Start Menu X is a replacement of the system menu for professionals. Power users are a lot more demanding, and it's not surprising - instead of a petty dozen of programs we have hundreds!
Find out how to find and launch programs without scrolling, extra clicks and moves. The menu is only replaced when the program is loaded.
You can access the program settings by right-clicking the program icon in the notification area (near the clock) or right-clicking anywhere in the menu.
The program can work in two modes - Simple mode and Virtual Groups mode. In the first case, the entire list is shown in the same way as it appears in the system menu. You can choose the display mode during installation or later in program settings.
- Virtual Groups. Group programs by purpose (office applications, graphics, etc) without changing their location on the hard drive.
- Single-click launch. The PRO version allows you to assign a primary program to any folder and start it simply by clicking this folder.
- Flexible configuration. Customize the menu to your taste! Change the structure and add tabs.
- Years of experience. The application is an embodiment of our 7-year experience in developing alternative menu solutions.
Virtual groups can be managed using Group Manager. If a program does not checked in Group Manager, it means that it doesn't belong to any group and will be placed in the "Other" group in Start Menu X.[embed]https://youtu.be/Vh9pYldYhAo[/embed] Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 with 64 bit support.
Changes in Start Menu X 6.7:
- System search interface added: About 15 years ago we were first who provide a comfortable search by program name inside the Windows XP. Now the system search becomes useful and comfortable. This why we integrate the system search interface inside Start Menu X. You can turn off this in advanced settings.
- SpaceX skin was added: We are very happy about the progress that made Space X in space. This way we add the unique skin with space animation and back counter to the next launch of Space X. If you have a very slow PC you can switch to the skin without animation. To enable new skin please click Options - Personalization and select skin - Space X