TechSmith Camtasia is the complete professional solution for high-quality screen recording, video editing and sharing. With support for a variety of video standards, you can ensure your content delivery now and in the future.
Use TechSmith software to record on-screen activity, customize and edit content, add interactive elements, and share your videos with anyone, on nearly any device. Construct more engaging videos faster with multiple video and audio tracks. Record high-quality videos in no time with Camtasia Studio’s advanced screen recorder.
Whether you’re recording HD video, a PowerPoint presentation, or a video game, you’ll get smooth playback. Easily import HD video, photos, music, and more to create unique videos that stand out.
Camtasia Studio also lets import existing videos you have for quick editing, and add images or your favorite song to enhance your videos or make a presentation your own.
- Intelligent capture controls that adapt to you
- Crystal-clear playback at any size with Camtasia SmartFocus
- Easy, versatile video sharing with TechSmith ExpressShow
- Precise editing and butter-smooth onscreen movement
- Professional content without a ton of production time
Quickly create eye-catching videos
- Stunning video effects. Apply Behaviors that are perfectly designed to animate your text, images, or icons. Get a crisp, polished look without being a professional video editor.
- Drag-and-drop editing. What you see is what you get. Every effect and element in your video can be dropped and edited directly in the preview window. And you can edit at resolutions up to beautiful 4K, for clear video at any size.
- Exceptional performance. Camtasia takes full advantage of your computer’s processor with 64-bit performance. You’ll get fast rendering times and enhanced stability – even on your most complex projects.
Training materials, educational content, product overviews, marketing videos
- Animated backgrounds. You’ll have access to a variety of backgrounds that grab attention right from the start.
- Music tracks. Use music to set the mood of your video. All tracks are royalty free and safe to use on YouTube and Vimeo.
- Icons. Choose from hundreds of icons, or bring in your own straight from your computer.
- Motion graphics. Get lower thirds, intro slides, and more so you can start quickly and look great.
Camtasia Features built to help you make better videos:
- SCREEN RECORDER. Record any part of your screen, down to the pixel.
- WEBCAM. Webcam lets you add a personal touch to your video.
- MEDIA. Import images, audio, and video up to 4K resolution.
- ANNOTATIONS. Arrows, callouts, shapes, and more help you get your point across.
- TRANSITIONS. Add an intro/outro to the beginning or end of a clip, image, shape, or text.
- ANIMATIONS. Zoom, pan, or create your own custom motion effects.
- VOICE NARRATION. A great way to add context to what you’re showing.
- AUDIO EFFECTS. Add audio effects to recordings, music, or narration to enhance your video.
- VISUAL EFFECTS. Adjust colors, add a drop shadow, change the clip speed, and more.
- INTERACTIVITY. Add quizzes to see who is watching your videos, and how much they’ve viewed.
- GREEN SCREEN. Put yourself in your video making it appear like you’re right in the action.
- MULTI-TRACK TIMELINE. Build your videos quickly with multiple tracks for images, video, text, and audio.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2020.0.8 (September 3, 2020):
- Added capability in Editor to Add Exported Frame by right-clicking on the playhead.
- Added clearer language informing users when licensing limits are reached.
- Added clearer language informing users when Legacy Callouts are upgraded.
- Renamed Share button and menu to Export in the Editor.
- Added option to Export Smart Player files for hosting or use hosted Smart Player files.
- Fixed an XML eXternal Entity (XXE) issue that could allow a remote attacker to destroy privileged files or — in some environments — elevate privileges through a maliciously crafted configuration file.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating a Project from a Template twice in a row.
- Fixed a crash that could intermittently occur when searching for the Documents folder.
- Fixed a bug that prevented transitions from being deleted from media on the timeline.
- Fixed a bug that stopped the timeline selection from collapsing after a cut.
- Fixed a bug that prevented waveforms from updating correctly in some cases.
- Fixed capitalization of French, Spanish, and Portuguese languages in the installer.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2020.0.7 (August 12, 2020):
- Added support for Spanish language.
- Added support for Portuguese language.
- Improved accessibility for screen readers.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Track Matte indicators from moving when rearranging tracks.
- Transition names are now sorted alphabetically in all languages.
- Fixed bug that could make the Theme Manager appear at an incorrect size.
- Fixed a user-reported startup crash.
- Fixed bug that prevented users from retrying a failed uninstallation.
- Fixed a bug that could leave undesired files on a user’s file system after uninstallation.
- Uninstall errors now display in the installation’s selected language.
- Fixed bug that could cause waveforms to display the incorrect amplitude after LUFS normalization.
- Fixed bug that caused Media Details to show the wrong path after a Template was saved as a project.
- Fixed bug that could cause Camtasia to ask for a license key when already authorized.
