Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 contains many new and exciting features and IDE productivity enhancements to support Windows app development, cross-platform mobile development, Azure development, web and cloud development, and more.
Now, you and your teams will become more productive in building current and future projects as you benefit from the innovation in the IDE that makes every keystroke count.
Whether you’re new to coding or ready for your next project, Visual Studio 2019 streamlines your experience so you can get right down to focused work. You’ll find more screen space for your code and you can search for anything from one place. You can keep your code tidy with one-click code clean-up. When you’re debugging, you’ll notice better stepping performance and you’ll get search capabilities within the Autos, Locals, and Watch windows to quickly find that elusive object or value.
Visual Studio provides cutting-edge tools and technologies to create apps that take advantage of the latest platform capabilities, whether Windows, Android, iOS, or Linux. It also targets earlier platforms so you can create new apps or modernize existing apps that execute on earlier versions of Windows while leveraging the enhanced development tools, quality enablement, and team collaboration capabilities in Visual Studio 2019.
Visual Studio 2019 Support for .NET Development
Visual Studio 2019 supports development of apps that use any of the .NET implementations. Among the workloads and project types, you can find support for NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono, .NET Native for Universal Windows Platform (UWP), C#, F#, and Visual Basic
Support for Android Development
Visual Studio 2019 enables you to build native Android apps using Xamarin and C# or using C++. The Visual Studio Tools for Unity and the Unreal Engine enable Android game development. You can also use Visual Studio for Mac to build Android apps using a Mac.
Use Visual Studio setup to easily obtain the Android SDK and Android API levels 19, 21, 22, and 23. Download additional API levels separately using the Android SDK Manager. You can also use Visual Studio Setup to obtain the Android Native Development Kit (R10E), Java SE Development Kit, and Apache Ant.
Support for Linux Development
Visual Studio 2019 enables you to build and debug apps for Linux using C++, Python, and Node.js. Creating C++ apps for Linux requires the Visual C++ for Linux Development extension. Creating apps with Python or Node,js, requires that you enable remote debugging on the target Linux machine. You can also create, build and remote debug .NET Core and ASP.NET Core applications for Linux using modern languages such as C#, VB and F#.
Support for macOS Development
Visual Studio 2019 enables you to build console applications and ASP.NET applications that target macOS. However, debugging is not supported. For additional macOS development tools choices, try Visual Studio Code or Visual Studio for Mac. Visual Studio Code provides a streamlined, extensible developer tool experience for macOS. Visual Studio for Mac provides a feature-rich IDE that enables you to build native macOS apps, including ASP.NET, using C#.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 Features:
Write code with fewer errors
Type variables quickly and accurately, using IntelliSense code suggestions if you get stuck. Maintain speed no matter the complexity as you navigate to any file, type, member, or symbol declaration you need. Make quick improvements to your code using lightbulbs that suggest actions such as renaming a function or adding a parameter.
Learn more about your code
CodeLens helps you easily find important insight such as what changes have been made to your code, the impact of those changes, and whether your method has been unit tested. See references, authors, tests, commit history, and other essential information at a glance.
Quickly find and fix your bugs
Visual Studio lets you pause code execution the moment you want to inspect a bug, using the breakpoint and method you need. If you’ve taken one step too far or encountered an unexpected change, you can step back to any specific line of code – no need to restart your session or recreate your state.
Easily navigate and organize your test suite so you can analyze how much code you’re testing and see results instantly. Immediately know the impact of every change you make, letting advanced features test code as you type. Fix errors as soon as they happen and see if new changes are covered by existing tests.
Share more than screens
Lead your team with quick and natural collaboration using Live Share to edit and debug together in real time, no matter the language or platform. Personalize your session with access controls and custom editor settings that enforce consistent coding styles for everyone.
Build for the cloud
Get up and running quickly using templates for common application types and local Azure emulators–no need for an Azure account. You can also provision application dependencies such as Azure SQL databases and Azure Storage accounts without leaving Visual Studio. Quickly diagnose any issues using Visual Studio’s remote debugger, which attaches directly to your application.
- Attach to iis prompt to attach multiple times.
- WPF applications broken after FW 4.8 update.
- installing typescript 3.3 disables version 2.2 compilation.
- Unable to attach debugger when attaching multiple startup projects on Visual Studio 2019.
- Known issue: Application tab of VB project property pages is broken when isntalling the .NET Framework 4.8 Developer Pack.
- Visual Studio extensions may fail to install attempting to overwrite core NuGet files.
- microsoft.diagnosticshub.dotnetobjectalloc.vsix missing from offline installer.
- Improved IntelliSense performance for C++ files
- Local development with many common emulators
- Simplified test access in Solution Explorer
- Git management and repo creation in the IDE
- Kubernetes support now included in Microsoft Azure workload
Homepage – https://www.visualstudio.com
Visual Studio 2019 System Requirements:
The following products support the minimum system requirements below:
- Visual Studio Enterprise 2019
- Visual Studio Professional 2019
- Visual Studio Community 2019
- Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Office Integration 2019
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 version 1703 or higher: Home, Professional, Education, and Enterprise (LTSC and S are not supported)
- Windows Server 2019: Standard and Datacenter
- Windows Server 2016: Standard and Datacenter
- Windows 8.1 (with Update 2919355): Core, Professional, and Enterprise
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (with Update 2919355): Essentials, Standard, Datacenter
- Windows 7 SP1 (with latest Windows Updates): Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate
Size: 1.26 MB