With its clear layout and powerful project and workspace features, it can handle complex and sophisticated software development projects.
This IDM product is flexible and easy to customize, handles files in excess of 4GB. And the polished user interface provides easy access to the most important options.
UltraEdit is used across a diverse range of industries. From professional writers, researchers and journalists to advanced programmers, database managers and web developers.
Scores of individuals use UltraEdit as a powerful replacement for windows notepad and even more use it as a text editor. Because of its ability to handle multiple documents at once, large file handling, powerful search/find/replace functionality, spell checking versatility and much more.
UltraEdit Key Features:
- Easily open and edit large files – 4 GB and beyond!
- Multi-caret editing and multi-select
- Column (block) mode editing
- Powerful search. Find and replace in files, regular expressions, inverse search, etc.
- File compare
- Code syntax highlighting for nearly any programming language
- Code folding and hierarchical function listing
- Beautify and reformat source code
- Powerful XML handling. XML tree view, reformatting, validation, etc.
- Auto-closing XML/HTML tags
- Smart templates – automatic intelligent code completion
- Editor themes – skin the entire app
- Powerful and configurable tools
- File and data sorting
- Integrated FTP client (supports FTP, SFTP, and FTPS)
- Integrated SSH/telnet client
- Filtered spell checker
- Unicode/UTF-8 support
- Split/duplicate window editing
- Hex editing
- Macros and scripts for automated editing
- CSV data reformatting
- Log file polling
- File encryption and decryption
- Integrated Ctags (symbols listing)
- Base64 encode/decode
- Project support
- Robust bookmarking
- Internal improvements for multi-segmented edit control
- Progress bar (in status bar) for large parsing / edit operations
- Ability to immediately cancel long-running operations via ESC, including:
- Find / quick find
- Ctrl + Home / Ctrl + End
- File open â€“ cancel opening a huge file, or a large number of files
- Convert CSV / fixed width
- Convert tabs to spaces / spaces to tabs
- Convert line ends / wrap
- Reformat XML / JSON
- Reindent / reformat
Homepage – https://www.ultraedit.com
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- macOS systems 10.9 (Mavericks) and later, with support for Intel-based processors only.
- Ubuntu 18.04 +, RedHat/CentOS, Fedora, SUSE
Size: 80.6 MB