DxO PhotoLab (formerly DxO OpticsPro) is the award winning RAW conversion software for Mac and PC. It automatically corrects optical flaws, extends dynamic range, and seamlessly removes digital noise from images.
DxO PhotoLab 4’s HSL (Hue, Saturation, and Luminance) Tool is an exciting and superbly visual way to manage color. It can help you produce more creative and natural-looking images. The new DxO ColorWheel is a fantastic new color adjustment tool. You can use it to select color ranges from eight separate channels, including orange and purple.
The DxO ColorWheel can fine-tune color values, select replacement colors, and it can even adjust transitions and tints for truly distinctive effects. The Uniformity Slider helps you standardize color variations within a specific range. The Saturation and Luminance Sliders now work independently of each other, making them perfect tools for converting color to black and white without the use of complex masks. Those tools are ideal for partially desaturating images.
DxO PhotoLab rounds out the software’s existing filters and image processing tools with the new PhotoLibrary feature. The PhotoLibrary makes sorting and organizing images a cinch. Instantly locate the photos you’re searching for thanks to the dynamic interpretation search function, which suggests relevant results on the fly.
DxO PhotoLab Features:
DxO Smart Lighting
Use the full range of your sensor by revealing new details in underexposed or overexposed areas in your RAW files. Even with significant backlighting. Adjust the effect to suit your taste and your vision for the balance between light and dark.
In addition, the Selective Tone tool lets you independently adjust different brightness ranges ranging from the darkest to the brightest levels. It gives you more freedom and precision when lightening shadows or recovering details in bright areas.
Spot Weighted Corrections
With Spot Weighted Corrections, you can adjust your corrections depending on the areas of interest in your photos, such as faces.
DxO Smart Lighting analyzes and accounts for these areas before applying corrections to the entire image. As a result, your backlit portraits will look brighter while still looking natural.
DxO ClearView Plus local contrast optimization
DxO ClearView brightens the horizon in your images by removing any haze from your landscapes or smog from your urban photos. This exclusive feature increases local contrast after thoroughly analyzing the colormetric components of your image. This technology makes your image more radiant without creating a halo effect around drastic transitions.
DxO PRIME – the ultimate denoising technology
Push your equipment to the limit thanks to DxO’s industry-leading denoising technology, DxO PRIME. Remove noise from your high ISO images without loosing any details or colors.
The DxO PRIME technology, which is often imitated but never equaled, lets you capture the intimate ambiance of a jazz concert, soft bokeh effects when taking portraits, and the majesty of a starry night, even if you use very high ISO values. The technology has even been optimized to process RAW files at high speed. The greater the sensitivity, the more time you save.
Unparalleled optical corrections and Tailor-made lens profiles
During the 15 years DxO has been active, over 42,000 lens/camera combinations have been precisely analyzed in DxO laboratories. Their characteristics have been thoroughly studied to understand how these chains affect the image and to develop corrective profiles specifically for your equipment. Optical flaws like a lack of sharpness, vignetting, chromatic aberrations, and distortion are automatically and effectively corrected.
Unrivaled U Point technology for perfect local adjustments
U Point selection assistance technology is fully integrated with DxO PhotoLab via its multi-setting equalizer interface. That allows you to make intuitive and effective local adjustments to complement the software’s automatic corrections.
All you have to do is select a point of interest and add a Control Point. DxO PhotoLab intuits what you want and automatically and intelligently extends your selection to areas that share the same characteristics within an adjustable radius. Your adjustments will only be added to the specific places you want.
Local Adjustments Masks Manager
Applying Local Adjustment Masks to photos is now easier than ever with the new DxO PhotoLab. A special new palette lists the local adjustments that have already been applied to your image. With one click you can see all the settings for the local edits applied. You can choose to display the adjustments or else hide them instantly as a Photoshop Mask. All with a single click.
Inverts Adjustment Masks
The Local Adjustment Masks feature is extremely flexible and non-destructive, enabling you to flex your creative muscles fearlessly. With the new Opacity slider, you can adjust exactly how much your local edits show, all without going back to adjustments. There’s also a brilliant new function that inverts adjustment masks with just one click. It makes this an even more versatile and creative tool.
Apply Graduated Filters to balance the exposure in your image, add depth to the sky, or draw the eye to your subject by darkening or blurring surrounding areas. Just like the Control Points used with U Point technology, you can also use the multi-setting equalizer.
The Brush tool lets you create a retouching mask and correct a specific area with a high degree of precision by adjusting its opacity. The Automatic Mask can even automatically detect colors that are similar to the ones you initially selected.
The smart Automatic Repair tool replaces these elements with a matching area in the image, such as a part of the sky or sand.
Redesigned Repair Tool with a new Clone Mode
There will always be something in a photo you might want to erase. For example, a bird, a person, or a piece of rubbish. DxO PhotoLab can make them disappear with the redesigned Repair Tool, with big improvements to the ‘Repair’ mode and a brand new ‘Clone’ mode.
The Repair mode works as a retouching brush. That samples pixels from one part of an image for you to use in an area you want to reconstruct or repair. It’s the perfect way to cover up unwanted objects and it adjusts pixels to match the color and lightness levels of the area you’re repairing. You can manually select the areas and even use another image as your source.
