It connects PC to stereo, TV, remote control devices, digital cameras, scanners, and portable MP3 players. It plays all media, rips, burns, and organizes all your music, images, and video.
JRiver Media Center encodes and plays all popular media formats. Powerful utilities include Media Server for streaming music and images to remote PCs.
JRiver Media Center is more than a world class media player. It’s also a Media Network, a whole house music, movie, TV, and photo solution. The leader in audiophile quality sound. The most powerful media database available; an essential tool for large collections.
JRiver Media Center is a DirectShow player. Obsessive taggers will be delighted with cover art and metadata options. And MC backs up your work.
JRiver Media Center supports more cell phones, MP3 players, DLNA, and other devices. Powers an HTPC to entertain your family. Even different playback in multiple zones. And it can record high definition TV, and provide a replacement for cable TV. It has a Theater View interface, controllable by a MC Remote, an iPad, iPhone, Android, a Windows netbook or Touchscreen.
JRiver Media Center has a streamlined user interface designed to make it even easier to organize, find and play your digital files, and to connect to hardware devices. Make a CD of music for your car. Record your favorite shows and watch them on your TV. Play different music simultaneously in different rooms. MC’s Media Server can even stream your music to your PC at work!
JRiver Media Center Features:
- Audiophile – WASAPI exclusive output using high-end USB DACs.
- Native support of DirectShow DSP filters.
- Audiophile – Added ability to play files from memory instead of disk.
- Headphone DSP makes listening more natural and comfortable.
- Audiophile – Support for high end USB DAC’s with WASAPI.
- SoundcardSwitch command for the launcher, allows soundcard selection.
- 3D album view adjusts text size to display more tracks when necessary.
- 3D album view allows playing, adding, shuffling, and adding as next to play.
- Image Preview allows zoom from a thumbnail to rotate, delete, compare, edit, and more.
- Image thumbnail frames (optional).
- Photoshop PSD file support.
- Single command copy/send to an editor like Photoshop, and stack new image with original.
- Video tagging using sidecar files.
- Chapter Support for MKV and MP4.
- Chapters added to On Screen Display.
- Info Panel displays metadata.
- Added new “watched” column to metadata.
- EPG can automatically retrieve XMLTV data.
- Automatic correlation of XML channel names and MC channel names.
- Info Panel displays metadata, including TV program art.
- TV program art from YADB.
- Watch Hulu and YouTube from Theater View
- Customizable nested views in Theater View
- Customizable File Info panel to display metadata
- Speed and quality enhancements
- Custom backgrounds
- Touch screen support
- On screen clock
Remotes and Servers
- Wiki articles: Remotes and Servers
- Remote Relay using IR transceivers for controlling a set top box or receiver
- Remote Setup Wizard
- Media Center Remote learning and blasting
- Media Center can connect to another Media Center to act as a remote (TRemote)
- New HID remote control plug-in supports shortcuts with keyboard, mouse and gamepad
- Remote control with REST based Web Service Interface in Library Server
- Library Server supports read and write to allow for shared, multi-user database access
- DLNA added to the UPnP Server
- Library Server clients can write changes back to server
- Library Server connections allow playback on server as Playing Now zones
JRiver Media Center plays more file formats than any other player. Connected media from Netflix, Hulu, Last.fm, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia. And it sends to Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 25.0.81 (2019-07-23):
- NEW: Added a 3.1 output mode to JRSS (enabled with PCM or Dolby Digital). Feedback appreciated.
- NEW: Added File > Export All to iTunes & iPhone to export your entire library instead of just a single playlist.
- Changed: Tuned the display of audio formats in Audio Path so the display is “5.1 channels”, etc. instead of “6 channels” when it’s in that mode.
- Changed: When you said to keep five downloads, it would keep five then download a sixth. Now it prunes to four before starting the download.
- Changed: The mode selection page on TV Recording setup wizard is also put inside a scrolling container to ensure all controls can be seen.
- Changed: Transcoding video will ensure the result fits inside the selected resolution, instead of exceeding it in some cases, improving playback compatibility with a variety of devices.
- NEW: Importing from iTunes brings the ratings, date last played (if it’s newer than you played in MC), and the play count and skip count (if they’re greater than MC).
- NEW: Added “Series ID” and “Program ID” to the Standard View EPG tooltips.
- Changed: TCP sockets could have hung to partially dead devices, added a write timeout.
- Changed: When a TCP connection is closed because of a cancel, force the connection to be broken down immediately.
- Changed: The increments for the mouse wheel in Room Correction for the speaker distance are now 0.1 ft or 0.01 meters.
- NEW: Added the option to “Enable pane tagging” to the panes to allow tagging and the checkboxes to be turned off.
- NEW: Ctrl+Shift+V pasting will accept a series of strings on the clipboard (separated by newlines) and paste them into a single selected field.
- Fixed: Uninstalling a DSP plugin could crash.
Homepage – https://www.jriver.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 10
JRiver Media Center has the following general system requirements under Mac OSX.
- Intel-based Mac
- OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or later
- Mac with GPU supporting OpenGL 3.2 required for video support.
- OSX 10.7.5 (Lion) or later required for video support, and recommended for best experience
- OSX 10.9.5 (Mavericks) or later, and compatible hardware, is required to use integer playback mode.
JRiver Media Center is built and tested on Debian Jessie in both 32 and 64bit flavours.
However Media Center has been shown to run without issue on numerous other distributions including
- Debian derivatives such as Ubuntu or Raspbian
Size: 36.1 MB