It connects PC to stereo, TV, remote control devices, digital cameras, scanners, and portable MP3 players. It plays all media, rips, burns, and organizes all your music, images, and video.
JRiver Media Center encodes and plays all popular media formats. Powerful utilities include Media Server for streaming music and images to remote PCs.
JRiver Media Center is more than a world class media player. It’s also a Media Network, a whole house music, movie, TV, and photo solution. The leader in audiophile quality sound. The most powerful media database available; an essential tool for large collections.
JRiver Media Center is a DirectShow player. Obsessive taggers will be delighted with cover art and metadata options. And MC backs up your work.
JRiver Media Center supports more cell phones, MP3 players, DLNA, and other devices. Powers an HTPC to entertain your family. Even different playback in multiple zones. And it can record high definition TV, and provide a replacement for cable TV. It has a Theater View interface, controllable by a MC Remote, an iPad, iPhone, Android, a Windows netbook or Touchscreen.
JRiver Media Center has a streamlined user interface designed to make it even easier to organize, find and play your digital files, and to connect to hardware devices. Make a CD of music for your car. Record your favorite shows and watch them on your TV. Play different music simultaneously in different rooms. MC’s Media Server can even stream your music to your PC at work!
JRiver Media Center Features:
- Audiophile – WASAPI exclusive output using high-end USB DACs.
- Native support of DirectShow DSP filters.
- Audiophile – Added ability to play files from memory instead of disk.
- Headphone DSP makes listening more natural and comfortable.
- Audiophile – Support for high end USB DAC’s with WASAPI.
- SoundcardSwitch command for the launcher, allows soundcard selection.
- 3D album view adjusts text size to display more tracks when necessary.
- 3D album view allows playing, adding, shuffling, and adding as next to play.
- Image Preview allows zoom from a thumbnail to rotate, delete, compare, edit, and more.
- Image thumbnail frames (optional).
- Photoshop PSD file support.
- Single command copy/send to an editor like Photoshop, and stack new image with original.
- Video tagging using sidecar files.
- Chapter Support for MKV and MP4.
- Chapters added to On Screen Display.
- Info Panel displays metadata.
- Added new “watched” column to metadata.
- EPG can automatically retrieve XMLTV data.
- Automatic correlation of XML channel names and MC channel names.
- Info Panel displays metadata, including TV program art.
- TV program art from YADB.
- Watch Hulu and YouTube from Theater View
- Customizable nested views in Theater View
- Customizable File Info panel to display metadata
- Speed and quality enhancements
- Custom backgrounds
- Touch screen support
- On screen clock
Remotes and Servers
- Wiki articles: Remotes and Servers
- Remote Relay using IR transceivers for controlling a set top box or receiver
- Remote Setup Wizard
- Media Center Remote learning and blasting
- Media Center can connect to another Media Center to act as a remote (TRemote)
- New HID remote control plug-in supports shortcuts with keyboard, mouse and gamepad
- Remote control with REST based Web Service Interface in Library Server
- Library Server supports read and write to allow for shared, multi-user database access
- DLNA added to the UPnP Server
- Library Server clients can write changes back to server
- Library Server connections allow playback on server as Playing Now zones
JRiver Media Center plays more file formats than any other player. Connected media from Netflix, Hulu, Last.fm, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia. And it sends to Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.107 (2020-09-05):
- Fixed: Image lookup from Google (for artist images, etc.) was not working.
- Fixed: Zooming in on an image thumbnail will scroll so the selected item is shown (previously it could scroll to a different spot).
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.106 (2020-08-11):
- Fixed: Modern Cards (Dark) frames fixed (thanks Marko).
- Fixed: You can no longer keyboard navigate or double click to select the Add Library tree item.
- Changed: Passing an invalid date to the SetInfo call will return instead of setting an empty date.
- Changed: Calls to the MCWS SetInfo will be logged for undo.
- Fixed: Encoding a FLAC with “Verify encoding” enabled could result in a crash in some situations.
