Jetico BestCrypt Data Encryption system provides the most comprehensive and easy-to-use secure data storage and access control facilities available.
This data encryption method by Jetico software uses encryption algorithms known world-wide. And provides unparalleled protection against unauthorized data access. BestCrypt is easy to install, easy to use and totally transparent for application programs.
Your data is BestCrypt’s only concern, and it enhances your basic right to keep documents, commercial proprietary knowledge, and private information, in a confidential fashion.
Once written to a BestCrypt file (container), data is never stored in an ‘open’ condition. Yet BestCrypt’s smooth operation and complete transparency allow any authorized user to get instant access to the data.
The advanced data encryption and authorization technology provides a new level of security. With standard, proven and published cryptographic algorithms, safe password input, and transparent encryption. This program creates and supports encrypted virtual disks, which are visible as regular disks with corresponding drive letters. For example, D:, K:, Z:, i.e.
- AES (Rijndael) – 256-bit key.
- Blowfish – 448-bit key.
- CAST – 128-bit key.
- GOST 28147-89 – 256-bit key.
- RC6 – 256-bit key.
- Serpent – 256-bit key.
- Triple-Des – 168-bit key.
- Twofish – 256-bit key.
The data stored on a BestCrypt disk is stored in the container file. A container is a file, so it is possible to backup a container, move or copy it to other disk (CD-ROM or network, for instance) and continue to access your encrypted data using BestCrypt.
Any free drive letter in the system you may use to mount and to open an encrypted file-container for access. As well, with BestCrypt you can mount file-container as a subfolder on NTFS disk. When the virtual disk is opened, you can read and write data as if it were a conventional removable disk.
BestCrypt provides users with a higher security level as well as with a set of new functions. Besides, there are several ways of encrypting data:
- Storing encrypted data in containers and accessing the data through virtual drives (as earlier versions of the software do);
- Encrypting set of files into a single compressed and, if needed, self-extracting archive
- Encrypting and accessing transparently whole Windows partitions/volumes
Changes in BestCrypt Container Encryption 9.04.2 | 22-December-2020:
- Improved compatibility with PGP public/secret keys.
Changes in BestCrypt Container Encryption 9.04 | 31-August-2020:
- Updated BCWipe modules.
Changes in BestCrypt Container Encryption 9.04.00 | 12-February-2020:
- Improved performance by optimizing encryption operations and disk I/O in the driver.
- Fixed occasional BSOD when mounting two containers simultaneously.
Changes in BestCrypt Container Encryption 9.03.22.1 | 06-January-2019:
- Updated BCWipe modules.
Changes in BestCrypt Container Encryption 9.03.22 | 24-December-2019 :
- Improved ‘Registration’ procedure.
Changes in BestCrypt Container Encryption 9.03.21.1 | 17-October-2019:
- Ready for Windows 10’s November 2019 Update (19H2)
Changes in BestCrypt Container Encryption 9.03.21 | 09-September-2019:
- Updated AutoUpdate utility
Homepage – https://www.jetico.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 28.8 MB