Adobe RoboHelp 2020 release empowers you to deliver engaging help and policy content across mobile devices, formats, and platforms. Publish content as mobile apps, or in HTML5, EPUB 3, KF8, and MOBI. Help users find relevant content faster with dynamic content filters. Work more productively with a ribbon UI.
This Adobe software allows you easily create personalized help experiences. Use new dynamic content filters to generate enhanced DUCC output, see how filtered content will look, and help users find relevant content faster.
Adobe RoboHelp 2020 lets you create and deliver content for any device. Do more with several authoring productivity enhancements. Create next-generation Responsive HTML5 layouts with best-in class search. Generate content-centric mobile apps.
Adobe RoboHelp 2020 Features:
Reimagine content creation
- Reimagined user interface. Boost productivity with web-based technologies that make your workspace lighter and faster.
- HTML5 and CSS3 authoring support. Create highly immersive content experiences with out-of-the-box HTML5 and CSS3 authoring support. Easily add videos, audio, images, text effects and other elements.
- Enrich content with Scalable Vector Graphics. Now import and use great-looking visuals that look super sharp across mobile, web and print with SVG support.
- Enhanced Object Properties dialog. Adjust object properties with optimal accuracy and unprecedented ease as they transform in real time with every change.
- Switch between multiple views. Quickly see a preview of your content output or its HTML by switching between author, code and preview views.
- Global style management control. Quickly switch all inline styles in the authoring view on or off via a central control as a global preference.
- Style mirroring. Easily copy formatting and apply the inline or CSS based style to text anywhere else in the topic or its content.
- Conditional content usage. Easily create rules and apply them to a topic, paragraph or word using the new conditional text panel. Now specify the foreground and background colors of conditions, making them easier to manage.
- Cleaner project structure. Easily locate assets with a cleaner and more organized project and output structure.
- Powerful project management. Easily organize and use assets within and across projects with the new Project Manager.
- Real-time CSS editor. Create stunning layouts with a powerful CSS editor. Intuitively make changes by seeing how it reflects on the content in real-time.
- Smoother import of Microsoft Word files. Easily import Microsoft Word files into RoboHelp with optimized handling of images and styles.
Any device, format or platform. Discover limitless publishing.
- ENHANCED! All-new skin editor. Give templates a unique look and feel with the powerful and easy-to-use skin editor. All-new default skins give existing templates a refreshing look.
- ENHANCED! Optimized search engine. Deliver best-in-class search results to end users with an enhanced search engine powered by a new algorithm and highlighting of the searched word.
- NEW! Search autocorrect. Enhance the end user search experience with automatic identification of mistyped search queries using fuzzy logic to display relevant results based on the closest match.
- Multiformat publishing. Instantly publish content to a wide range of popular output formats – Responsive HTML5, PDF, Microsoft Help (CHM), WebHelp, Mobile App and more.
- Next-generation Responsive HTML5 layouts. Deliver personalized content experiences with new frameless Responsive HTML5 layouts that provide intuitive navigation and best-in-class search. Easily show or hide widgets such as glossary and TOC.
- Greater content accessibility. Deliver content to accommodate your users’ special needs. The Section 508 compliant HTML5 layouts let you create content that is accessible to all users.
- Optimized HTML5 output. Experience as much as a 50% reduction in loading time, a file size savings of about 20KB per topic, and smoother transitions between pages with faster, more responsive HTML5 output.
- Dynamic Content Filters. Deliver more relevant and highly personalized content experiences with Dynamic Content Filters.
- Ability to add thumbnails. Publish and view images as thumbnails that expand on clicking, making it easier to render and view content on mobile devices.
- Single-click Mobile App generation. Easily generate content-centric mobile apps for iOS and Android with one click.
- Favorites in Responsive HTML5 layouts. Provide users the option to mark topics as favorites in Responsive HTML5 layouts, saving them time and effort to locate frequently used content.
Infinite possibilities to collaborate smarter and faster
- Git support. Empower team members with the ability to collaborate on projects of any size with speed and efficiency.
- SharePoint Online support. Ensure everyone stays on the same page by enabling sharing and collaboration across your organization with SharePoint Online.
- Connect with any source control. Work with any source control by building customizations using a new plug-and-play architecture.