- Fixed: Crash could have happened when audio analysis ran on missing files (files in MC’s database but deleted or no longer in that location on disk).
- Changed: Display of list fields stores “;” for the delimiter but now displays “; ” for the delimiter in file lists.
- Fixed: Conversion would not always work properly.
- Fixed: When replacing files during a convert, ISO and other numbered files will no longer delete the original file (since there could be more tracks in it).
- Fixed: Open Weather map for Theater View weather was not working.
- Changed: Some tuning of lyrics lookup to make Google work again, make slashes in artist names work, etc.
- Fixed: APE ratings did not get written to the file tags.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.103 (2020-08-01):
- Changed: When loading dates from an APE file, if no “Date” field is found, the “Year” field will be read (which could contain a full date).
- Fixed: FLAC streams would not all play.
- Fixed: EPUB books without sidecars would not import.
- Fixed: Possible crashes when using list controls.
- Fixed: The image file field did not support the smartlist modes properly.
- Changed: Removed AZ Lyrics from lookup.
- Changed: Only 10 files at a time are allowed for lyrics lookup.
- Fixed: ATSC Closed Captioning did not work since build 85.
- Fixed: The Portable Library feature would match case when replacing paths (so miss a lot of them).
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.101 (2020-07-21):
- Changed: Marked SSA/ASS subtitles as not movable by madVR in ROHQ.
- Changed: The tooltip for the enviro expression function was not correct.
- Fixed: The example for the RatingStars10 function incorrectly had brackets.
- Fixed: When exporting all playlists, cancelling on the format dialog would just pick the M3U format.
- Fixed: Media Center would crash when trying to remove a non-existing column from sorting in file views.
- Fixed: Setting television channel logos was not working.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.98 (2020-06-27):
- Changed: Trying to fully disable and re-enable hot keys if the option “Translate hot keys when running as Media Server” is not set.
- Fixed: Adaptive volume was not part of a DSP preset.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.95 (2020-06-26):
- Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
- Changed: Reverted Modern Cards Dark.
- Fixed: FLAC-in-Ogg radio streams did not play.
- Fixed: Loading a preset in the conversion window could crash.
- Changed: Updated Modern Cards Dark standard view skin.
- Fixed: The Playback/Zones MCWS call won’t return a hidden zone as the current zone if hidden zones are not asked for (just returns the zero index zone).
- Changed: Added the option to draw lyrics for every 50 lines.
- Fixed: A possible fix of the issue of DVB subtitle showing up one word a time.
- Fixed: When the scrollbar expanded and shrunk again, it could scroll this list.
- NEW: Added the ability to create an expression based calculated field to Library/CreateField.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.94 (2020-06-22):
- Changed: Automatically update the Playing Now toolbar button (instead of requiring a re-add).
- Changed: MC will be more tolerating to badly written “Year” tag by other programs.
- Fixed: The Add to Playing Now toolbar button would not work in the expected way.
- Fixed: Checking the box in options to submit to Last.fm was not working.
- Fixed: WAV streams without a content length did not play.
- Fixed: Audio stream selection in videos did not always work properly if no language was specified.
- Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
- Fixed: Accents in values for GroupCountQuery did not work properly.
- Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
- Changed: Searching list fields also searches with and without accents now instead of only without.
- Fixed: MC could get wrong date from ID3 tags in some mp3 files.
- NEW: Added the ListFormat(…) expression function.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.91 (2020-06-14):
- Fixed: Media Center only sends sidecar subtitles for the current file to the client, instead of all found in the current directory tree.
- Fixed: ListGrep was not honoring the mode switch for case sensitivity.
- Fixed: The example for ListFind had the wrong function name.
- Fixed: The number function did not pull negative numbers.
- NEW: Added a ListRemove expression.
- Changed: Reverted the change to separate the statusbar text. It’s all in the center again.
- NEW: Added modes 3 (remove empty strings) and 4 (trim strings) to the ListClean(…) expression function.
- Fixed: Right-click the Tag window “Customize This Field” would not scroll to the new field if the display name was different than the name.
