ABBYY PDF Transformer lets you convert any PDF file into Microsoft Word, Excel, HTML, or TXT format. It helps you increase your productivity and efficiently convert PDF files, allowing you to reuse the extracted information in your favorite Microsoft Office applications.
Based on ABBYY’s award-winning FineReader OCR and Adobe PDF Library technologies, PDF Transformer is the only conversion utility that can process any PDF file whether it was created by a scanner or multifunction peripheral, downloaded from the Internet, or generated from within applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
ABBYY PDF Transformer also preserves the layout and formatting of the original PDF file when converting to Microsoft Word, Excel, and HTML. Though PDF becomes a de-facto standard for electronic documents, it sometimes can be challenging to work with, especially when you want to quote the text or make some changes.
ABBYY PDF Transformer can both convert PDF to editable files and create PDF from your documents. You can even quickly turn scanned PDF images into searchable PDF files.
ABBYY PDF Transformer 3 Key Features:
- Intelligent Conversion Technology. Based on ABBYY’s award-winning optical character recognition (OCR) technology, PDF Transformer delivers superior quality of PDF conversion.
- Processing of ALL Types of PDF Files. ABBYY PDF Transformer processes any type of PDF file, including scanned (image-only) PDFs, searchable PDFs, password-protected PDFs (the program will prompt you to enter the correct passwords for content extraction), PDFs with text in non-standard encoding, and documents in the latest PDF 1.7 format.
- Accurate Re-creation of Document Layout and Formatting. When converting PDF files, ABBYY PDF Transformer not only captures text but also re-creates all formatting elements – titles, tables, columns, pictures, charts, hyperlinks and internal links, etc. There’s no need to retype or reformat your documents.
- Support for 184 Languages with Automatic Language Detection. ABBYY PDF Transformer delivers the widest language support — it can process documents in 184 languages including a variety of languages with Latin and Cyrillic alphabets. The application also automatically detects document languages.
- Integrated with Microsoft Office Applications. ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 is fully integrated with Microsoft Office applications. With the built-in PDF Transformer toolbar, you can access the program and convert PDFs directly from within Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook by simply clicking a button.
- One-Click Conversion from Windows Explorer. Integrated with Windows Explorer, ABBYY PDF Transformer allows you to convert PDF files to editable documents or turn office documents into PDF files with a single mouse-click. Simply click with the right mouse click on the file and select the required option in the ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 menu.
- Conversion of PDF documents to Editable Formats. ABBYY PDF Transformer is flexible tool, letting you transform a PDF file into your preferred format including Microsoft Word, Excel, HTML, RTF and TXT. It supports the latest Microsoft Office formats such as DOCX and XLSX.
- Conversion of Multiple PDFs with one Click. To make document conversion even faster, ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 allows you to convert several PDF files simultaneously. You can simply open a folder, select required PDF files and transform them into Word, Excel or searchable PDF documents using the corresponding command in the right-click menu.
- Manual Area Selection Tools for Advanced Users. The interface includes a special toolbar for area-by-area definition of separate elements of a PDF file (including text, picture and table elements), which is helpful when converting PDFs with complex formatting.
- Conversion of Selected Areas and Pages. The intuitive interface allows you to select only relevant pages or areas for conversion and easily change the settings, if necessary. For even better navigation between pages of a long PDF file it offers a panel with page thumbnails.
- Saving Selected Document Areas to the Clipboard. You can also send the content of a particular text or image area directly to the clipboard and to past it later into a document of any application for certain data editing or correction.
- Flexible Layout Retention Options. ABBYY PDF Transformer provides the ability to easily set up the level of layout retention needed. You can save a document with the original layout or in “flowing” mode (both with or without pictures).
- Creation of PDF Documents from Microsoft Office Applications. ABBYY PDF Transformer adds a “Create PDF” button to the Office applications’ tool bar. With a click of this button, you can create PDF file from the current Microsoft Word document, Excel table, PowerPoint presentation or Visio diagram.
- Print-to-PDF Function from Any Application. ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 also lets you create a PDF file from any application that supports the “Print” function. Just print a document choosing PDF-XChange 4.0 for ABBYY printer in the Printer Name dialog box.
- Combining Multiple Files into One PDF. With ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 you can automatically combine several files of different format (such as Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, other PDF files and more) into one PDF document. Each file’s content will begin with a new page in the resulting PDF.
- Retention of Links, Hyperlinks and Metadata. When creating a PDF file from a Microsoft Office document, the application accurately retains hyperlinks, internal links and document metadata such as author, title, subject, keywords, etc.
- Support for PDF/A Format. ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 allows you to save your files in searchable PDF/A format which is a standard format for long-term archiving of electronic documents.
- Optimal Size of Created PDFs. When creating PDFs with ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0, you can choose the optimal size of created PDF file according to its intended use. Choose “Compressed PDF” in Creation options to produce a file optimal for on-screen viewing, e-mail and Internet, or save the document without compression for high-quality printing.
PDF Adjustment and Protection
- Conversion of Scanned PDFs to Searchable PDF files. ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 allows you to convert image-only (or scanned) PDFs to searchable PDFs in one step.
- Powerful MRC Compression for PDF files. When converting documents to searchable PDF, the program offers you a special option to compress the output file with ABBYY’s unique MRC Compression technology which is capable to reduce the size of output PDF up to 10 times depending on the file content while keeping high level of readability and visual quality.
- Appending New Files to Existing PDF. ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 allows you not only create a PDF file but also easily modify the existing PDF document by appending new files such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, HTML and TXT documents.
- Creation of Password-protected PDFs. ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 supports PDF password-protection settings. You can create a secured PDF and set a document open password or permission passwords in order to prevent unauthorized document opening or to restrict certain operations such as printing, content extraction, editing and adding/removing pages.
- Redaction of Sensitive Information. All sensitive information can be easily erased from both text and image layers in PDF document, when using “Convert to Searchable PDF” option. Thus all confidential information, including metadata, will be not just visually hidden or made illegible but completely deleted from the file.
- Stamping and Bates Stamping. With ABBYY PDF Transformer, you can easily mark documents by applying customized stamps with any text, position and color. Additionally, the bates stamping feature offers identification, protection and auto-increment numbering of large volume documents so you can easily find them later.
Supported OS: Windows XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7, Server 2012, Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Homepage – https://www.abbyy.com
Size: 222 MB