Folder Guard is a powerful computer security program that you can use to control access to files, folders, and other Windows resources, such as Control Panel, Start Menu, and so on.
You can use Folder Guard to lock your personal files and folders with passwords, to stop other users from peeking into your records.
Also you can even completely hide your private folders from virtually all applications, and such folders would remain invisible until you enter a valid password.
Protect sensitive system files from modification or destruction. Disable access to the removable drives. Restrict access to Control Panel, and more.
Furthermore, you can protect with password virtually any folder or file. That allows only authorized users to open the protected files or folders.
You can protect an unlimited number of files and folders, each with its own password. Or you can use the Master Password of Folder Guard to unprotect them all at once.
What you can do with Folder Guard:
- Hide folders from prying eyes
- Hide files without encrypting them
- Lock files and folders with passwords
- Use Quick Start Wizard of Folder Guard
- Restrict access to Control Panel and other resources
- Set up user-specific restrictions
- Prevent users from installing unauthorized programs
- Prevent users from running programs from the removable disks
- Restrict downloading programs from the Internet with Internet Explorer
- and more
Changes in Folder Guard 19.4 (April 4, 2019):
This update offers several improvements and corrections:
- Each password-protected folder can now have an unlimited number of different passwords. (Previously, the limit was 4 passwords per folder.)
- A new command, Lock all unlocked shared folders, has been added to the right-click menu of the notification icon of Folder Guard.
- The text of the command Locked all unlocked folders on the main prompt of Folder Guard has been changed to Lock all folders I’ve unlocked to better reflect the scope of this command.
- A problem has been corrected that in some situations, when unlocking a shared folder from another computer, caused Folder Guard to report that protection was not enabled on the remote computer.
- Several other minor improvements and corrections have been made.
Homepage – http://www.winability.com/folderguard/
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP – Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 6.36 MB