- NEW: The author field is filled from OPF sidecars.
- Fixed: List fields with multiple values did not work properly with the GroupCountQuery function.
- NEW: Added OPF file tagging for e-books (requires data be on for the sidecar setting).
- Fixed: The number function searches for actual numbers after a dot so something like (. 1) won’t get read as just a dot.
- Fixed: Loading DSP presets would have the current equalizer settings overwrite the new preset settings.
- Fixed: The on / off state of plugins would not refresh right away when loading a DSP preset.
- Fixed: When changing Audio Program using right-click menu for live TV playback, the new audio type and language were not properly configured.
- Changed: When renaming files, a message will be shown if there are collisions telling that the files will be renamed. You can continue or cancel.
- Fixed: FLAC streams without a content length did not play.
- Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.90 (2020-06-07):
- Fixed: Commas in the ListMix(…) function would not get handled properly.
- Fixed: Editing list fields in the tag window would delimit the list with “; ” instead of just “;”.
- NEW: Sidecars for epub books will look for any OPF in the same folder instead of only the same filename.
- Changed: The -2 parameter for RegEx in the expression language will output all matches now.
- Changed: The statusbar shows the file status on the right and the working (or ready) status in the center.
- Fixed: TheMovieDB TV show lookup did not properly use the selected metadata language for all data.
- Fixed: Playback to MCWS zones could crash when querying about Last.fm.
- Changed: Made some more replacements of “; ” with “;” for list building in tagging.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.87 (2020-06-02):
- NEW: Slanted quotes (“”) in titles are replaced with regular quotes (“) for lyrics lookup.
- NEW: Slanted single quotes (‘’) in titles are replaced with reqular single quotes (‘) for lyrics lookup.
- NEW: Added a mode 5 to the Clean(…) expression function that standardizes quotes.
- NEW: Revamped Tuner Stream (DMS) TV channel support. Primarily for Linux and Mac, but will work on Windows. Tested with HDHomeRun Prime, and HDHomeRun Extend tuners. Should also work with HDHomeRun Connect.
- Changed: Media Center now uses TheMovieDB for TV Show metadata lookup, series/season posters and Theater View background art.
- Changed: The OSD doesn’t display when playing an image, then jumping to full screen (before it would show the zoom level).
- Fixed: Starting an image playing and then jumping to Display View would not make the image fill the view.
- Fixed: The subtitle engine would select the wrong sidecar subtitle files in some situations.
- Changed: Disabled event notifications for other applications through global broadcast messages, since they can interfer with smooth operation of other applications.
- Changed: Made exclusive the default for WASAPI again.
- Changed: Standardized on “;” for the list delimiter instead of “; ” for all the expressions.
- Changed: Actors, producers, etc. from TheMovieDB are delimited with “;” instead of “; “.
- Changed: Memory playback turns off when there’s less than 256 MB of memory (previously it would still try to allocate that much).
- Changed: Memory playback no longer disables for URL playback.
- Changed: Use higher quality resampling for DSD from PCM playback.
- Changed: Enter in the search box of Options no longer closes.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.80 (2020-05-12):
- Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
- Changed: It will show a message when adding or removing from a locked playlist in the Tag window and not make any changes.
- NEW: MC can use TitanTV’s web interface to schedule TV recording or starting playing TV.
- Fixed: Putting a zero in the FormatRange expression could lead to a crash.
- Fixed: The last build could fail to install on some systems.
- Fixed: Lyrics lookup would lookup all files instead of only music files.
- Changed: Testing build with Visual Studio 2019 (feedback wanted).
- Changed: Improved performance of ASS/SSA subtitles by using multiple threads for image blending.
- Fixed: Playing Now could be auto-expanded on program launch even if it wasn’t open during the last run.
- Fixed: DSD playback would report a low-pass in Audio Path when bitstreaming.
- Changed: The tree no longer expands to show when devices come and go.
- Changed: Removed the +6 dB shift we were applying to HDCD decoding.
- Changed: A shift of 6 dB is still applied to volume levelling so it should match between HDCD and regular files.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.73 (2020-05-06):
- Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Stefan).
