TechSmith Camtasia is the complete professional solution for high-quality screen recording, video editing and sharing. With support for a variety of video standards, you can ensure your content delivery now and in the future.
Use TechSmith software to record on-screen activity, customize and edit content, add interactive elements, and share your videos with anyone, on nearly any device. Construct more engaging videos faster with multiple video and audio tracks. Record high-quality videos in no time with Camtasia Studio’s advanced screen recorder.
Whether you’re recording HD video, a PowerPoint presentation, or a video game, you’ll get smooth playback. Easily import HD video, photos, music, and more to create unique videos that stand out.
Camtasia Studio also lets import existing videos you have for quick editing, and add images or your favorite song to enhance your videos or make a presentation your own.
- Intelligent capture controls that adapt to you
- Crystal-clear playback at any size with Camtasia SmartFocus
- Easy, versatile video sharing with TechSmith ExpressShow
- Precise editing and butter-smooth onscreen movement
- Professional content without a ton of production time
Quickly create eye-catching videos
- Stunning video effects. Apply Behaviors that are perfectly designed to animate your text, images, or icons. Get a crisp, polished look without being a professional video editor.
- Drag-and-drop editing. What you see is what you get. Every effect and element in your video can be dropped and edited directly in the preview window. And you can edit at resolutions up to beautiful 4K, for clear video at any size.
- Exceptional performance. Camtasia takes full advantage of your computer’s processor with 64-bit performance. You’ll get fast rendering times and enhanced stability – even on your most complex projects.
Training materials, educational content, product overviews, marketing videos
- Animated backgrounds. You’ll have access to a variety of backgrounds that grab attention right from the start.
- Music tracks. Use music to set the mood of your video. All tracks are royalty free and safe to use on YouTube and Vimeo.
- Icons. Choose from hundreds of icons, or bring in your own straight from your computer.
- Motion graphics. Get lower thirds, intro slides, and more so you can start quickly and look great.
Camtasia Features built to help you make better videos:
- SCREEN RECORDER. Record any part of your screen, down to the pixel.
- WEBCAM. Webcam lets you add a personal touch to your video.
- MEDIA. Import images, audio, and video up to 4K resolution.
- ANNOTATIONS. Arrows, callouts, shapes, and more help you get your point across.
- TRANSITIONS. Add an intro/outro to the beginning or end of a clip, image, shape, or text.
- ANIMATIONS. Zoom, pan, or create your own custom motion effects.
- VOICE NARRATION. A great way to add context to what you’re showing.
- AUDIO EFFECTS. Add audio effects to recordings, music, or narration to enhance your video.
- VISUAL EFFECTS. Adjust colors, add a drop shadow, change the clip speed, and more.
- INTERACTIVITY. Add quizzes to see who is watching your videos, and how much they’ve viewed.
- GREEN SCREEN. Put yourself in your video making it appear like you’re right in the action.
- MULTI-TRACK TIMELINE. Build your videos quickly with multiple tracks for images, video, text, and audio.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.15 (2021-12-08):
- Fixed a crash that could occur when changing Clip Speed in a locale that uses commas as decimal separators.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when pressing the New Project keyboard shortcut many times in succession.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Device Frames to be missing from thumbnail images.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent seeking through media while previewing from the Media Bin or Library.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.14 (2021-11-29):
- Fixed a memory leak that could cause Camtasia to become unresponsive after multiple mp4s were rendered using hardware acceleration.
- Fixed a bug that caused thumbnails for ProRes MOV files to render incorrectly.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.13 (2021-11-16):
- Added localized text for the Panopto output.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Device Frames to extend past the end of a media after a split.
- Fixed a bug that could cause erroneous text callout attributes to change when inserting a line break.
- Fixed a bug that could cause media to be added out of order when multiple media were added to the timeline from the Media Bin.
- Fixed a user-reported startup crash.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when adding .trec files with multi-byte characters in the filename.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when editing Clip Speed on machines that use commas as decimal separators.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.12 (2021-10-12):
- Added option to Recorder: Camera recording dimensions.
- Added option to Recorder: Camera target capture frame rate.
- Added an option not to install WebView2 when doing enterprise installs if a beta version is already installed.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Undo history to be corrupted when interrupting a mouse movement.
- Fixed a bug that could cause media to be copied when saving a standalone project as a new project that is not standalone.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the Zoom-n-Pan preview from updating correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused date sorting in the Media Bin to sort in reverse order.
- Fixed a bug to disallow characters in Theme names that could lead to a crash.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the stitch to be off by a frame when extending media with Clip Speed applied.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the editing caret to be invisible when editing text annotations.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error when adjusting a media’s clip speed on a magnetic track.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Recorder preferences to be unavailable if Camtasia cannot access the camera.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.11 (2021-09-20):
- Improved error handling when uploading to Panopto with Viewer-only access.
- Fixed a bug that could cause some exported mp4s to play back at an incorrect size in some players.
- Fixed a bug that prevented media on locked tracks from being added to Library assets.
- Fixed a bug that could cause waveforms to be drawn incorrectly when extending media.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.10 (2021-09-16):
- Added licensing support for proxy strings in the registry that include scheme.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent media with filenames containing multibyte characters from being imported.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an incorrect window to gain focus when the canvas is detached.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent presentations from being exported to Knowmia.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2021.0.9 (2021-09-14):
- Added option to Recorder: Customize shortcuts for Record/Pause/Resume and Stop.
- Added option to Recorder: Choose maximum capture frame rate.
- Added option to Recorder: Choose recording encoder.
- Recorder preferences are now set to factory defaults alongside the Editor when users select this option in Advanced Preferences.
- Uninstallation is now blocked if the Recorder is still running.
- Improved crash handling when a user’s license info is corrupted.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when previewing media in the Media Bin.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening a project.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when importing media.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when adding media to the timeline.
- Fixed a bug that could cause animations to render incorrectly on annotation tails.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a single Undo command to process more Undo actions than intended.
- Fixed a bug that prevented fragmented mp4s from being proxied.
- Fixed a bug that could cause fragmented mp4s to render intermittent black frames.
Homepage – https://www.techsmith.com/video-editor.html
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (64-bit) 1709 “Creators Update” version or later. (Recommended: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) “May 2020 Update” version or later.)
- macOS 10.14 (Recommended: macOS 11 or later)
Size: 466 MB