Hardwipe is the File Wiper and Drive Cleaner. This data sanitization utility is designed to permanently erase, or to “hard wipe”, data on disk and portable storage media to prevent personal and sensitive business information from being recovered later.
It can wipe entire drives, wipe files individually, and sanitize unused drive space.
You can either run Hardwipe as a standalone application from Start Menu, you can use it from within Windows Explorer by right-clicking on file system items and selecting the appropriate Hardwipe menu command.
The program supports a range of data sanitization schemes in use common use throughout government agencies around the world.
Does not contain spyware or malware. It will not populate your desktop with pop-up ads and can be uninstalled easily.
Hardwipe lets you do the following:
- Easily wipe entire drives and portable devices.
- Wipe individual files or clean empty drive space of remanent data.
- Right-click within Windows Explorer for Hardwipe commands.
Features also include:
- Efficient – It is fast in comparison other data wiping software.
- Intelligent use of disk cache allows your computer to remain responsive during lengthy disk operations.
- Automatic computer shutdown when wiping is complete.
- Supports all major data wiping schemes, including: GOST R 50739-95, DOD 5220.22-M, Schneier and Gutmann.
Planned short-term features also include:
- Wiping of the contents of the Recycle Bin.
- Ability to clear the computer swap-file.
Supported Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
Changes in version 5.2.1:
- Bug Fix: Hardwipe Commander did not display some non-Latin characters properly.
- Bug Fix: Hardwipe Commander did not handle wild-card characters properly if not directory was specified.
Homepage – http://www.hardwipe.com
Size: 9.67 MB