- Fixed: The MP4 plugin would not open streams with the user agent properly.
- NEW: Made the shortcut Alt+I run auto-import.
- Fixed: Files that had been removed could get brought back in by an import.
- Changed: The low-pass filter applied to PCM conversion of DSD playback is reported in Audio Path.
- Fixed: Fix SetNextAvTransportURI which was broken by displaying the audio path on transcoded streams sent to DLNA renderers.
- NEW: Added the library tool “Lookup Date From Google”.
- NEW: Added a way to insert a clip of silence into the current playlist in the volume menu.
- Changed: Made sure some TV code (in particular DNLA TV device discovery) is not executed if TV feature is not enabled.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.69 (2020-04-24):
- Changed: Reverted a previous change that blocked Standard View EPG from updating program list while guide was being loaded in the background.
- Changed: Updated to Monkey’s Audio 5.37 (fixes decoding of v3.93 to 3.95 files).
- Fixed: When scanning for Tuner Stream type of TV channels without EGP loading, the “Next>” button on the scan wizard was not enabled at the end of scan.
- NEW: Made HDCD decoding use 24-bits as the “Automatic” bitdepth instead of 16.
- Changed: Updated to Monkey’s Audio 5.36 which brings legacy support back.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.67 (2020-04-23):
- Changed: The “More Play Options” Theater View roller item will now contain “Play All” when selecting a single file.
- NEW: Made mouse wheel volume over the player optional.
- Changed: Updated to Monkey’s Audio 5.35.
- NEW: Added a Stop After X choice that asks for the number of tracks to stop after.
- Changed: Removed the legacy mapped data for visualizations because none we could find are using it (please report any issues).
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.56 (2020-04-11):
- Changed: Only 16-bit files are checked for HDCD.
- Changed: The in and out sample rates are formatted for display instead of just returned as a raw number.
- Fixed: DLNA could incorrectly be in audio streamer mode.
- Fixed: Theater View views that show TV recordings were not updated in real time when TV recordings were added, in builds 53 and 54.
- NEW: Per-tuner option “The tuner requires using Symbols per second, instead of KiloSymbols per second” for television tuners that require symbol rate.
- Changed: Updated the YouTube API key (should make Theater View work again).
- Fixed: YouTube in Theater View was not working.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 26.0.52 (2020-04-09):
- Fixed: The Save this view dialog would not build the new filename from the view name.
- Changed: The Math(…) expression now requires US decimal characters again.
- Fixed: Equalizer settings could get overwritten when a DSP object was unloaded, so if you had multiple objects, settings could flip-flop.
- Fixed: The “Use previous subtitle” MCC command could get stuck on the “Null” subtitle on Blu-rays.
- Changed: The program no longer makes sure the file exists when getting cover art as a field summary (could be slow on some systems).
- NEW: DLNA zones show audio path information during playback (still a work in progress).
- Fixed: The Math(…) expression did not support the non-US decimal character well.
- Changed: Closing the program in mini view will just close instead of return to standard view.
- NEW: Added the variables [In Sample Rate] and [Out Sample Rate] to get the sample rates during playback.
- Changed: Removal of the launcher did not happen from the SysWOW64 folder on Windows 64 during uninstall.
- Fixed: Expressions to display did not work properly.
- Changed: Removed CD Baby because it was no longer working.
Homepage – https://www.jriver.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 10
JRiver Media Center has the following general system requirements under Mac OSX.
- Intel-based Mac
- OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or later
- Mac with GPU supporting OpenGL 3.2 required for video support.
- OSX 10.7.5 (Lion) or later required for video support, and recommended for best experience
- OSX 10.9.5 (Mavericks) or later, and compatible hardware, is required to use integer playback mode.
JRiver Media Center is built and tested on Debian Jessie in both 32 and 64bit flavours.
However Media Center has been shown to run without issue on numerous other distributions including
- Debian derivatives such as Ubuntu or Raspbian
Size: 37.7 MB