MKVToolNix is the one of the best collection of tools (mkvmerge, mkvinfo, mkvextract, mkvpropedit and mmg) for modifying MKV files.
The graphical user interface (GUI) of the program allows you to manipulate Matroska (MKV) files in several ways.
You can use those tools to create, split, edit, mux, demux, merge, extract or inspect Matroska files.
MKVToolnix will also work with other video formats. Such as AVI, MPEG, MP4, MPEG, Ogg/OGM, RealVideo, MPEG1/2, H264/AVC, Dirac, VC1.
And more as well as some video codecs such as VP9 video codec support – reading from IVF, Matroska, WebM files, extract to IVF files.
Moreover the program can work with audio files such as AAC, FLAC, MP2, MP3, AC3, DTS/DTS-HD, Vorbis, RealAudio. And also work with most subtitle formats including SRT, PGS/ SUP, VobSub, ASS, and SSA.
It is a cross-platform application that will work on Microsoft Windows (both 32 and 64-bit versions), Apple macOS and Linux operating systems.
Here is also the portable version which does not require installation. You just need to start the function. It can also be stored on external devices and run on any computer you have access to.
New features and enhancements
- mkvextract: chapters, tags & cue sheets will now be written to standard output if no file name is given, same as if `-` is given as the file name.
- MKVToolNix GUI: job queue: added a new setting in the preferences’ “job queue & job status” section that, when enabled, will cause the GUI to remove all output files created by jobs that are either aborted by the user or that end in an error.
- all programs: macOS: fixed file access if the file name (including all path components) contains any Unicode character where NFC (Normalization Form Canonical Composed) and NFD (Normalization Form Canonical Decomposed) differ, e.g. German Umlauts.
- mkvmerge: when splitting by chapters the user can now split by chapters coming from one of the appended files, too. Fixes #2625.
- mkvmerge: AAC reader: fixed reading codec parameters (channels, sample rate) if a file starts with garbage that includes valid-but-bogus AAC headers.
- MKVToolNix GUI: Hebrew was added to the list of often-used languages so that it can be selected by default again.
- MKVToolNix GUI: when updating the GUI’s settings from v37.0.0 or older, the GUI checks if the list of often-used languages equals the built-in list from v36.0.0. If it does, it will be updated to the built-in list changed in v37.0.0.
Build system changes
- Boost’s Operators header library is now required.
Homepage – https://mkvtoolnix.download/
Size: 16.6 MB