Stardock SkinStudio is a program that allows users to create visual styles for Windows 10, 8, and 7. These visual styles are applied by the popular GUI skinning program, WindowBlinds.
The new version of SkinStudio is designed to make it much easier for new users to get into skinning. Skinners can change as much or little of the GUI as they choose and SkinStudio will fill in the rest for them. A new skin can take a matter of minutes or weeks depending on how sophisticated the skin is.
A fully complete visual style will change the title bars, borders, push buttons, scrollbars, Start bar, Start menu, and virtually every other part of the Windows GUI.
Stardock SkinStudio takes on a much more task-oriented design. Rather than the user being overwhelmed with information by seeing all elements of the visual style at once, SkinStudio instead takes the user step by step through the skin.
Each element shows a Windows logo to let the skin author know which features are supported under which operating system. Moreover, when editing a particular element, the interface is clean and to the point.
SkinStudio is included free with the purchase of WindowBlinds or Object Desktop.
Stardock SkinStudio Features:
- Supports Windows 7, 8 and 10.
- Support usi0 skinning.
- Support for a different mouseover image on the right hand side of the Start Menu.
- Control over the background color of the Start Menu "Programs" list.
- Control over the search box text colour and font.
- Improved control over the Start Menu colours and fonts.
- New section to allow a custom mouseover image used on the "Programs" link on Vista versus the legacy solid color.
- Start button overlay now supports animation.
- Support for animated "Please Wait"
- Layer support
- Improved compression for animation
- Per pixel borders support layers and glyphs
- Skin re-coloring
- Task Oriented Design
- Sidebar support
- Vista Start Menu Buttons
- Edit Control Panel and navigation parts
- Taskdialog controls
- Explorer background
- Theme Part Details tab that visually displays components of the skin for easy access
- Improved support for title bar buttons. Easily change the per-pixel settings
- Improved support for adding glow effects
- Improved support for making sub-styles