It connects PC to stereo, TV, remote control devices, digital cameras, scanners, and portable MP3 players. It plays all media, rips, burns, and organizes all your music, images, and video.
JRiver Media Center encodes and plays all popular media formats. Powerful utilities include Media Server for streaming music and images to remote PCs.
JRiver Media Center is more than a world class media player. It’s also a Media Network, a whole house music, movie, TV, and photo solution. The leader in audiophile quality sound. The most powerful media database available; an essential tool for large collections.
JRiver Media Center is a DirectShow player. Obsessive taggers will be delighted with cover art and metadata options. And MC backs up your work.
JRiver Media Center supports more cell phones, MP3 players, DLNA, and other devices. Powers an HTPC to entertain your family. Even different playback in multiple zones. And it can record high definition TV, and provide a replacement for cable TV. It has a Theater View interface, controllable by a MC Remote, an iPad, iPhone, Android, a Windows netbook or Touchscreen.
JRiver Media Center has a streamlined user interface designed to make it even easier to organize, find and play your digital files, and to connect to hardware devices. Make a CD of music for your car. Record your favorite shows and watch them on your TV. Play different music simultaneously in different rooms. MC’s Media Server can even stream your music to your PC at work!
JRiver Media Center Features:
- Audiophile – WASAPI exclusive output using high-end USB DACs.
- Native support of DirectShow DSP filters.
- Audiophile – Added ability to play files from memory instead of disk.
- Headphone DSP makes listening more natural and comfortable.
- Audiophile – Support for high end USB DAC’s with WASAPI.
- SoundcardSwitch command for the launcher, allows soundcard selection.
- 3D album view adjusts text size to display more tracks when necessary.
- 3D album view allows playing, adding, shuffling, and adding as next to play.
- Image Preview allows zoom from a thumbnail to rotate, delete, compare, edit, and more.
- Image thumbnail frames (optional).
- Photoshop PSD file support.
- Single command copy/send to an editor like Photoshop, and stack new image with original.
- Video tagging using sidecar files.
- Chapter Support for MKV and MP4.
- Chapters added to On Screen Display.
- Info Panel displays metadata.
- Added new “watched” column to metadata.
- EPG can automatically retrieve XMLTV data.
- Automatic correlation of XML channel names and MC channel names.
- Info Panel displays metadata, including TV program art.
- TV program art from YADB.
- Watch Hulu and YouTube from Theater View
- Customizable nested views in Theater View
- Customizable File Info panel to display metadata
- Speed and quality enhancements
- Custom backgrounds
- Touch screen support
- On screen clock
Remotes and Servers
- Wiki articles: Remotes and Servers
- Remote Relay using IR transceivers for controlling a set top box or receiver
- Remote Setup Wizard
- Media Center Remote learning and blasting
- Media Center can connect to another Media Center to act as a remote (TRemote)
- New HID remote control plug-in supports shortcuts with keyboard, mouse and gamepad
- Remote control with REST based Web Service Interface in Library Server
- Library Server supports read and write to allow for shared, multi-user database access
- DLNA added to the UPnP Server
- Library Server clients can write changes back to server
- Library Server connections allow playback on server as Playing Now zones
JRiver Media Center plays more file formats than any other player. Connected media from Netflix, Hulu, Last.fm, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia. And it sends to Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 28.0.76 (2021-10-16):
- Changed: Audio analysis will engage HDCD processing if it’s enabled (you might need to reanalyze your HDCD files).
- NEW: Added an information message box to the skin to show sunrise, sunset, and the current effect.
- Changed: The spacing between rows in a list would add room for the image column even if it wasn’t there.
- Changed: Setting HDCD to “1” will clear the audio analysis results so they run again (since enabling processing changes the results).
- Changed: Improved handling of timestamps when dealing with Transport Stream streaming TV channels (DMS channels, some IPTV channels, and CableCARD channels on Linux/Mac).
- Fixed (probably): Playback of Transport Stream streaming TV channels could be messed up if the stream changed its Program Clock Reference (outside of regular resetting due to counter overflow).
- Changed: The spacing between item rows in a list would leave space for an image column even if it wasn’t there.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 28.0.75 (2021-10-13):
- Fixed: Some expression code was slowing things down.
- Changed: Twilight is lighter between sunrise and sunset then darkens at sunset (gradual fading for 30 minutes on either side).
- Fixed: MHT support in View Extras wasn’t fully implemented.
- Fixed: When watching Netflix, it could jump back to Theater View.
- Fixed: The skip intro/recap buttons in Netflix were not being automatically selected anymore.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 28.0.73 (2021-10-10):
- NEW: Added a checkbox to library fields “Allow custom data to override the expression” that will allow editing the value of an expression and then show the edited value instead of the expression (just empty to bring the expression back).
- Changed: The Twilight skin no longer changes the skin effects.
- Changed: The Twilight skin fading would not take effect until a little while after it was loaded.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 28.0.66 (2021-09-18):
- Changed: A little more tuning to tab creation to hopefully avoid some possible problems.
- Fixed: MC could hang if TV recording was started on a channel with no signal.
- Changed: If an OpenCABLE or Sat>IP channel has no signal for 30 consecutive seconds, a notification is sent to TV engine and the tuner will be shutdown.
- Changed: Made opening a new tab have no history.
- Fixed: Locking a tab then navigating into an artist, genre, etc. and then going back would open a new tab.
- Changed: Switched the icons in the MakeMKV title selection dialog tree.
- Fixed: IPTV channels streaming HLS format might end up not playing if MC failed to get its MIME type during start up, even though the URL contains “m3u8” extension.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 28.0.63 (2021-09-13):
- Changed: Added some auto-selection logic when checking titles or items in the MakeMKV title selection dialog.
- Fixed: Transitioning between images and videos in a playlist would crash.
- Changed: When ripping using MakeMKV, changed the open disc sequence to run in the background.
- Changed: When IPTV is automatically paused due to buffering, OSD “Buffering…” is shown briefly.
- Fixed: Loading saved views was not always working properly.
- Fixed: Image Tags in Ogg and Opus files are saved in a more compatible manner.
- Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
Changes in JRiver Media Center 28.0.53 (2021-08-22):
- NEW: Locked tabs are saved between program runs.
- Changed: Loading a saved view will clear all the tab locks.
- Changed: Tuned expression escapement for the ListMix functions so they only evaluate if certain functions are found in the new expression instead of anything with a parenthesis.
- Changed: Added handling of encrypted HLS streams in IPTV. Still does not work for all such channels. For those channels that work fine, time-shifting and recording are available now.
- Fixed: MC did not handle HLS files with finite size (i.e. not live TV, such as VOD) so that those IPTV channels could not run in time-shifting mode.
- Fixed: IPTV URLs with redirect was not handled properly.
- Fixed: Some IPTV channels with relative URLs were not handled properly.
Homepage – https://www.jriver.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 10
JRiver Media Center has the following general system requirements under Mac OSX.
- Intel-based Mac
- OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or later
- Mac with GPU supporting OpenGL 3.2 required for video support.
- OSX 10.7.5 (Lion) or later required for video support, and recommended for best experience
- OSX 10.9.5 (Mavericks) or later, and compatible hardware, is required to use integer playback mode.
JRiver Media Center is built and tested on Debian Jessie in both 32 and 64bit flavours.
However Media Center has been shown to run without issue on numerous other distributions including
- Debian derivatives such as Ubuntu or Raspbian
Size: 38.9 MB