Start Menu X is a replacement of the system menu for professionals. Power users are a lot more demanding, and it’s not surprising – instead of a petty dozen of programs we have hundreds!
Find out how to find and launch programs without scrolling, extra clicks and moves – this is Start Menu X. The menu is only replaced when the program is loaded.
Start Menu X adds itself to the autostart list during installation, but you can change this using the msconfig utility. You can access the program settings by right-clicking the program icon in the notification area (near the clock) or right-clicking anywhere in the menu.
The program can work in two modes – Simple mode and Virtual Groups mode. In the first case, the entire list is shown in the same way as it appears in the system menu. You can choose the display mode during installation or later in program settings.
- Virtual Groups. Group programs by purpose (office applications, graphics, etc) without changing their location on the hard drive.
- Single-click launch. The PRO version allows you to assign a primary program to any folder and start it simply by clicking this folder.
- Flexible configuration. Customize the menu to your taste! Change the structure and add tabs.
- Years of experience. Start Menu X is an embodiment of our 7-year experience in developing alternative menu solutions.
Virtual groups can be managed using Group Manager. If a program does not checked in Group Manager, it means that it doesn’t belong to any group and will be placed in the “Other” group in Start Menu X.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 with 64 bit support.
Changes in Start Menu X 6.32:
- A new certificate of signature of the program with the name of the developer – Nazarenko Denys, instead of OrdinarySoft.
- Removed pause before displaying a search results.
- Fixed a “server connection error” error while checking for updates.
Homepage – https://www.startmenux.com
Size: 7.00 MB