Jetico Personal Firewall protects your computer from unwanted hacker’s attacks from outside as well as from malicious programs “living” secretly inside your computer’s memory and hard drive. There are the three levels of protection: low-level network packets filtering, application-level network events filtering and filtering of user-level process activity.
Jetico Personal Firewall checks every packet that comes in or out of your computer. Using configuration sets for Security Policy you define how your computer is connected to the local network and the whole Internet.
Your computer may be completely hidden from any unfriendly attempts to access your hard drive while you are able to access any web sites you want and you decide on which applications are allowed to access Internet and which are not. With Jetico Personal Firewall you feel secure, safe and protected while enjoying all Internet activities.
The Jetico Personal Firewall software allows the user:
- Protect computer from both inbound hackers’ attacks from network as well as from unwished network access attempts performed by malicious software.
- Choose a pre-defined Security Policy.
- Edit existing Security Policy.
- Create own Security Policy (i.e. the firewall rule set configuration).
- Monitor running applications that access network.
- Monitor selected/all the network packets as well as selected network events.
New features in Jetico Personal Firewall 2:
- System-related. Jetico Personal Firewall 2 runs as privileged Windows service. It can protect computer before user logon. Native support for Windows XP Fast User Switching and Terminal Services. Jetico Personal Firewall supports Access Control Lists for all main functions. Administrator can configure ACL to grant access to particular firewall functions for any user or group. Windows XP Service Pack 2 Security Center support.
- User interface. Improved rule editing interface. New popup message. The new look for popup dialog. You will able to modify the popup message text and rule creation options. Firewall variables formerly controlled by Configuration Wizard, are integrated into main application window. Language file support for easy localization. All translatable words and phrases are taken from single UTF-8 encoded text file.
- Configuration. New XML-based open configuration file format. Detailed documentation is available upon request. The new version maintains single protected firewall configuration for all users. Simplified controls for configuration. New hash handling scheme. Separate table for hash checking. Each firewall filtering layer has own root table. Supportes the new automatic variables (per-connection) for local connections.
- Firewall rules. Rules support lists of parameters where possible. IP rules support IP address ranges. Low level protocol rules support filtering by MAC address. Application rules have events for direct and indirect access to network. Indirect access details are also available. New module for hash checking created. Application, Process attack and Hash checking rules support wildcards in file paths.
- Logging subsystem. Log entries associated with rule. Firewall can create rule based on log information. New WELF-compatible text log format. WELF is supported by many log analyzers. Improved log control.
Changes in Jetico Personal Firewall 126.96.36.199 | 25-February-2015:
- Improved drivers’ stability.
Homepage – https://www.jetico.com/
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 3.73 MB
Download Jetico Personal Firewall 188.8.131.52 – freeware for Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP