MKVToolNix is the one of the best collection of tools (mkvmerge, mkvinfo, mkvextract, mkvpropedit and mmg) for modifying MKV files.
The graphical user interface (GUI) allows you to manipulate Matroska (MKV) files in several ways. You can use those tools to create, split, edit, mux, demux, merge, extract or inspect Matroska files.
MKVToolnix will also work with other video formats. Such as AVI, MPEG, MP4, MPEG, Ogg/OGM, RealVideo, MPEG1/2, H264/AVC, Dirac, VC1.
And more as well as some video codecs such as VP9 video codec support - reading from IVF, Matroska, WebM files, extract to IVF files.
Moreover the program can work with audio files such as AAC, FLAC, MP2, MP3, AC3, DTS/DTS-HD, Vorbis, RealAudio. And also work with most subtitle formats including SRT, PGS/ SUP, VobSub, ASS, and SSA.
It is a cross-platform application that will work on Microsoft Windows (both 32 and 64-bit versions), Apple macOS and Linux operating systems.Here is also the portable version which does not require installation. You just need to start the function. It can also be stored on external devices and run on any computer you have access to.
- all: fixed a crash when using the `MTX_LOGGER=file` syntax for logging debug messages without specifying a file name to log to. It will now log to a file called `mkvtoolnix-debug.log` in the system's default temporary directory, as initially intended.
- The [`libdvdread`](https://www.videolan.org/developers/libdvdnav.html) library will be used if found via `pkg-config`. If it is found, support for reading chapters from DVDs will be enabled in `mkvmerge` and the MKVToolNix GUI.
- Boost's Date/Time, Lexical Cast, Range, Range Adaptors, Tri-Bool, Variant libraries are not used anymore.
- MKVToolNix now requires a C++ compiler & standard library that support the following features of the C++17 standard: "`std::variant`", "`std::gcd`". For the GNU Compiler Collection (gcc) this means v7 or newer; for clang it means v4 or newer — the same versions required by earlier MKVToolNix versions.
- MKVToolNix now requires version 6.1.0 of fmtlib or later for the`fmt::to_string` function and bugfixes to the formatting of floating point numbers. If a system-wide version is installed that's older, the bundled copy will be used.
- The bundled version of fmtlib has been updated to release 6.2.1.
Homepage - https://mkvtoolnix.download/
Size: 17.6 MB