Moreover, the software includes Virtual-Aware Defragmentation, supports VMware ESX Server and Microsoft’s Hyper-V. In addition, support for Windows 10, and Home Edition.
PerfectDisk 14 ensures the smarter optimization for all your disk drives, so you can work and play faster, while reducing the use of CPU and disk I/O resources to save on energy costs. An important factor in faster PC performance is a thorough boot time defrag.
Raxco PerfectDisk 14 advanced boot time defrag capability is able to defragment files that otherwise would remain fragmented. Such as the Windows pagefile.sys or the file system’s MFT (Master File Table).
PerfectDisk 14 ensures faster downloads, web browsing and file access, better photo and video editing, smoother PC gaming and optimal streaming media performance.
Raxco PerfectDisk 14 Features:
- 20% faster HDD and SSD optimization
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, Windows 7, Vista and XP optimization
- Increased flexbility in customizable scheduling
- Enhanced SSD recommendations and reporting
- Efficient fragmentation prevention
- Intelligent usage-based filing strategy
- Automatic background optimization
- Advanced boot time defrag
- Selected files defrag
- S.M.A.R.T. monitoring of physical drives
PerfectDisk 14 OptiWrite technology
Prevents most fragmentation on your drive before it occurs, which keeps your system from slowing down. OptiWrite detects when Windows is going to fragment files and intelligently redirects I/O to stop the fragmentation from occuring. System performance is maintained and the need to utilize CPU and Disk I/O resources to defragment files is greatly reduced.
Intelligent Hard Drive Optimization.
For the limited fragmentation that can still occur, PerfectDisk 14’s patented SMARTPlacement optimization strategy optimizes disk drives according to your unique usage patterns. SMARTPlacement results in:
- the most consolidated free space available,
- the elimination of most fragmentation before it occurs, and a reduced rate of re-fragmentation.
Safely Optimize SSDs.
PerfectDisk 14’s SSD Optimize feature is an optimization method for SSDs that focuses on free space consolidation without defragmentation of files. Solid State Drives are not affected by file fragmentation like traditional electromechanical disk drives but free space fragmentation is a problem for SSD performance. As such, SSD Optimize will leave files on the SSD in a fragmented state while consolidating fragmented free space.
Automatic Background Optimization.
PerfectDisk’s exclusive StealthPatrol tab is used to set automatic fragmentation prevention and optimize your system when it isn’t busy. Auto-optimization affords you the flexibility to optimize your system when it is idle or when the Windows screensaver is active. StealthPatrol also provides the flexibility to run or not run during certain periods of the day. Or when a user-defined application is running. No other defrag or optimization utility proves this level of flexibility.
PerfectDisk runs when you want it to – one-time, daily, weekly, and in screensaver or idle mode. It allows you to prevent background optimization from running on certain days, times or when a specified application is running.
PerfectDisk’s Space Management allows you to recover and manage disk space so that your drive remains clutter-free:
- Detects and removes duplicate files
- Purges the Recycle bin
- Removes temporary files
The Space Reports feature allows you to view graphical and statistical reports of file usage and allocation.
Changes in PerfectDisk 14.0 Build 895:
- Improved detection of SSD drives.
- Improved display on high resolution/DPI monitors.
- Improved detection of S.M.A.R.T. enabled drives.
- Duplicate File Finder excludes InstantRecovery/InstantRescue, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and Apple Drive folders.
- Fixed graph display of drive temperature in S.M.A.R.T. Advanced Mode (graph would show impossibly high temperatures).
Changes in PerfectDisk 14.0 Build 894:
- Automatically fix/replace missing registry keys caused by major Windows Updates not migrating all PerfectDisk related registry keys.
- SSL Connection issues connecting to vCenter Server 6.7 fixed (PerfectDisk vSphere).
Homepage – https://www.perfectdisk.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 39.5 MB