MediaMonkey is a music manager and media jukebox for serious music collectors and iPod users. It catalogs your CDs, OGG, WMA, MPC, FLAC, APE, WAV and MP3 audio files.
The program looks up missing Album Art and track information via Freedb and the web, and includes an intelligent tag editor and an automated file and directory renamer to organize your music library.
Its player automatically adjusts volume levels so that you don’t have continually fiddle with the volume control. And supports hundreds of Winamp plug-ins and visualizations. Or if you prefer, it can use Winamp as the default player.
MediaMonkey includes a CD ripper, CD/DVD Burner, and audio converter for saving music, and manual or automated playlist editors for creating music mixes.
It also includes portable audio device synchronization that allows you to synch tracks and play lists with devices such as the iPod and other portable audio devices.
- Organize music and edit tags in your audio library with a powerful, intuitive interface
- Automatically lookup and tag Album Art and other metadata
- Manage 50,000+ files in your music collection without bogging down
- Play MP3s and other audio formats, and never again worry about varying volume
- Record CDs into OGG, MP3, FLAC and WMA files
- Convert MP3s, OGG, FLAC and WMA files into other formats with the Audio Converter
- Create playlists and music mixes quickly and easily to suit any occasion
- Synchronize with iPods / MP3 players effortlessly and convert tracks on-the-fly
Plus much more…
- Find music with advanced search functionality that digs through your collection to find tracks according to almost any criteria that you can think of. Search for Composer, Year, Beats per minute; find Lyrics, etc. and stop pulling your hair out trying to find music you know you have.
- Customize your library by setting filters to display only Artists or Albums that match criteria that you set.
- Encode unlimited MP3s without having to manually install a new MP3 encoder (the free version of MediaMonkey includes a time-limited LAME MP3 encoder.
- Catalog your physical CDs and use the Virtual CD feature to keep track of what CDs you own and at the same time see which subset of tracks from those CDs are copied to your hard drive. Instead of tracking your CDs and tracks separately, the virtual CD function gives you an integrated view..
- Import and save audio tracks from Audio CDs and MP3 CDs with unprecedented flexibility using the Virtual CD. It allows you to sample tracks from various sources, select which ones you want to import, and then import and save the files in a single operation.
- Create Previews, short samples of audio tracks, that you can use when trying to decide which audio files you want to add to your collection.
- Use a Sleep Timer to play your music, gradually fade it over a set period of time, and then turn off your PC – perfect for listening to tunes before you go to sleep.
- Burn CDs at the maximum speed permitted by your hardware.
All MediaMonkey Gold Features:
- Audio / Music Manager
- Media Player (play MP3, OGG, WMA etc.)
- Equalizer / DSP Effects / Volume Leveler
- Party Mode and Auto-DJ
- CD Ripper: Encode MP3, OGG, WMA, FLAC
- Audio Converter
- Auto Renamer / File Organizer
- Auto Tag Editor with Album Art Lookup
- Find Duplicate Tracks and Missing Tags
- Playlist Manager (auto music mixes)
- Generate reports and statistics
- Customization via scripts
- iPod and MP3 Player Synchronization
- Integrated CD/DVD Burner (Audio & Data) (up to 48x) (up to 4x)
- File Monitor (automatically updates library)
- Advanced Searches and AutoPlaylists
- Advanced Portable Device Synchronization with on-the-fly format conversion
- Unlimited MP3 encoding
- Virtual CD / Previews
- Advanced Filters
- Sleep Timer
- Device config clearness issues
- Player: some items rendered/positioned incorrectly
- Auto-tag: fingerprint lookup initiates metadata search for a different file
- Auto-tag: Album selection window appears high and then low
- Auto-tag: fields with recommended metadata don’t always display tooltip
- Unsubscribing podcast does not work once user selects to not delete episodes
- Selection: CTRL-deselection isn’t visible
- Now Playing Tracks aren’t highlighted correctly when selected
- Player: rating tooltip persists
- FLAC files does not show file metadata over MTP under the Device > Folders subnodes
- Deleting device folder silently fails (for MTP devices)
- Mass edit of date fails (updates just the year part)
- ESC doesn’t close context menu
- Composer suggestion linked incorrectly in inline edit
- User cannot choose active layout in Options – Library – Layout.
- Downloading from cloud issues
What’s New in MediaMonkey 4:
- Video support. MediaMonkey 4 extends it’s functionality to the realm of Video (AVI, MP4, WMV, etc.). It plays, syncs, tags, and organizes video files in the same way that it does for Audio.
- Collections. Makes it easy to manage multiple collections from a single UI. Whether they are Classical music collections, Movie Collections, Music Video Collections, etc.
- Sharing. Allows you to share collections via industry-standard UPnP/DLNA so that your xBox, PS3, or DLNA-enabled television can play your music and videos.
- Automatic synchronization. MediaMonkey 4 adds support for a variety of devices, so that transferring media is simply a matter of connecting. Supported devices include iPhone, iPad, iPod, Blackberry, Android, and others.
- New audio system. Now offers higher quality / lower latency audio, via the Windows Audio Session API.
- Portable mode. MediaMonkey 4 can now be run from a USB device so that you can take it, along with your music collection, to whatever Windows PC you’re using.
- Secure ripping. MediaMonkey 4 adds secure ripping to ensure that CDs are copied with the greatest accuracy possible by slowing down the discs rotational speed whenever inaccuracies are detected.
- Easier than ever. MediaMonkey 4 adds a whole slew of usability improvements making it easier to use than ever before. These include: an installation wizard, automated download of languages / codecs, tabbed UI, contextual toolbar, integrated file monitoring, new skins, etc.
Homepage – https://www.mediamonkey.com
MediaMonkey for Windows is supported on 32/64 bit versions of Windows 10 (desktop), 8 (desktop), Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, but is also known to work on WINE (Linux). Simply double-click the downloaded file to install it.
MediaMonkey supports over 15 languages: English, Afrikaans, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Slovakian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
Size: 15.5 MB