The brand new Clone mode is the ideal way to replace areas of an image with an exact copy of another part of a photo. You can adjust Opacity and Feather settings in both modes. That makes repairs look completely natural without harsh edges or visible transitions.
New features in DxO PhotoLab 5:
- Even greater control over U Point technology. Enjoy even more precise handling of Control Points by adjusting their level of sensitivity. Also, try out Control Lines, a new selection tool that brings more options to the local adjustment palette.
- Metadata management in PhotoLibrary. Modify, categorize, and search for images more easily with EXIF and IPTC metadata editing.
- Simpler keyword management. Manage keywords in your images and the PhotoLab database more easily with tree view.
- DeepPRIME takes it to another level. The limits of denoising have been redefined by this new version of DeepPRIME. Enjoy optimized processing times that are up to four times faster on Mac computers equipped with Apple Silicon and up to 1.5 times faster on the latest Windows machines.
- DxO now supports Fujifilm X-Trans files (Beta). Delivering incomparable quality in terms of lens correction, demosaicing, and denoising, DxO technology is now available in beta to Fujifilm X-Trans camera users.
New features in DxO PhotoLab 4:
- Develop your RAW and JPEG images and get high-quality rendering with ease: DxO PhotoLab offers you a complete set of intelligent automatic corrections that you can adjust manually whenever you want.
- DxO DeepPRIME: Artificial intelligence revolutionizes RAW image denoising and conversion by allowing you to do both simultaneously, for exceptional results. DxO DeepPRIME, which belongs to the class of convolutional neural networks, has been trained using billions of samples from more than 15 years of measurement and calibration at DxO Labs. The quality of photos is dramatically improved, especially those taken in low light, or with small pixels, or taken with older-generation cameras.
- DxO Clearview Plus goes one step further in terms of rendering, intelligently increasing local contrast tenfold while effectively suppressing distant atmospheric haze without producing pronounced halo effects.
- DxO Smart Lighting optimizes the dynamic range of your image and restores detail to underexposed or overexposed areas.
- DxO Smart Workspace: Thanks to a dynamic filtering system that is directly accessible from a dedicated toolbar, the DxO Smart Workspace allows you to show or hide, with one click, the tool palettes in three modes: by correction family (light, color, detail, geometry, local settings), by active corrections, or by favorite palettes. In addition, thanks to a dedicated search field, you can now search for a specific tool and instantly display the corresponding palette.
- Enhanced repair tool with manual repositioning, a choice of Duplicate and Repair modes, management of progressive contours, and brush opacity.
- A complete solution for local adjustments, including U-POINT technology: Brush, graduated filter, and control points allow you to edit your images locally, combining power and simplicity.
- Distortion Corrections and Lens Sharpness: Get the most out of your equipment with customized automatic corrections based on DxO’s recognized scientific expertise in measurement and calibration.
- DxO Instant Watermarking: This new tool allows you to inlay text and/or an image and view the results instantly. Placement, orientation, scale, margins, opacity – as well as text color – are fully customizable. You can choose to activate or deactivate the watermark when you export one or more images. To ensure better integration of the visual signature or text, seven merge modes are available.
- Batch renaming of images: From the DxO Photo Library or directly from the Image Browser in the Customize tab, you can now select multiple files and then, using a dedicated dialog box:
- Search/Replace text in the names of the selected files
- Add text before or after existing names
- Rename the selected files and add a counter either before or after the name
- DxO Advanced History: The new History palette displays the correction value as well as the difference compared to its previous value by each step you take. This allows you to navigate at different times during the editing process while being fully aware of the changes you have made. In the case of grouped corrections, such as applying presets or multiple settings from the White Balance palette, the History palette displays grouped corrections, which you can view as needed.
- Selectively copy and paste settings: From the Image Browser in the Customize tab, you can right-click on an image and then select the individual development settings to apply to one or more other images by selecting them by category – light, color, detail, local corrections, geometry, or watermark.
- Parallel multiple exports and new DNG export format for optimizing your workflow and ensuring the best compatibility with third-party solutions. Create multiple output files in parallel, while benefiting from the new DNG export that can include only optical corrections to maximize image quality, while maintaining the dynamics and colors of the original file.
- HSL and DxO ColorWheel tool for adjusting colors with unparalleled precision and flexibility. Select the color ranges you want to set manually or use the newly developed hue dropper to set them automatically.
- Keyword and DxO PhotoLibrary management: Search, sort, and organize your images like never before.
- Enhanced color management: Support for DCP color profiles, in addition to ICC color profiles, gives you the most accurate color reproduction possible.
- Support for new equipment. DxO PhotoLab 4 supports the following additional cameras:
- Canon EOS R5, EOS R6, and EOS 850D
- Nikon D6 and Z5
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV
- Panasonic Lumix S5.
- More than 60,000 camera/lens combinations are now available.
Homepage – https://www.dxo.com
- Intel Core i7 4th generation or better, or AMD Ryzen
- 16 GB RAM
- 6 GB available disk space
- Windows 10 version 2004 or later
- NVIDIA GTX 1060, AMD Radeon RX 5500 or better with latest drivers
Apple OS X
- Intel Core i7 4th generation or higher, or Apple Silicon
- 16 GB RAM
- 6 GB available disk space
- AMD Radeon Pro 580X or better for Intel Macs
Size: 792 MB