- Fixed bug that could cause dragging of media into a Group to fail.
- Fixed bug that could prevent the timeline from scrolling or zooming properly.
- Fixed a crash when clicking on a callout with RTL text ending in a carriage return.
- Localization fixes.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2020.0.6 (July 22, 2020):
- Added Track Solo feature to Editor.
- Added capability for organizations’ proxy servers to be used when contacting the TechSmith licensing servers.
- Added improvements for high DPI monitors and multi-monitor mixed DPI scenarios.
- Error conditions preventing installation will now display in the selected language.
- It is now possible to paste Behaviors onto Groups.
- Improved crash reporting.
- Fixed bug that caused some webcams to exhibit poor sync between audio and video.
- Fixed bug that caused some ProRes videos to render incorrectly.
- Localization fixes.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2020.0.5 (June 29, 2020):
- Fixed a user-reported startup crash.
- Fixed a bug where German trial users were unable to produce with a watermark.
- Fixed a bug that could stop Select in Media Bin from scrolling to the correct media.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2020.0.4 (June 16, 2020):
- Added option to share to TechSmith Knowmia in Camtasia Editor.
- Removed option to share to TechSmith Relay.
- Modernized look and feel of the Help/About dialog.
- Added maintenance number to version display.
- Camtasia now allows users to enter a different license number when reinstalling.
- Fixed a user-reported startup crash.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2020.0.3 (June 5, 2020):
- Added Track Reorder feature to Editor.
- Fixed a crash that could occur using source media saved to OneDrive.
- Fixed bug that prevented users from editing multiple animation keyframes simultaneously.
- Fixed bug that prevented local SmartPlayer productions from displaying in fullscreen in IE11.
- Fixed bug that prevented licensing messaging from appearing in some cases.
- Camtasia now tries multiple times to reach the licensing service before prompting users to activate offline.
- Fixed bug that prevented thumbnails from being shown in the Theme Manager and the Properties panel.
- Fixed crash on import of a WMV file with no video stream.
- Improved memory usage when creating new projects.
- Files with a .tif or .tiff extension can now be added to a project.
- Properties are no longer shown for Annotations when those properties do not apply.
- Fixed problem that could prevent audio from being decoded from some source media.
- Fixed problem that could prevent some MOV source files from being imported.
- Camtasia now prevents import of certain invalid MOV files instead of crashing.
- Audio-only projects that contain groups now behave like audio-only projects when sharing.
- Interactivity features (e.g. quizzing and hotspots) are now sent when producing to Video Review.
- Fixed timing issue that could occur when applying clip speed to media with Visual Effects or Behaviors.
- Fixed issue that could cause the Powerpoint recording prompt to appear offscreen.
- Fixed issue that could cause projects with many edits to consume a large amount of RAM and potentially crash.
- Fixed appearance of Disable Track buttons.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using Zoom-n-Pan.
- Fixed issue that caused Camtasia Editor to lose focus when importing projects.
- Fixed issue that prevented users from exporting Themes more than once.
- Fixed issue that caused Fade transitions upgraded from old projects to fade in reverse.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2020.0.2 (7 May, 2020):
- Fixed bug that caused some pre-2018 projects to upgrade with incorrect Visual FX order.
- Fixed bug that caused webcam to ignore the selected framerate for recording.
- Fixed text alignment for right-to-left languages.
- Fixed bug that caused projects to become unstable when loaded with a missing image.
- Fixed bug that could lead to corrupt recordings when launching a recording when the webcam was in use.
- Added EULA for Chinese customers.
- Fixed crash when trying to get user info for users with multi-byte characters in their username.
- Fixed crash when importing MOV/MP4 files with multiple codecs.
- Fixed crash when importing a WAV file with an mp3 extension.
- Fixed bug that kept text in an edit state after clicking the Undo button.
- Fixed bug that caused Color Tint presets to keep incorrect easing values.
- Fixed crash when trying to save to a network drive that is unavailable.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2020.0.1 (April 29, 2020):
- Added ability to replace timeline media with other media on the timeline.
- Added ability to export Template file from the Template Manager menu.
- Set .WAV as the default audio format when exporting audio only.
- Added ability to set default placeholder media duration in user preferences.
- Fixed issue that prevented Powerpoint Add-In from working with 32-bit Powerpoint.
- Fixed crash when adding a Group with media selected to the Library.
- Fixed crash when selecting undo after replacing audio-only media on the timeline.
- Fixed a problem that prevented Camtasia from launching when installed by a different user.
- Stopped video playback before automatic check for invalid licenses.
- Fixed startup crash experienced by users with double-byte characters in their usernames.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2020.0.0 (April 28, 2020):
- Added ability to replace timeline media via drag and drop from the Media Bin or Library.
