TechSmith Camtasia is the complete professional solution for high-quality screen recording, video editing and sharing. With support for a variety of video standards, you can ensure your content delivery now and in the future.
Use TechSmith software to record on-screen activity, customize and edit content, add interactive elements, and share your videos with anyone, on nearly any device. Construct more engaging videos faster with multiple video and audio tracks. Record high-quality videos in no time with Camtasia Studio’s advanced screen recorder.
Whether you’re recording HD video, a PowerPoint presentation, or a video game, you’ll get smooth playback. Easily import HD video, photos, music, and more to create unique videos that stand out.
Camtasia Studio also lets import existing videos you have for quick editing, and add images or your favorite song to enhance your videos or make a presentation your own.
- Intelligent capture controls that adapt to you
- Crystal-clear playback at any size with Camtasia SmartFocus
- Easy, versatile video sharing with TechSmith ExpressShow
- Precise editing and butter-smooth onscreen movement
- Professional content without a ton of production time
Quickly create eye-catching videos
- Stunning video effects. Apply Behaviors that are perfectly designed to animate your text, images, or icons. Get a crisp, polished look without being a professional video editor.
- Drag-and-drop editing. What you see is what you get. Every effect and element in your video can be dropped and edited directly in the preview window. And you can edit at resolutions up to beautiful 4K, for clear video at any size.
- Exceptional performance. Camtasia takes full advantage of your computer’s processor with 64-bit performance. You’ll get fast rendering times and enhanced stability – even on your most complex projects.
Training materials, educational content, product overviews, marketing videos
- Animated backgrounds. You’ll have access to a variety of backgrounds that grab attention right from the start.
- Music tracks. Use music to set the mood of your video. All tracks are royalty free and safe to use on YouTube and Vimeo.
- Icons. Choose from hundreds of icons, or bring in your own straight from your computer.
- Motion graphics. Get lower thirds, intro slides, and more so you can start quickly and look great.
Camtasia Features built to help you make better videos:
- SCREEN RECORDER. Record any part of your screen, down to the pixel.
- WEBCAM. Webcam lets you add a personal touch to your video.
- MEDIA. Import images, audio, and video up to 4K resolution.
- ANNOTATIONS. Arrows, callouts, shapes, and more help you get your point across.
- TRANSITIONS. Add an intro/outro to the beginning or end of a clip, image, shape, or text.
- ANIMATIONS. Zoom, pan, or create your own custom motion effects.
- VOICE NARRATION. A great way to add context to what you’re showing.
- AUDIO EFFECTS. Add audio effects to recordings, music, or narration to enhance your video.
- VISUAL EFFECTS. Adjust colors, add a drop shadow, change the clip speed, and more.
- INTERACTIVITY. Add quizzes to see who is watching your videos, and how much they’ve viewed.
- GREEN SCREEN. Put yourself in your video making it appear like you’re right in the action.
- MULTI-TRACK TIMELINE. Build your videos quickly with multiple tracks for images, video, text, and audio.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.4 (June 9, 2021):
- Fixed a bug that caused the Recorder to lose its most recent setting for recording dimensions.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an erroneous signin message to show on launch.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the first one or two frames of a recording to be dim.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when importing mp4s with no audio streams.
- Fixed a startup crash that could occur if Camtasia was unable to access environment information.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.3 (May 28, 2021):
- Fixed a bug that could prevent users from signing in to start a trial.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.2 (May 26, 2021):
- Added option to the Recorder that allows users to select a default save location.
- Added save option to the Recorder that allows users the option to choose a file name.
- Reduced minimum track height in the Editor.
- Added menu option and keyboard shortcut to center canvas.
- Added an option to enable/disable font ligatures in the Properties panel.
- Improved accuracy of effect thumbnails when creating user presets of the Corner Rounding visual effect.
- Fixed tab order in the Quick Property Editor.
- Fixed a user-reported startup crash.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when scrolling the mouse wheel during startup.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while saving a project.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when sending a new recording from Recorder to Editor
- Fixed a bug that stopped playback when playing proxy files if the source was an .MTS file or a Lottie file.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent some valid files from being proxied.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Duration prompt from being displayed when extending media.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent users from entering their license key.
- Fixed a bug that prevented media from being extended when they contained a transition.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a misleading duration to be displayed in the Recorder when making long recordings.
- Fixed a bug that could cause deleted user presets to return after restarting Camtasia.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the screen to be recorded when it was not selected.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a drop in frame rate when Transitions are extended.
- Fixed a bug that could cause duplicate audio media when importing from Audiate.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.1 (April 29, 2021):
- Added Recorder Shortcuts: F9 for Start/Pause/Resume Recording, and F10 to Stop Recording.
- Added a larger webcam preview that can be displayed while recording.
- Added a countdown that is shown before recordings start.
- Improved Recorder UI during recordings.
- Pressing Record inside the Editor will now foreground the Recorder if it has been minimized.
- Hovering over Media Matte options now previews those changes on the Canvas.
- Hovering over media in the Media Bin now allows you to scrub through the media.
- Added Delete All Proxy Videos as an option on the Advanced Preferences menu.
- Added support for activation using a proxy server.
- Groups within Groups are now automatically named with their parent group as a prefix.
- Added support for renaming Group Tabs by double-clicking on the tab.
- Audio waveforms are now drawn on Groups on the timeline to represent audio within the Group.
- Adding a caption while in a Group Tab now adds it to that Group instead of the main timeline.
- The Zoom-N-Pan window now always shows the main timeline even if a Group Tab is being shown.
- Fixed a user-reported startup crash.
- Fixed a bug that could lead images to be one frame in duration when replaced from the Media Bin.
- Fixed a bug that prevented .srt files from being exported when using Camtasia in Spanish.
- Fixed a bug that caused Ripple Insert to work incorrectly inside Group Tabs.
- Fixed a bug that caused webcam-only recordings to fail to drag when dragging to the Canvas from the Media Bin.
- Fixed a bug that caused the timeline to scroll upward when dragging the playhead.
- Fixed a bug that could lead Knowmia productions to have an incorrect duration.
- Fixed sorting order when sorting by Type in the Media Bin.
- Fixed bug that could prevent signin if the system clock time differed from the authentication server.
- Localization fixes.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.0 (April 27, 2021):
- Added 75+ new Transitions and Transition categories
- Added Audio Emphasize Audio Effect
- Added VU Meter in editor
- Added Motion Blur Visual Effect
- Added Round Corners Visual Effect
- Added Media Matte Visual Effect
- Added ability to generate proxy videos for improved editing performance
- Added Additional properties to Quick Property Assets
- Added Quick Property Editor for creating custom Quick Property Assets
- Added New Animation Shortcuts / Behaviors
- Added support for Lottie animations
- Added support for standalone projects
- Added ability to collapse Property Panel elements
- Added Visual Effects bypass toggle switch to the Property Panel
- Added TechSmith Audiate integration
- Added New Group workflow
- Improved Canvas zooming / panning
- New Welcome Window with project launcher and Learning Center
- New and Improved Recorder UI
Homepage – https://www.techsmith.com/video-editor.html
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (Required: 64 Bit versions only).
- MacOS 10.14 or later (Rendering is not supported on external USB monitors)
Size: 456 MB