StartIsBack is a small application which returns Windows 8, 8.1, 10 a real fully featured start menu and start button, behaving exactly like the ones in Windows 7. It radically improves desktop usability and makes new Start screen clutter-free.
The app is fully native lightweight zero-privileges program, cheap and fair, fast, stable and secure. StartIsBack goes directly to desktop every time without flashing start screen even for a millisecond.
Also it makes the start screen clutter-free, totally native, and with rich customization and configuration. If you can’t get used to the new Metro Start Screen, just use StartIsBack and bring the Start Menu back.
Boot to desktop. Your session would start with the desktop. Always!
Unlike other solutions, StartIsBack goes directly to desktop every time without flashing Start Screen even for a millisecond.
Restore original fully-featured Windows 7 start menu – with new styles
StartIsBack restores original Windows 7 start menu with all its features. Search, jump lists, drag and drop, pinned and recently used apps, fully customizable settings. Start button and Start menu look and behave exactly as they used to in Windows 7.
Achieve the balance between Desktop and Modern UI
Overly active screen corners. Start screen jumping in your face. Hotkeys not behaving the way they’re expected to. StartIsBack allows you to fix many of those issues without breaking any usage scenarios, increasing your productivity with both Desktop and Modern interfaces.
Separate Desktop and Modern UI and make Start Screen clutter-free
It is the only tool which is able to provide consistency in Windows 8, 8.1, 10 by separating desktop and modern programs. If you turn Start screen into Apps screen, you won’t have the pain to manage two Start places.
Totally native – fully localized
The app does not run any additional services or programs. It integrates into your computer smoothly. It does not require any other tools or frameworks to install. And you can install it without administrative privileges. Start menu is fully localized into your language with same metrics and names Windows 7 had.
Rich customization and configuration
You will able to configure all aspects of appearance and behavior of Start menu. This is done in most reliable way, within attractive and easy configuration UI. You can even configure Start menu to work like Windows XP one!
StartIsBack++ for Windows 10 can:
- Apply skins to taskbar!
- Fine-tune taskbar color
- Add taskbar translucency with blur
- Show live badges for modern apps
- Restore larger taskbar icons
- Reduce OS resource usage
It looks totally awesome with new style, round user avatar and modern glyph icons. Also it opens 100% of a time and always finds what you want to find!
Changes in StartIsBack++ 2.9.8 for Windows 10 (December 24, 2020 )
- Support for Windows 10 Insider builds 2127x
Changes in StartIsBack++ 2.9.7 for Windows 10 (October 16, 2020)
- Support for Windows 10 Insider builds 2023x
Changes in StartIsBack++ 2.9.5 for Windows 10 (September 3, 2020)
- Fixed taskbar z-ordering degradation
Changes in StartIsBack++ 2.9.4 for Windows 10 (September 1, 2020)
- Fixed compatibility with older Windows 10 builds
Changes in StartIsBack++ 2.9.3 for Windows 10 (August 30, 2020)
- Medium and large icon sizes for pinned / All programs lists
- Colorized default start button and All programs scrollbar
Changes in StartIsBack++ 2.9.2 for Windows 10 (July 27, 2020)
- Support for ARM64 systems
- Always pixel perfect taskbar and start menu icons
Changes in StartIsBack++ 2.9.1 for Windows 10 (April 25, 2020)
- Support for start menu live resizing
- Tons of fixes and performance improvements
Changes in StartIsBack++ 2.9 for Windows 10 (January 9, 2020)
- Supports Windows 10 version 2004
- Allows new colorful application icons to be shown in taskbar and start menu
- Reinstates UseWin32TrayClockExperience registry key support
- Adds obscure Win+Shift+Alt+Esc hotkey to terminate hang foreground application
- Provides new update download experience
Changes in StartIsBack++ 2.8.9 for Windows 10:
- Fix taskbar not hiding on 1903 when closing Start menu in fullscreen apps
Changes in StartIsBack+ 1.7.6 for Windows 8.1:
- Digital signature updated
Changes in StartIsBack 2.1.2:
- New: Latvian, Bulgarian translation
- Fixed: minor configuration program issues
- Updated group policy file
Homepage – https://www.startisback.com
Fully translated: English, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, European Portuguese, French. Danish, Greek, Italian, Turkish, Spanish, German, Polish, Czech, Croatian, Slovak, Finnish. Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Serbian, Slovenian, Bangla, Hungarian, Swedish. Simplified Chinese, Indonesian
Size: 1.43 MB