Start Menu X is a replacement of the system menu for professionals. Power users are a lot more demanding, and it's not surprising - instead of a petty dozen of programs we have hundreds!
Find out how to find and launch programs without scrolling, extra clicks and moves. The menu is only replaced when the program is loaded.
You can access the program settings by right-clicking the program icon in the notification area (near the clock) or right-clicking anywhere in the menu.
The program can work in two modes - Simple mode and Virtual Groups mode. In the first case, the entire list is shown in the same way as it appears in the system menu. You can choose the display mode during installation or later in program settings.
- Virtual Groups. Group programs by purpose (office applications, graphics, etc) without changing their location on the hard drive.
- Single-click launch. The PRO version allows you to assign a primary program to any folder and start it simply by clicking this folder.
- Flexible configuration. Customize the menu to your taste! Change the structure and add tabs.
- Years of experience. The application is an embodiment of our 7-year experience in developing alternative menu solutions.
Virtual groups can be managed using Group Manager. If a program does not checked in Group Manager, it means that it doesn't belong to any group and will be placed in the "Other" group in Start Menu X.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 with 64 bit support.
Changes in Start Menu X 6.75:
- System search is disabled by default
- In the previous version, we replaced the search, but it still works with errors. So we returned the old search and you can enable the new one in the settings.
- In the new version, we ignore Windows options regarding the color of the menu
- By default, Windows uses black for the menu. We're tired of explaining how to disable this option. Therefore, in the new version, we will not take it into account this option and the menu color will match the color of Aero that you select in windows settings.
- Bug fixes with Space X Theme
- With certain system settings, the ship remained present.
- Removed old shortcuts with a link to the mail and the Internet.
- Some antiviruses perceived these shortcuts as viruses. Although these were files the size of a few bytes. They are currently unused and can be removed.
Homepage - https://www.startmenux.com
Size: 12.2 MB