- Added placeholder media type.
- Added Template projects.
- Added Template Manager.
- Added ability to favorite most frequently used tools and annotations.
- Added ability to configure and save tool and annotation presets.
- Added ability to export and share themes individually.
- Added ability to export and share keyboard shortcuts individually.
- Added ability to export multiple templates, libraries, themes, shortcuts, presets and favorites as a package.
- Added Magnetic Track option to Editor.
- Added Ripple Insert from Media Bin or Library options.
- Added ability to Ripple Move media on the timeline.
- Added Ripple Trim option to timeline editing.
- Added callout styles theme support to Annotations.
- Added Auto-resize Text toggle button to Properties panel.
- Added Media Bin layout, filtering, and sorting enhancements.
- Added Select/Delete Unused Media option to Media Bin.
- Added Select on Timeline option to Media Bin.
- Added ability to find and select media in Media Bin to timeline.
- Added ability to double-click empty space in Media Bin to open media files.
- Added ability to move playhead on empty timeline.
- Added ability to detach timeline from Editor.
- Added Track Matte feature supporting four modes: Alpha, Alpha Invert, Luminosity, and Luminosity Invert.
- Added high frame rate recording mode to Recorder preferences.
- Added Reverse Transition toggle button to Properties panel.
- Added ability to set GIF loop count when exporting animated GIF.
- Added automatic Group size support.
- Added ability to set specific Group size.
- Added ability to set specific Library asset size.
- Added clipping mask to Group boundary.
- Refreshed fonts shipped with Camtasia.
- Added ProRes decoding support.
- Added support for pitch normalization when Clip Speed is added to media with audio.
- Added ability to apply multiple visual effects to Groups.
- Added ability to edit project videos at 25 and 50 frames per second.
- Added both free and premium templates, themes, and assets to the TechSmith Asset store.
- Retired support for .camrec recording format.
- Retired legacy callout display support.
- Added single stream recording capabilities (audio only, webcam only, screen only) to Recorder.
- Added system audio VU meter to Recorder.
- Added ability to record webcams at higher resolutions and frame rates.
- Added ability to record h.264 video in .TREC container.
- Added preference to set default animation easing.
- Retired support for Windows 7.
- Retired support for Windows 8.
- Retired converting SWF format to AVI format.
- Retired support for Camtasia 8 projects.
- Retired legacy Device Frames.
- Retired AVI recording support.
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2019.0.10 (March 10, 2020):
- Fixed .camrec files were not decoded correctly.
- Fixed crash when importing MP4 files from Android 9 mobile devices
- Fixed Decoding files recorded on LG4 cell phones
- Fixed Issue that caused black frames to appear in web camera videos when encoding to storage media
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2019.0.9 (January 21, 2020):
- Fixed issue that prevented use of Visual Effects for users with non-English characters in their usernames
- Fixed crash while sharing to Video Review for users with non-English characters in their usernames
- Fixed issue that caused GPU usage to grow continuously after audio tracks were analyzed
- Fixed crash when finishing a recording without opening the Camtasia Editor
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2019.0.8 (November 26, 2019):
- Fixed issue that moved Camtasia Editor to the wrong location when restoring the window
- Added ability to move playhead to a location where no media has been added
- Fixed a crash that could happen when previewing a transition after previewing a media in the Media Bin
- Fixed issue to allow sharing to Video Review from outside the United States
- Added ability to export a zipped project for filenames longer than 260 characters
- Fixed issue where a duplicate cursor would display after a stitching media
- Fixed problems with variable-bit-rate MP3 files that could cause skips or glitches
- Fixed intermittent crash while scrubbing the timeline
- Fixed crash when extending the beginning of an MP4
- Added an error message when importing a corrupt .trec file
- Fixed crash when exporting to MP3
- Tool menus no longer persist when switching between tools using keyboard shorcuts
- Fixed issue that caused canvas to resize when dragging media into the Camtasia Editor
- Fixed issue issue for incorrect display of location to drag media
- Fixed issue exporting images to the JPEG format
- Fixed issue that caused animations to shift when unstitching media
- Fixed issue with location of the canvas when it has been detached
Changes in TechSmith Camtasia 2019.0.7 (August 27, 2019):
- Fixed an issue that caused delays in timeline edits for stitched media
- Fixed crash when loading projects with missing TREC files
- Updated Screencast.com to use the latest TechSmith Account integration
- SCORM 2004 editions are now listed in SCORM options
- Added option for Enterprise users to disable quizzing in the TechSmith Deployment Tool
Homepage – https://www.techsmith.com/video-editor.html
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (Required: 64 Bit versions only).
- MacOS 10.5 or later (Rendering is not supported on external USB monitors)
Size: 515 MB