- Sometimes, topic properties get corrupted. (Bug ID: 8945)
- Generic styles defined in the CSS file without tag name (like .red) is not listed in the Styles panel. (Bug ID: 9001)
- When editing the image size in the skin editor, the “unlink” button is not working as expected. (Bug ID: 8994)
- In the new topic creation dialog, the title does not get pre-selected (Bug ID: 8685)
- In TOC editor, the next item does not get highlighted after deleting any item. (Bug ID: 9122)
- Across sessions, the values of the Left and Right panel widths do not persist as expected. (Bug ID: 9027)
- On importing files with the same name as an existing file, there is no warning message. (Bug ID: 8838)
- Few table cell settings are not saved in the CSS editor. (Bug ID: 8325)
- In multilevel list after changing numbering size, the list can’t be aligned with the content. (Bug ID: 9143)
- A class applied on li item is carried over to the paragraph after breaking the list. (Bug ID: 9132)
- Applying a class on a single li item from the Styles panel is not possible. (Bug ID: 9131)
- Variables cannot be inserted in topic titles and index when any topic is open. (Bug ID: 9003)
- Duplicating an autonumber style produces an application error. (Bug ID: 9185)
- You cannot specify negative values for margins. (Bug ID: 9197)
- Margin component collapses automatically after expanding for the first time. (Bug ID: 9196)
- Copy pasting text with image from Word does not paste the image in RoboHelp. The src is blank. (Bug ID: 9171)
- If any topic has Shift_JIS encoding, then after upgrading from a classic project, an application error appears. (Bug ID: 9163)
- The dimensions of a thumbnail are not getting saved as expected. (Bug ID: 9261)
- An application error occurs when deleting files from the Unused Files report. (Bug ID: 9030)
- There are a few formatting issues in the tables of reports like Snippets and Style Sheets. (Bug ID: 9023)
- The Date column in reports does not display in the format as specified by the OS. (Bug ID: 6784)
- In RoboHelp (2020 release) Update 4, you are unable to switch Git branches. (Bug ID: 9048)
- The password prompt for Git doesn’t work as expected on Windows. (Bug ID: 9097)
- The Google Machine Translation API isn’t able to authenticate as expected. (Bug ID: 9069)
- When fetching review comments, there are intermittent refresh issues. (Bug ID: 9053)
- @ option for mentions does not work as expected in reviews. (Bug ID: 7615)
- Unable to import FrameMaker 2020 documents into RoboHelp 2020. (Bug ID: 9043)
- Importing from FrameMaker does not start a new topic on Style. (Bug ID: 8628)
- While importing a FrameMaker document, the mapped table styles aren’t getting into the book css file. (Bug ID: 6617)
- Browse Sequences do not filter automatically if a topic is excluded from the output. (Bug ID: 8197)
- Black-colored borders appear in a Word output for table cell when the border color is set to transparent. (Bug ID: 8996)
- Titles that are too long do not display as expected in mobile view. (Bug ID: 9036)
- The Publish settings icon is missing from the Publish page in Responsive HTML5 output. (Bug ID: 9050)
- A Condition expression for an HTML5 output does not work correctly if the TOC contains bookmarks. (Bug ID: 6581)
- If no master page is selected in the first field, then the other master page options are not saved in the PDF preset. (Bug ID: 9106)
- While generating ouput, the deleted files from the output folder doesn’t go to the recycle bin. (Bug ID: 9112)
- In a Word output, large images do not shrink to fit in a table and get truncated. (Bug ID: 9137)
- A dash gets added to PDFs with bookmarks. (Bug ID: 9067)
- Breadcrumbs home label is not a hyperlink to go to the default topic. (Bug ID: 7674)
- In a Frameless top navigation skin, if the top section is linked to a topic, then its children are not shown in the output. (Bug ID: 9119)
- For PDF and Word outputs, a variable used in a title does not get resolved. (Bug ID: 8991)
- The value specified in the Chapter title field does not appear in a PDF output. (Bug ID: 9028)
- Frameless and Responsive HTML5 outputs search also picks up text from script tags. (Bug ID: 9049)
- In an output, a UTF-8 with BOM encoding does not work as expected. (Bug ID: 9166)
- Microsoft Edge does not appear in the list of browsers to preview on Windows. (Bug ID: 9243)
- When setting the size of a logo, the skin editor expects the height and width of the logo to be the same. (Bug ID: 9220)
- Unable to copy all files from Assets > Images folder while publishing to local file system (Bug ID: 9079)
- Publishing to Zoho Knowledge Base does not work for all regions. (Bug ID: 9041)
- When published to SharePoint output, the link to a PDF does not open as expected. (Bug ID: 9012
Changes in Adobe RoboHelp 2020 Update 4:
- Accessibility (Section 508 compliance)
- Application / User Interface Improvements
- Multi-level Autonumbering
- Support for condition expressions in the topic preview
- Machine translation profile
- Frameless and Responsive HTML5 output enhancements
- Knowledge Base publishing
- Word Output enhancements
- Search enhancements
Accessibility (Section 508 compliance)
We’ve enhanced features that are related to accessibility. Most of the features are a part of the new improved, more Section 508-compliant User Interface. Some of them are:
- Navigation using Tab, Shift + Tab, Arrow, and Enter keys
- Keyboard shortcuts for context menu
- Alt key support for main menu
- Improved color contrast for highlight colors.
Homepage – https://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp.html
- Core i3 or faster processor
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, or 10
- 4 GB of RAM or more is recommended
- 3 GB of hard-disk space is required for installation; additional space is required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
- 64-bit CPU and operating system
- Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, 2010
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (2015 release), Pro 2017
- Adobe Captivate 2019
- Microsoft SharePoint Online