Password Depot is a powerful and very user-friendly password manager which helps to organize all of your passwords. Moreover, for instance, information from your credit cards or software licenses.
The software provides security for your passwords in three respects. It safely stores your passwords, guarantees you a secure data use and helps you to have secure passwords.
However, Password Depot does not only guarantee security. It also stand for convenient use, high customizability, marked flexibility in interaction with other devices. And, last but not last, extreme functional versatility. From now on you will need to remember only one single password. That is the password which you use to open Password Depot.
Your passwords are protected from external access to the best possible extent due to double encryption with AES (Rijndael 256).
The program is very easy to use and spares you a lot of work. You can configure Password Depot individually and in this way adapt it precisely to your needs. It is able to work together with a range of other applications, flexibly and without problems.
You can not only save your passwords locally, but also on a USB device, mobile phone, in the network or on an FTP server. With Password Depot Server you can manage password files in the network to use them together in a team.
Safe Password Storage:
- Best possible encryption. In Password Depot, your information is encrypted not merely once but in fact twice. Thanks to the algorithm AES or Rijndael 256.
- Double protection. You can secure your passwords files twice. To start with, you select a master password that has to be entered in order to be able to open the file. Additionally, you can choose to protect your data by means of a key file that must be uploaded to open the file.
- Protection against brute-force attacks. After every time the master password is entered incorrectly, the program is locked for three seconds.
- Lock function. This function locks your program and thereby denies unauthorized access to your passwords.
- Backup copies. Password Depot generates backup copies of your passwords files. The backups may be stored optionally on FTP servers on the Internet (also via SFTP) or on external hard drives.
Secure Data Use:
- Protection from keylogging. All password fields within the program are internally protected against different types of interception of keystrokes (Key Logging). This disables that your sensible data entries can be spied out.
- Traceless Memory. Dealing with your passwords, Password Depot does not leave any traces in your PC’s working memory. Therefore, even a hacker sitting directly at your computer and searching through its memory dumps cannot find any passwords.
- Clipboard protection. Automatically detects any active clipboard viewers and masks its changes to the keyboard. After performing auto-complete, all sensitive data is automatically cleared from the clipboard.
- Virtual keyboard. The ultimate protection against keylogging. With this tool you can enter your master password or other confidential information without even touching the keyboard.
- Fake mouse cursors. Typing, using the program’s virtual keyboard, you can also set the program to show multiple fake mouse cursors instead of your usual single cursor. This additionally makes it impossible to discern your keyboard activities.
- Uncrackable passwords. The integrated Password Generator creates virtually uncrackable passwords for you.
- Verified password quality. Let Password Depot check your passwords’ quality and security! Intelligent algorithms will peruse your passwords and warn you against ‘weak’ passwords which you can subsequently replace with the help of the Passwords Generator.
- Password policies. You can define basic security requirements that must be met by all passwords which are added or modified. For instance, you can specify the passwords’ minimum length and the characters contained therein.
- Security warnings. Password Depot contains a list of warnings which always keep an eye on your passwords’ security. For instance, the program warns you in case you use the unsafe FTP protocol and in this case advices you to use SFTP instead.
- Protection against dictionary attacks. An important warning in case you are using unsafe passwords.
- Warning against password expiry. You can set Password Depot to warn you before your passwords expire, for instance before the expiry date of your credit card.
- User-friendly interface. It is similar to that of Windows Explorer. This allows you to effectively navigate through your password lists and to quickly find any password.
- Auto-completion. Automatically fills in your password data into websites opened within the common browsers. This function runs via an internal setting on the one hand, and via so called Browser Add-ons on the other hand.
- Automatic recognition. You can set the program to automatically recognize which password information corresponds to the website you have called up and to then pre-select this password entry for you.
- Direct opening of websites. This spares you the hassle of having to manually copy website addresses and then paste them into your browser.
- Usage via mouse click. Access your password information super easily via simple clicks with your mouse cursor.
- Hotkeys. Pasword Depot features keyboard shortcuts for regularly commands in Windows (“Hotkeys”).
- Server module. Enables several users to access the same passwords simultaneously. Accessing password files may run either via a local network or via the Internet.
- USB stick. You can copy both your password files and the program Password Depot itself onto a USB stick.
- Cloud devices. Password Depot supports web services, among them GoogleDrive, Microsoft SkyDrive and Dropbox. In this way, Password Depot enables you to quickly and easily enter the Cloud!
