside archives. Also it can edit the Windows Registry and access FTP. Furthermore it can search for and view files and pictures.
There is also powerful, built-in Scripting support that allows you automate many tasks and expand its functionality. And it allows you to do everything from the keyboard using shortcuts so that you can work quickly and efficiently.
Fast and Efficient File Management
- Dual pane tabbed interface. Work with multiple folders open.
- Caching that enable fast file browsing. Easily handle folders with many thousands of files.
- Browse with ease. Show files in Detailed, List, or Thumbnail modes. Use powerful filters to limit what you want to view.
- Background work for all tasks that take time to finish, allowing you to continue working without interruption.
- Fast Operation. Use the mouse and drag & drop or use quick keyboard commands for all tasks.
- Remember all your selections when you return from browsing another location in the filesystem.
- Browse archives (Zip, 7-Zip, Rar, Tar, gz, bz2 )
- Powerful and flexible file search.
- View and change file permissions. Take ownership of files.
- File Operation plug-ins can automatically sort or unpack files when they are moved or copied.
- MultiRename tool for the fast and safe renaming of multiple Files and Folders. Rule-based and supports Undo.
- File viewer that lets you view files of any size with minimal memory usage. View as ASCII/ Unicode/ UTF8/ Binary and Hex.
Customizable and Extensible
- Customize layout and colors to suit your styling needs.
- Powerful script engine allowing you to create scripts to automate tasks.
- Extensions and plug-ins that expand the functionality of Multi Commander.
- Open API for developers (SDK) to create extensions and plug-ins.
- Picture tools to convert/rotate images, view/remove EXIF tags, adjust EXIF Date.
- Internal picture viewer for Jpg, Gif, Png, Bmp, Tiff and many RAW formats.
- Show movie information from IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes as extra columns on your movie files.
- Audio tools to view audio file properties, view and/or edit MP3 Tags.
- FTP viewed as a virtual filesystem (with SSL/TLS support).
- Browse network servers and shares.
- ADDED – MultiScript function “GetApplicationArch()” that return the Application architecture 32 or 64
- ADDED – MultiScript function “GetSystemArch()” that return the OS architecture 32 or 64
- CHANGE- Ignore case is on by default for find content search
- FIXED – Filter/Advanced search option for matching extneded attributes like Symlink/Junction
- FIXED – Settings for Sort order for new tabs work now even if column order is customized
- FIXED – Fixed Parallell startup issue that happend rarly in some situations
- FIXED – Code cleanup and minor fixes
- FIXED – 15 Stability issues
Changes in Multi Commander 11.3.0 Build 2822 (2021-10-14):
- CHANGE – Copy/Move Progress dialog changed. Can now show Read/Write speed separately and some other changed.
- ADDED – Some parts of Startup is now run in parallel.
- ADDED – Support for Changing Config/Log/Userdata path from a special file
- ADDED – Support for redirecting some config files to another locations from a from a special file
- ADDED – FileType setup now support the Windows verb ‘Enqueue’
- ADDED – Path sent as parameter to multicommander now support “.” for current folder
- ADDED – Some part of startup process is now run in parallel.
- ADDED – Option to prevent Windows from autoscaling in MultiMontor setup with different monitor scaling.
- ADDED – Option to tweak how fast a refresh of the filesystem should happen when filesystem is changed
- ADDED – Setting for gridline line type.
- ADDED – Mouse command ‘Go to parent folder’ for Mouse configuration
- FIXED – Changing Attributes/Datetime on items in RESx: virtual device now works.
- FIXED – Improved navigation when filelist is in ListView mode.
- FIXED – Home/End keys issue in some edit fields.
- FIXED – Overwrite Readonly files issue when unpacking zip archive
- FIXED – 10 Stability issues
Changes in Multi Commander 11.2.0 Build 2795 (2021-07-04):
- ADDED – Paste File/Folder name from clipboard into explorer panel and focus will move to that file/folder
- ADDED – Hold Ctrl while pressing Menu > File > Exit to suppress confirm dialog
- ADDED – MultiScript function StrRFind now support offset parameter, this parameter is at what position the reverse scan should start
- ADDED – Can now configure different gridlines colors for horizontal and vertical gridlines
- ADDED – New language Bulgarian, create by Lyuben Penchev
- ADDED – Added new command to open folder in new tab or in other panel
- ADDED – MultiCommander part in shell menu now show a command for “Open in New Tab” / “New Tab Other Panel”
- ADDED – If ExplorerPanel config is corrupt when starting a messagebox is now shown asking if it should reset that file.
- ADDED – During startup MC verify extensions. This process is now done in parallel to improve startup speed.
- ADDED – Tabs can be have delayed update. They are not updated during startup. This can be disabled in settings.
- ADDED – UI Panel for the FreeSpace Field and the icons after it are rebuilt. A ExplorerPanel tab UI will now be created faster. Look should be identical with before.
- ADDED – Add Warning and user settings to warn if multiple files are selected when doing edit operation.
- CHANGE – Internal changes to Explorer Panel status bar now it is build. Now using another UI panel.
- CHANGE – Did lots of code cleanup in reading the settings.
- FIXED – Problem browsing registry
- FIXED – Crash issue with VideoTool Extension
- FIXED – Connect to FTP bookmarks now works again
- FIXED – FTP Device now has icon on high dpi display again
- FIXED – Minor optimizations in various places
- FIXED – Missing updated language packas
- FIXED – Right click on Show/Hide Hidden files icon now works again
- FIXED – Get Filename of folder with dots sometimes cut of the last dot part, Like it was a file extension
- FIXED – Copy fileitems with date to clipboard the date was UTC and not local time
- FIXED – WPD: (Portable device) – Now works better when getting disconnected. Will to a refresh and clear view better
- FIXED – Top margin for main toolbar is correct
- FIXED – ExplorerPanel loading a corrupted config file showed error dialog behind splash screen at startup
- FIXED – 5 Stability Issues
Homepage – https://multicommander.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Supported Languages: English, German, French, Russian, Swedish, Dutch, Czech and Japanese is supported.
Size: 7.81 MB