TechSmith Camtasia is the complete professional solution for high-quality screen recording, video editing and sharing. With support for a variety of video standards, you can ensure your content delivery now and in the future.
Use TechSmith software to record on-screen activity, customize and edit content, add interactive elements, and share your videos with anyone, on nearly any device. Construct more engaging videos faster with multiple video and audio tracks. Record high-quality videos in no time with Camtasia Studio’s advanced screen recorder.
Whether you’re recording HD video, a PowerPoint presentation, or a video game, you’ll get smooth playback. Easily import HD video, photos, music, and more to create unique videos that stand out.
Camtasia Studio also lets import existing videos you have for quick editing, and add images or your favorite song to enhance your videos or make a presentation your own.
- Intelligent capture controls that adapt to you
- Crystal-clear playback at any size with Camtasia SmartFocus
- Easy, versatile video sharing with TechSmith ExpressShow
- Precise editing and butter-smooth onscreen movement
- Professional content without a ton of production time
Quickly create eye-catching videos
- Stunning video effects. Apply Behaviors that are perfectly designed to animate your text, images, or icons. Get a crisp, polished look without being a professional video editor.
- Drag-and-drop editing. What you see is what you get. Every effect and element in your video can be dropped and edited directly in the preview window. And you can edit at resolutions up to beautiful 4K, for clear video at any size.
- Exceptional performance. Camtasia takes full advantage of your computer’s processor with 64-bit performance. You’ll get fast rendering times and enhanced stability – even on your most complex projects.
Training materials, educational content, product overviews, marketing videos
- Animated backgrounds. You’ll have access to a variety of backgrounds that grab attention right from the start.
- Music tracks. Use music to set the mood of your video. All tracks are royalty free and safe to use on YouTube and Vimeo.
- Icons. Choose from hundreds of icons, or bring in your own straight from your computer.
- Motion graphics. Get lower thirds, intro slides, and more so you can start quickly and look great.
Camtasia Features built to help you make better videos:
- SCREEN RECORDER. Record any part of your screen, down to the pixel.
- WEBCAM. Webcam lets you add a personal touch to your video.
- MEDIA. Import images, audio, and video up to 4K resolution.
- ANNOTATIONS. Arrows, callouts, shapes, and more help you get your point across.
- TRANSITIONS. Add an intro/outro to the beginning or end of a clip, image, shape, or text.
- ANIMATIONS. Zoom, pan, or create your own custom motion effects.
- VOICE NARRATION. A great way to add context to what you’re showing.
- AUDIO EFFECTS. Add audio effects to recordings, music, or narration to enhance your video.
- VISUAL EFFECTS. Adjust colors, add a drop shadow, change the clip speed, and more.
- INTERACTIVITY. Add quizzes to see who is watching your videos, and how much they’ve viewed.
- GREEN SCREEN. Put yourself in your video making it appear like you’re right in the action.
- MULTI-TRACK TIMELINE. Build your videos quickly with multiple tracks for images, video, text, and audio.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2019.0.10 (March 10, 2020):
- Fixed .camrec files were not decoded correctly.
- Fixed crash when importing MP4 files from Android 9 mobile devices
- Fixed Decoding files recorded on LG4 cell phones
- Fixed Issue that caused black frames to appear in web camera videos when encoding to storage media
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2019.0.9 (January 21, 2020):
- Fixed issue that prevented use of Visual Effects for users with non-English characters in their usernames
- Fixed crash while sharing to Video Review for users with non-English characters in their usernames
- Fixed issue that caused GPU usage to grow continuously after audio tracks were analyzed
- Fixed crash when finishing a recording without opening the Camtasia Editor
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2019.0.8 (November 26, 2019):
- Fixed issue that moved Camtasia Editor to the wrong location when restoring the window
- Added ability to move playhead to a location where no media has been added
- Fixed a crash that could happen when previewing a transition after previewing a media in the Media Bin
- Fixed issue to allow sharing to Video Review from outside the United States
- Added ability to export a zipped project for filenames longer than 260 characters
- Fixed issue where a duplicate cursor would display after a stitching media
- Fixed problems with variable-bit-rate MP3 files that could cause skips or glitches
- Fixed intermittent crash while scrubbing the timeline
- Fixed crash when extending the beginning of an MP4
- Added an error message when importing a corrupt .trec file
- Fixed crash when exporting to MP3
- Tool menus no longer persist when switching between tools using keyboard shorcuts
- Fixed issue that caused canvas to resize when dragging media into the Camtasia Editor
- Fixed issue issue for incorrect display of location to drag media
- Fixed issue exporting images to the JPEG format
- Fixed issue that caused animations to shift when unstitching media
- Fixed issue with location of the canvas when it has been detached
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2019.0.7 (August 27, 2019):
- Fixed an issue that caused delays in timeline edits for stitched media
- Fixed crash when loading projects with missing TREC files
- Updated Screencast.com to use the latest TechSmith Account integration
- SCORM 2004 editions are now listed in SCORM options
- Added option for Enterprise users to disable quizzing in the TechSmith Deployment Tool
Homepage – https://www.techsmith.com/video-editor.html
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 SP1, 8.1, and Windows 10 (Required: 64 Bit versions only). (Recommended: Windows 10)
- MacOS 10.12 or later (Rendering is not supported on external USB monitors)