Password Depot is a powerful and very user-friendly password manager which helps to organize all of your passwords. Moreover, for instance, information from your credit cards or software licenses.
The software provides security for your passwords in three respects. It safely stores your passwords, guarantees you a secure data use and helps you to have secure passwords.
However, Password Depot does not only guarantee security. It also stand for convenient use, high customizability, marked flexibility in interaction with other devices. And, last but not last, extreme functional versatility. From now on you will need to remember only one single password. That is the password which you use to open Password Depot.
Your passwords are protected from external access to the best possible extent due to double encryption with AES (Rijndael 256).
The program is very easy to use and spares you a lot of work. You can configure Password Depot individually and in this way adapt it precisely to your needs. It is able to work together with a range of other applications, flexibly and without problems.
You can not only save your passwords locally, but also on a USB device, mobile phone, in the network or on an FTP server. With Password Depot Server you can manage password files in the network to use them together in a team.
Safe Password Storage:
- Best possible encryption. In Password Depot, your information is encrypted not merely once but in fact twice. Thanks to the algorithm AES or Rijndael 256.
- Double protection. You can secure your passwords files twice. To start with, you select a master password that has to be entered in order to be able to open the file. Additionally, you can choose to protect your data by means of a key file that must be uploaded to open the file.
- Protection against brute-force attacks. After every time the master password is entered incorrectly, the program is locked for three seconds.
- Lock function. This function locks your program and thereby denies unauthorized access to your passwords.
- Backup copies. Password Depot generates backup copies of your passwords files. The backups may be stored optionally on FTP servers on the Internet (also via SFTP) or on external hard drives.
Secure Data Use:
- Protection from keylogging. All password fields within the program are internally protected against different types of interception of keystrokes (Key Logging). This disables that your sensible data entries can be spied out.
- Traceless Memory. Dealing with your passwords, Password Depot does not leave any traces in your PC’s working memory. Therefore, even a hacker sitting directly at your computer and searching through its memory dumps cannot find any passwords.
- Clipboard protection. Automatically detects any active clipboard viewers and masks its changes to the keyboard. After performing auto-complete, all sensitive data is automatically cleared from the clipboard.
- Virtual keyboard. The ultimate protection against keylogging. With this tool you can enter your master password or other confidential information without even touching the keyboard.
- Fake mouse cursors. Typing, using the program’s virtual keyboard, you can also set the program to show multiple fake mouse cursors instead of your usual single cursor. This additionally makes it impossible to discern your keyboard activities.
- Uncrackable passwords. The integrated Password Generator creates virtually uncrackable passwords for you.
- Verified password quality. Let Password Depot check your passwords’ quality and security! Intelligent algorithms will peruse your passwords and warn you against ‘weak’ passwords which you can subsequently replace with the help of the Passwords Generator.
- Password policies. You can define basic security requirements that must be met by all passwords which are added or modified. For instance, you can specify the passwords’ minimum length and the characters contained therein.
- Security warnings. Password Depot contains a list of warnings which always keep an eye on your passwords’ security. For instance, the program warns you in case you use the unsafe FTP protocol and in this case advices you to use SFTP instead.
- Protection against dictionary attacks. An important warning in case you are using unsafe passwords.
- Warning against password expiry. You can set Password Depot to warn you before your passwords expire, for instance before the expiry date of your credit card.
- User-friendly interface. It is similar to that of Windows Explorer. This allows you to effectively navigate through your password lists and to quickly find any password.
- Auto-completion. Automatically fills in your password data into websites opened within the common browsers. This function runs via an internal setting on the one hand, and via so called Browser Add-ons on the other hand.
- Automatic recognition. You can set the program to automatically recognize which password information corresponds to the website you have called up and to then pre-select this password entry for you.
- Direct opening of websites. This spares you the hassle of having to manually copy website addresses and then paste them into your browser.
- Usage via mouse click. Access your password information super easily via simple clicks with your mouse cursor.
- Hotkeys. Pasword Depot features keyboard shortcuts for regularly commands in Windows (“Hotkeys”).
- Server module. Enables several users to access the same passwords simultaneously. Accessing password files may run either via a local network or via the Internet.
- USB stick. You can copy both your password files and the program Password Depot itself onto a USB stick.
- Cloud devices. Password Depot supports web services, among them GoogleDrive, Microsoft SkyDrive and Dropbox. In this way, Password Depot enables you to quickly and easily enter the Cloud!
- Password files on the Web. You can optionally deposit your encrypted password files on the Internet. To access, you can use the protocols HTTP, HTTPS, FTP or SFTP as required
- TAN support. In this way, it facilitates the life of all of those users that refer to online banking, securely storing their sensible banking data.
- URL placeholders. You can replace any number of characters by placeholders, namely an asterisk (*) by entering URLs into Password Depot. By using this symbol, you can thus match several URLs to a single password entry instead of having to enter one entry for each URL.
Changes in Password Depot 12.0.6 (May 17, 2019):
- Added a warning when moving non-empty folders in databases.
- A new attribute “Author” has been added to capture the name of the users who create or change an entry.
- Improved deletion of objects in server databases.
- Various other improvements and bug fixes.
Changes in Password Depot 12.0.0 (January 28, 2019):
- Improved and modernized user interface.
- Improved performance on large databases with thousands of entries.
- New trial and freeware mode: The trial now works for 30 days without any restrictions. The freeware now has only one limitation: It can only be used with databases with max. 20 entries.
- Improved and reworked browser addons.
- Reworked password strength estimation with details on how the result was calculated.
- Reminder that the beginner mode is used to switch with reference to the expert mode.
- New actions for selected folders, such as search, print or export.
- Search results, Favorites or any folder can now optionally be exported as well.
- New entry type ‘PuTTy connection’ with support of protected sign-on.
- Revised database cleanup dialog box.
- The “Advanced Search” now also allows to search for entries with “History” and “Attachments”.
- Offline mode: Databases from the Enterprise Server can now be conveniently used in the new offline mode, i.e. when the connection to the server is disconnected. If the connection to the server is renewed, an automatic synchronization takes place.
- New option to start the application with a time delay.
- Import options from numerous other password managers, as well as from old Password Depot databases themselves.
- Revised and improved online help.
- Assigned tags for better filtering of database entries.
- Options for displaying user name and password of the selected entry in Topbar.
- Improved Update Manager: Existing updates can now be installed with a single click.
Functionality available during Q1, 2019
- Tutorial video at first program start for new users.
- New area for displaying program notifications and events.
- Redesigned dialog box for synchronizing of two databases.
- Account Manager for Cloud Accounts.
- New Storage Location: WebDav
- The Annotations field and the Information type can contain HTML formatting code.
- Unnecessary entry types (e.g. “Information” or “Credit Card”) can now be hidden.
- Ability to securely delete files after inserting them as type “Document”
- Improved navigation in TAN lists from the top bar.
Homepage – https://www.password-depot.com
Size: 16.6 MB