Stereoscopic Player is a versatile 3D movie player. It allows you to play stereoscopic videos and DVDs (external decoder required) and also allows you to watch live video from a capture device.
Since it is based on DirectShow, it can handle almost any media format, for example AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF and MOV. Videos can be coded in several different stereoscopic formats.
The Player can play stereoscopic movie files and 3D-DVDs. Also you can watch stereoscopic webcast as well as live images from your camera or TV card.
Stereoscopic Player supports all major 3D video formats. Also it supports a wide range of 3D hardware, including anaglyph glasses, shutterglasses, autostereoscopic displays and projection systems.
There is no real-time conversion algorithm available which works reasonably well. Computer are not smart enough to understand what’s in the foreground and what’s in the background yet. Since Stereoscopic Player is a high quality product, no inferior conversion algorithms were incorporated into the player. Stereoscopic Player requires real stereoscopic movies, containing both left and right view.
Please note that Stereoscopic Player can not convert 2D content to 3D!
Stereoscopic Player General features:
- Easy-to-use user interface
- Supports Video for Windows (*.avi), MPEG-1 (*.mpg), MPEG-2 (*.mpg, *.m2ts, *.mts, *.ts), MP4 (*.mp4), 3D Blu-ray files (*.ssif), Windows Media (*.wmv, *.asf), QuickTime (*.mov), Material Exchange Format (*.mxf), Matroska (*.mkv) and Flash (*.flv)
- Supports photos in mpo, jpg, jps, tif, gif, png and bmp format
- Windows Media streaming
- Supports Windows Media Dual Stream files
- Supports separate left/right files
- Playback of any other format supported by third party DirectShow decoders
- Supports MXF files of Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs), including XYZ to RGB color space conversion
- Digital Rights Management (for stereoscopic Windows Media files only)
- Windows Media 7.1 and 5.1 multichannel audio decoding
- 3D-DVD playback 1
- Live playback from capture devices (TV card, DV camcorder, …)
- Built-in video library stores settings for each movie
- Retrieves data from stereoscopic metadata servers
- Import and export of stereoscopic metafiles
- Command line control
- OLE automation
- Compatible with Windows Media Center IR remote control
- Synchronized control of external effects via DMX512 (compatible with OpenDMX hardware), serial port and execution of programs and scripts.
- DXVA2-based GPU-accelerated video decoding
Stereoscopic Player is the only software available which can play 3D-DVDs. However, it does not provide its own decoders, so you have to install third party DVD decoders first. The following free decoders are recommended.
Changes in Stereoscopic Player 2.5.1 (November 29, 2019):
- Added option to change the folder playback sort order
- Changed: Migrated C# code from Visual Studio 2017 to Visual Studio 2019.
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.73.1.
- Fixed deadlock when format selection dialog is opened while the player is in the background
Changes in Stereoscopic Player 2.5.0 (October 16, 2018):
- Removed support for Windows XP.
- Changed: Migrated code from Visual Studio 2015 to Visual Studio 2017.
- Changed: Migrated code from .NET Framework 4.0 to .NET Framework 4.7.2.
- Changed: Migrated installer from WiX 3.10 to Wix 3.11.1.
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.71.
- Fixed DLL pre-loading vulnerability in the installer.
Homepage – http://3dtv.at/Index_en.aspx
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- Official languages: English, German
- Languages added by users (translations might be incomplete): Spanish, French, Dutch, Portuguese (Brazilian), Italian, Russian, Japanese, Polish, Hungarian, Finnish. Thanks very much to Ignacio Aldazabal, Paupert Francois, Peter Jacobs, Marco Lopes, Daniele Pagliani, Vladimir Simchenko, Masuji Suto, Andrzej Waluk, Dr. Imre Zsolnai-Nagy and Tapio Hellman for doing these translations.
Supported stereo layouts:
- Interlaced (Field-Sequential)
- Side by Side
- Multi-View (Tiled)
- SENSIO Hi-Fi 3D
- SIS Attachment
The above layouts rotated by 90° are also supported. In addition, Stereoscopic Player supports separate files for left and right view and optionally for the soundtrack.
Supported viewing methods:
- Picture in Picture
- Dual Screen Output
- NVIDIA 3D Vision
- AMD HD3D (requires Windows Vista or better)
- Intel Stereo Driver (requires Windows 7 or better)
- Quad Buffered DirectX (requires Windows 8 or better)
- Quad Buffered OpenGL
- Sharp 3D Display
- 3D Enabled DLP-TV
- Tridelity SL Series 3D Displays
- Tridelity MV Series 3D-Displays
- Generic Single-Viewer Displays
- Generic Multi-Viewer Displays
- Oculus Rift (headtracking is not supported yet)
- SIS Attachment
- Side by Side
- Side by Side for 3D-TVs
- Over/Under for 3D-TVs
- Row Interlaced
- Column Interlaced
- True Anaglyph Red – Blue
- True Anaglyph Red – Green
- Gray Anaglyph Red – Cyan
- Gray Anaglyph Yellow – Blue
- Gray Anaglyph Green – Magenta
- Half Color Anaglyph Red – Cyan
- Half Color Anaglyph Yellow – Blue
- Half Color Anaglyph Green – Magenta
- Color Anaglyph Red – Cyan
- Color Anaglyph Yellow – Blue
- Color Anaglyph Green – Magenta
- Optimized Anaglyph Red – Cyan
- Optimized Anaglyph Yellow – Blue
- Optimized Anaglyph Green – Magenta
Supported DMX interfaces:
- ENTTEC Open DMX USB
- ENTTEC DMX USB Pro
- EUROLITE USB-DMX512-PRO
Size: 88.2 MB