Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2) contains new updates which improve security, performance, and stability. Additionally, the SP is a roll-up of all previously released updates.
Microsoft Office 2010 gives you powerful new tools to express your ideas, solve problems, and connect with people. Application is a complete suite of productivity tools and software that includes Word, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, InfoPath, Excel, SharePoint Workspace, OneNote, and Communicator.
Microsoft Office 2010 offers flexible and powerful new ways to deliver your best work - at the office, at home, or at school. Work efficiently with others by sharing, editing, and reviewing files at the same time - even across geographies and time zones.With Microsoft Office 2010, you’re in control, getting things done and producing amazing results however and wherever you work best.
Some fixes in Microsoft Office 2010 SP2:
- Previously unreleased fixes that are included in this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and security.
- All the public updates that were released through May 2013, and all the cumulative updates that were released through April 2013.
Microsoft Office 2010 SP2 improvements:
- Improves the overall stability, performance, and compatibility with other versions of Excel. For a more detailed list of specific issues that the service pack fixes, please download a version of the workbook that is available below.
- Fixes issues in which the performance of Excel decreases, and Excel file sizes become larger when additional built-in styles are copied during the duplication of data between different Excel instances.
- Fixes an issue in which data validation lists that contain comma signs (,) are broken in an .xlsx or .xlsb file. This issue occurs when you set the user locale to a location that does not use comma signs (,) to separate the lists. For example, Germany uses semicolons (;) to separate the lists. When you set Germany as the location, data validation lists that contain commas are all broken.
- Fixes an issue in which an .xlsx file created in Microsoft Office 2013 that contains an App bound to a table is corrupted on save. Additionally, it addresses the issue in which all Agave formulas in the workbook sheet are removed from the file.
- Fixes the issue regarding the message size of certain long email messages. Additionally, it fixes an issue that occurs when you perform a spell check before you send an email message.
- Improves the quality of videos in a presentation after the videos are optimized or compressed by PowerPoint.
- Fixes issues that occur when you co-author a presentation with other users at the same time.
- Fixes an issue in which Mozilla FireFox crashes when you try to view a presentation in PowerPoint Web App on a Mac computer that has Microsoft Silverlight 3 or Silverlight 4 installed.
- Fixes issues regarding bookmarks, fields, track changes, templates, tables, object wrapping, autocorrect options, and email addresses. Additionally, it fixes general reliability issues that occur when you post a blog entry on Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 and Microsoft Office 365 blogs.
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010
- Microsoft Office Standard 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010