- Password files on the Web. You can optionally deposit your encrypted password files on the Internet. To access, you can use the protocols HTTP, HTTPS, FTP or SFTP as required
- TAN support. In this way, it facilitates the life of all of those users that refer to online banking, securely storing their sensible banking data.
- URL placeholders. You can replace any number of characters by placeholders, namely an asterisk (*) by entering URLs into Password Depot. By using this symbol, you can thus match several URLs to a single password entry instead of having to enter one entry for each URL.
Changes in Password Depot 15.0.0 (August 10, 2020):
- Improved search function with support of logical operators and relations.
- Improved and extended automatic filling: Now the password or username can be inserted directly into a field via shortcut keys.
- Support of window docking and arrangement under Windows via menu and shortcuts.
- New option for showing/hiding expired entries in the list and/or search results.
- Completely redesigned icons: Now you can choose between colored and monochrome icons.
- Improved themes and support for HighDPI.
- Categories now also available for all entry types.
- User-defined sorting can now also be performed via Draq & Drop.
- A message is displayed to users if their database has been opened by the Enterprise server in offline mode. This can also be deactivated via Options -› Warnings.
- A message is displayed to users who have logged on to the Enterprise server but have not been assigned databases by the admin.
- The Comments field in the properties of an entry now fills the entire lower part of the dialog box for better readability.
- New custom mouse cursors for actions like autofill or suggest a password.
- After exporting databases, they can now optionally be displayed in Windows Explorer.
- The sequence of global user-defined fields can now also be set manually.
- User-defined fields are now available in all entries.
- User-defined symbol now also selectable for document type.
- IBAN fields in the Banking and Credit Card types are now displayed more legibly.
- The entry “EC Card” was renamed to “Banking” and further improvements of this type were made.
- The arrangement of elements in the password generator has been improved.
- The function Delete external files has been optimized and notes have been summarized.
Changes in Password Depot 14.0.5 (March 30, 2020):
- Improved initialization of program settings on the client.
- New option for automatic background synchronization with the Enterprise Server when reconnected.
- Several bugs and user interface problems were fixed.
Changes in Password Depot 14.0.4 (March 6, 2020):
- Major revision of the French and Spanish user interface translation.
- Corporate Edition: After the first installation only the connection to Password Depot Enterprise Server is available.
- Various bug fixes on the user interface.
Changes in Password Depot 14.0.3 (February 18, 2020):
- Improved handling of unexpected disconnections to Password Depot Enterprise Server.
- Fixed the problem of creating multiple versions of the same file during upload to the Dropbox Cloud.
- Several graphical and textual issues in the user interface were fixed.
- Minor errors were fixed.
Changes in Password Depot 14.0.2 (February 10, 2020):
- Updated Google Drive functionality (update to Google API v3).
- Fixed problems with the automatic hiding of the top bar when using a non-standard theme.
- Improved functionality for password strength estimation.
- Fixed several minor text and user interface issues.
Changes in Password Depot 14.0.1 (January 31, 2020):
- Bugs with drop-down lists in the top bar were fixed.
- Various improvements and fixes to the user interface.
Changes in Password Depot 14.0.0 (January 27, 2020):
- New encryption methods and key derivation functions with increased security have been introduced.
- Support of WebDAV protocol for Internet servers was implemented.
- Added support of multiple cloud servers via WebDAV protocol including Magenta Cloud, GMX MediaCenter, WEB.DE Online-Storage, freenet Cloud, Strato HiDrive, pCloud, Yandex Disk, and others.
- Added options for automatic cleaning of the Recycle Bin.
- Improved synchronization of databases.
- Multiple enhancements in the user interface.
- Installer command line options for default database and connection settings.
- Support of several user interface themes.
- Improved search functionality.
- Video tutorial for quick start with Password Depot.
- New entry type: TeamViewer.
- Support of 64 bit architecture.
- Optional password for protected connections from external extensions.
- Improved settings for printing.
- Extended settings for PuTTY entries.
- Numerous other improvements and optimizations!
Changes in Password Depot 12.0.10 (December 10, 2019):
- Fixed errors of using server databases in offline mode.
- Fixed an error regarding synchronization of offline databases with server.
- Several other minor errors and user interface issues were corrected.
Changes in Password Depot 12.0.9 (September 19, 2019):
- Fixed a problem loading local policies in the Corporate Edition client.
- Improved clipboard history handling on some Windows 10 systems.
- Some other minor bugs and text problems have been fixed.
Homepage – https://www.password-depot.de
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
Size: 20.9 MB