Emurasoft EmEditor is a fast, lightweight, yet extensible, easy-to-use text editor for Windows. Both native 64-bit and 32-bit builds are available. Moreover, EmEditor uses various CPU optimizations such as multithreading and SIMD technology such as AVX-512 and AVX-2 to improve the speed of opening very large files, Find/Replace/Filter, parsing CSV, various Sort, Delete Duplicate Lines, and various other operations.
The text editor supports powerful macros, Unicode, and very large files. Emurasoft’s timeless mission is to achieve the clients’ needs and wants by listening to them with empathy and expertise. They value timely customer support, and are honored to have distinguished users, including major corporations, educational institutions, institutions of the European Union, ministries of Japan, and governments from all over the world.
EmEditor Text Editor Features:
- Syntax Highlighting
- Multiple Selection Editing
- Compare Documents
- Regular Expressions
Large File Support
- Easily handle files up to 16 TB
- Large File Controller
- Split/Combine Files
- Sort Optimized for Large Files
- Multithreaded Performance
- Customizable Interface
- Tabbed Design
- Quick Launch
- Workspace Memory
- Plug-in Support
- Powerful, Scriptable Macros
- Integration with External Tools
- Intuitive Outline Display
- Windows 10 Compatibility
- Unicode Support
- Portability Options
- Multiple Encoding Conversions
- Fast 64-bit build
More Features of EmEditor:
- Nested CSV
- Filter Bar
- Tooltip to Show HTML/XML Character References
- Binary Editing
- Bracket/Quotation Mark Auto-Complete
- Drag and Drop
- Spell checker
- Clipboard History
- Quick Start
- Error Handler and Crash Recovery
- Messaging (plug-in)
- Wildcard Support
- Pin to List
- Save to Protected Folder
- Grab Text
- Matching Tag Highlight
- Find and Replace
- Batch Replace
- Status Window
- Full Screen View
EmEditor has won over 24 International awards, including the Shareware Industry Award in the Best Apps category. It has also earned Windows 10 certification from Microsoft.
EmEditor is available in both 64-bit and 32-bit builds. As you can see from the examples on right, the 64-bit build runs as much as 16% to 74% faster than the 32-bit build when dealing with very large files. If you use 64-bit Windows, the 64-bit build of EmEditor is absolutely recommended!
Changes in EmEditor 21.1.5:
- Fixed a certain layout issue with the Full Screen mode.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue related to negative decimal number ranges.
- Fixed a v21.1 issue where the Replace All (with a newline) could become very slow when the Direct Write is on.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue where the IME candidate window might not appear immediately after EmEditor opens.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue where EmEditor might have displayed the “EmEditor abnormally terminated in the previous session. Do you want to recover a previous unsaved workspace?” message after log off the previous Windows session without closing EmEditor last time.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue where multi-line comment highlighting was not always updated after pasting without a newline.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue where the CSV Converter/Large File Controller custom bar may not be scrolled correctly at second time.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue where double clicking the AutoFill handle while pressing the SHIFT key might not have filled correctly while filtered.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue where pressing SHIFT + RIGHT after the Find Next Occurrence command did not make selection correctly.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue related to copying text in the status bar on the Simplified Chinese locale.
Changes in EmEditor 21.1.4:
- Supported the “Source Han Code JP” font.
- Supported copy and paste CSV cells containing embedded newlines surrounded by double-quotes.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue where recording/running a certain macro could have crashed EmEditor.
- Fixed issues related to the Windows toolbar.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue of the Snippets plug-in where (Ctrl+)Enter keys did not work in the tree.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue where Find in Files results were incorrect if very long paths exist.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue where Alt+F did not trigger the main menu in the Full Screen mode with the Main Menu on.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue where EmEditor could have crashed during launch if available disk space is low.
- Fixed an issue where the Newline marks might appear at TAB locations when scrolled horizontally if the Direct Write is off.
Changes in EmEditor 21.1.3:
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue where inserting a character might scroll to the top in CSV documents (non-cell selection mode).
- Fix a pre-v21.1 issue where EmEditor might have crashed while opening a non-UTF8 file asynchronously with the Detect UTF-8 option.
- Fixed a v21.1 issue where switching split documents might not have displayed all panes correctly.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue related negative decimal number ranges.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue related fonts and IME while using Direct Write.
- Fixed a pre-v21.1 issue related to Outlining with collapsible comments.
- This version automatically restores the Outline Guide after setting and aborting a filter if the Outline Guide was previously set.
- Avoided the pre-v21.1 issue where EmEditor could crash while pressing the CONVERT key while using the new version of Japanese IME.
- Fixed a v21.1 issue related to the Button-style Tabs under a certain condition.
Homepage – https://www.emeditor.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, 2019.
User interface languages: Czech, Dutch, English (U.K.), English (U.S.), French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Russian.
Size: 21.7 MB