With its clear layout and powerful project and workspace features, it can handle complex and sophisticated software development projects.
This IDM product is flexible and easy to customize, handles files in excess of 4GB. And the polished user interface provides easy access to the most important options.
UltraEdit is used across a diverse range of industries. From professional writers, researchers and journalists to advanced programmers, database managers and web developers.
Scores of individuals use UltraEdit as a powerful replacement for windows notepad and even more use it as a text editor. Because of its ability to handle multiple documents at once, large file handling, powerful search/find/replace functionality, spell checking versatility and much more.
UltraEdit Key Features:
- Easily open and edit large files – 4 GB and beyond!
- Multi-caret editing and multi-select
- Column (block) mode editing
- Powerful search. Find and replace in files, regular expressions, inverse search, etc.
- File compare
- Code syntax highlighting for nearly any programming language
- Code folding and hierarchical function listing
- Beautify and reformat source code
- Powerful XML handling. XML tree view, reformatting, validation, etc.
- Auto-closing XML/HTML tags
- Smart templates – automatic intelligent code completion
- Editor themes – skin the entire app
- Powerful and configurable tools
- File and data sorting
- Integrated FTP client (supports FTP, SFTP, and FTPS)
- Integrated SSH/telnet client
- Filtered spell checker
- Unicode/UTF-8 support
- Split/duplicate window editing
- Hex editing
- Macros and scripts for automated editing
- CSV data reformatting
- Log file polling
- File encryption and decryption
- Integrated Ctags (symbols listing)
- Base64 encode/decode
- Project support
- Robust bookmarking
- Powerful command palette
- Easy and quick access to all of UltraEdit’s functionality and settings via Ctrl + Shift + P
- Filter commands in search box at top
- Pin favorite commands / settings to top of list
- Access recently used commands in MRU list
- Run macros, scripts, and user tools directly from command palet
- New “Formatting” group in Coding tab containing all code reformatting tools
- Re-engineered code folding
- Open – and fold – huge source files (up to 500 MB)
- Faster parsing of huge files with foldable code
- Much more accurate and better performing folding
- Macro performance overhaul
- In many cases, macros complete in 1/3rd of the time of previous versions – in some cases, even faster!
- Improved macro performance and stability for huge files
- Highlight all occurrences of string on double-click (no Shift required)
- Configure under Advanced » Settings » Search » Advanced
- Hints bar
- See tips and hints contextualized to the work you’re doing
- Scroll through all hints
- Hints are designed to be automatic and unobtrusive
- New “Expand all” / “Collapse all” options in function list context menu
- Status bar shows total number of lines in file
- Modernized key mapping
- Ability to re-map Ctrl + Tab and Ctrl + Shift + Tab (provides browser-like tab switching)
- Replace in Files re-mapped to Ctrl + Shift + R
- Quick record macro re-mapped to Ctrl + Shift + Q
- ESC dismisses “Highlight all” highlighting
- Various user interface, framework, and window improvements
Homepage – https://www.ultraedit.com
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- macOS systems 10.9 (Mavericks) and later, with support for Intel-based processors only.
- Ubuntu 18.04 +, RedHat/CentOS, Fedora, SUSE
Size: 79.2 MB